AuteurMessage
phiphiDestroyerMessages : 979
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ven 27 Mai - 17:24

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
avatarphiphiDestroyerMessages : 979
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ven 27 Mai - 17:31

Ace Frehley Talks Trading Licks With Slash, Dueting With Paul Stanley

5/18/2016 by Christa Titus

On Ace Frehely’s latest album, Origins, Vol. 1, the guitar legend slips into the roles of both admirer and idol. The former Kiss member compiled the collection of covers by picking songs from bands who influenced him as a musician, like Led Zeppelin (“Bring It On Home,”) Cream (“White Room”), Free (“Fire and Water”) and The Kinks (“Till the End of the Day”). Then he consulted his Rolodex to invite contemporaries to join him on the record, like John 5, Lita Ford, Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready and Slash.

“Slash is an amazing, fiery guitar player, just like me,” says Frehley of the top-hatted axeman, who trades licks with him on Thin Lizzy’s “Emerald.” “I think we complemented each other rather than try to outplay each other.”

Ace Frehley Working On Covers Album Before Taking Touring Break

Frehley also extended asks to one-time bandmates Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. While Frehley wasn’t able to get a hold of Simmons -- “Maybe for volume two,” he says philosophically -- Stanley paired with him for “Fire and Water,” for which they also shot a video:

Frehley paid further homage to his Kiss past by rerecording “Parasite” (with John 5) and “Rock and Roll Hell.” “On the original versions recorded with Kiss, I wasn’t singing lead. And since I’ve been singing lead on those songs live for many years, I think it was about time, you know, I get it on record,” he says of why he rerecorded them.

Listen to Frehley discuss putting together Origins, Vol. 1 below. He also fields a lightning round of questions about how he used to break the ice with ladies, what he does in his free time and more.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ven 27 Mai - 17:37

ACE FREHLEY Debuts “Fire And Water” Interview Featuring KISS Frontman PAUL STANLEY; Video

May 24, 2016, 2 days ago

2014 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame member Ace Frehley today has released, via 95.5 KLOS, a brand new video interview shot on set immediately after the video shoot for his cover of Free’s 1970 hit “Fire And Water” featuring none other than KISS frontman Paul Stanley. The six minute clip is the first time the two have been interviewed on camera in over 15 years. The last time the two sat for an interview was during the KISS farewell tour in 2002 in Australia.

The video notches itself into rock and roll history as the first time both Frehley and Stanley appear in a music video since KISS’ music video for “Psycho Circus” released in 1998. It’s also the first time in 14 years that the two shared a stage since KISS’ appearance at the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City. Finally, it’s the first time Frehley has released a music video since 1989, which was Frehley's cover of "Do Ya" released by both The Move and ELO.

Last month, Ace Frehley cracked the U.S. top 10 with his latest effort Origins: Vol. 1 charting at #1 on the Billboard Hard Music Chart, #3 on the Billboard Rock chart and #6 on the Billboard Current Chart selling more than 16k units in its first week of release according to Nielsen Soundscan. Internationally, the LP most notably came in at #2 on the Sweden Hard Rock Charts and #05 on the England Indie Album Breaker Charts.

Origins: Vol.1 and its success serves as the follow up to Space Invader, which debuted at #9 on the Top 200 Chart in 2014, the same year Ace Frehley was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame as an original member of KISS.

Ace Frehley released Origins Vol. 1, a collection of 12 newly recorded classics from Ace’s formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll on April 15th. This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS' 1998 reunion album Psycho Circus.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Dim 29 Mai - 10:16

Ace with Pete Townshend of The Who ~ "...my teenage guitar hero!!"

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ven 3 Juin - 15:58

Ace Frehley Talks New Covers Album, Plays Classic Kiss Songs

Posted 06/02/2016 by Guitar World Staff

In this new Guitar World video, which was posted to YouTube over the holiday weekend, Ace Frehley discusses his new covers album, Origins Vol. 1, and plays a few classic Kiss riffs.

The clip was shot during Frehley's recent visit to Guitar World HQ.

Frehley, along with Slash, was featured on the cover of our June 2016 issue, which you can find here.

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Sam 4 Juin - 11:10

HERE'S ACE, last week, with SIXX SENSE co-host JENN MARINO after recording an exclusive interview... parts of which start airing today!
Find your local SIXX SENSE station and air times, here:
http://sixxsense.iheart.com/pages/affiliates.html
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Dim 5 Juin - 9:14

ACE FREHLEY: My KISS Highlights (Video)

June 4, 2016 23 Comments

Eyewitness News conducted an interview with original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley on the day of the release of his covers album, "Origins, Vol. 1". You can now watch the chat below.

Asked to name the highlights of his time with KISS, Ace said: "Well, you know, the first thing that comes to mind is that I grew up in New York City, so Madison Square Garden was a highlight for me. And one weekend in the '70s, we did three sold-out shows at Madison Square Garden. So that was a big highlight. Another big highlight was when I rejoined the group for the reunion tour and we played Detroit in a sold-out stadium… Was it Dodger Stadium? Tiger Stadium. I can't get the names right, but everybody knows about it. But everybody knows about it. It sold out in, like, 45 minutes. And that was a special night. It was almost like déjà vu, because here I am in 1996, after I had left the group in '82, and I've got the same makeup on, the same costume, playing the same songs. So I felt like I time-traveled back. But it was a special night."

"Origins Vol. 1" debuted at No. 23 on The Billboard 200, having shifted 16,000 equivalent album units in the week ending April 21. The CD features KISS frontman Paul Stanley joining Ace on FREE's hit "Fire And Water". This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS's 1998 reunion album "Psycho Circus". Other guests are Slash trading leads on THIN LIZZY's classic "Emerald", Lita Ford singing and playing lead on THE TROGGS staple "Wild Thing", ROB ZOMBIE guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition "Parasite" for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic", and PEARL JAM's Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS "Alive!" mainstay "Cold Gin"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehley-my-kiss-highlights-video/#qtzMMCtbjxlmmZTM.99
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Dim 5 Juin - 9:14

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Jeu 9 Juin - 11:47

HORNS UP, ROCK SOLDIERS!! West coasters, and on line surfers! Check out ACE on HORN'S UP! with Stew on KLOS tonite!
MIDNITE EST/9PM PST: On air, at 95.5 FM Los Angeles;
or on line, here: http://www.955klos.com/horns-up-with-stew/
Sat nite 9-Mid #hornsup @955klos w/ the great @ace_frehley intvw, signed copies of #originsvol1 #best3hoursonFM! \m/
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Jeu 9 Juin - 11:50

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Sam 11 Juin - 20:21

PAUL STANLEY On Possiblity Of ACE FREHLEY Returning To KISS: 'I Don't See It'

June 10, 2016 0 Comments

Legendary KISS frontman Paul Stanley co-hosted the latest episode of the "Phone Booth Fighting" podcast, recorded at his home in Beverly Hills, California. Paul talked about his love of MMA (mixed martial arts), his particular admiration for co-host Frank Mir's (former UFC heavyweight champion) fighting career, and his Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame body of work that has spanned nearly 50 years. You can now listen to the podcast using the audio player below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On reconnecting with original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley for an appearance on Frehley's new solo covers set, "Origins Vol. 1", which came out in April:

Paul: "When Ace called… You know, we have a huge and deep history together, and for all the things that we may not agree on, to miss out on an opportunity that could have been really positive and do something together, it would have been a loss. And it turned out, yes, I would have missed out on something really great.

"Ace is a very unique person; there's nobody else like him, I'll tell you. And it's great to see him focused and clean [and] sober.

"To reconnect, it's not even about closure; it's about just opening the door again. And I'm the one who benefits from it. And I wouldn't know unless I did it. If it turned out to be horrible, okay. But I'm not one who wants to live with 'coulda, woulda, shoulda.' I don't wanna go through life going, 'What if I had done this? Maybe I should…' I've got none of those. I have no regrets in my life. Everything got me here, and everything I do will get me into the future. So the idea of being gnawed at by, 'Gee, I wish… What would happen if I did this?' I don't want that. I don't want that. I wanna face everything and see where it takes me."

On whether he thinks his renewed friendship with Ace has opened the door for a possibility of Frehley one day returning to KISS, even if it's just for a limited number of live shows:

Paul: "I don't see it. And, to me, that makes it even better. The fact that you can have people in your life, and maybe who they are and what they are in your life changes over time. Because I'm happy to see Ace and would love to see him… We text. He was on the radio last week, and I texted him, 'I'm listening.' It doesn't need to go further than that, but the fact that it's there is a terrific thing. Reading into it, and where's it gonna lead, and maybe…? There is none of that. There is just the joy and satisfaction in reconnecting — in a different way, perhaps. But it doesn't negate our differences, and that's okay. You can have people in your life. There are things we don't agree about and never will, [and] that's okay. Maybe it goes back to what I said earlier: the best relationships understand the limitations of the relationships."

Frehley left KISS after the band's 2002 "Farewell Tour" dates, saying afterwards that he took the word "farewell" seriously.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Sam 11 Juin - 20:25

Paul Stanley Rules Out Ace Frehley Returning to Kiss

By Dave Lifton June 11, 2016 11:31 AM

Those who were hoping that Paul Stanley‘s appearance on Ace Frehley‘s most recent solo album, Origins Vol. 1, might have opened the door to the Spaceman’s return to Kiss will likely be disappointed. Stanley says that, while he’s glad to have renewed his friendship with Frehley, he doesn’t believe another reunion will happen.

“I don’t see it,” he said on former UFC champion Frank Mir’s podcast, Phone Booth Fighting. “And, to me, that makes it even better. The fact that you can have people in your life, and maybe who they are and what they are in your life changes over time. Because I’m happy to see Ace and would love to see him. … We text. He was on the radio last week, and I texted him, ‘I’m listening.’ It doesn’t need to go further than that, but the fact that it’s there is a terrific thing. Reading into it, and where’s it gonna lead, and maybe…? There is none of that. There is just the joy and satisfaction in reconnecting.”

Stanley’s cameo on Origins Vol. 1 was to sing on a cover of Free‘s “Fire and Water.” And as with Sammy Hagar publicly reaching out to Eddie Van Halen over Twitter a few months ago, Stanley, who added that it was “great to see [Ace] focused and clean [and] sober,” acknowledged that recording with Ace was part of a simple desire to tie up some loose ends.

“To reconnect, it’s not even about closure,” he continued. “It’s about just opening the door again. And I’m the one who benefits from it. And I wouldn’t know unless I did it. If it turned out to be horrible, okay. But I’m not one who wants to live with ‘coulda, woulda, shoulda.’ I don’t wanna go through life going, ‘What if I had done this? Maybe I should…’ I’ve got none of those. I have no regrets in my life. Everything got me here, and everything I do will get me into the future. So the idea of being gnawed at by, ‘Gee, I wish… What would happen if I did this?’ I don’t want that. I don’t want that. I wanna face everything and see where it takes me.”

Read More: Paul Stanley Rules Out Ace Frehley Returning to Kiss | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-stanley-no-ace-frehley-reunion/?trackback=tsmclip
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Sam 11 Juin - 20:28

Paul Stanley Shoots Down Ace Frehley Rejoining KISS; ‘There Is Just the Joy and Satisfaction in Reconnecting’

By Joe DiVita June 11, 2016 10:49 AM

Tensions between current and former KISS members have been well documented over the years. This year, however, frontman Paul Stanley and former KISS axeman Ace Frehley reconnected as Stanley provided guest vocals on a track off Frehley’s Origins Vol. 1 covers record. Fans were quick to cling on to hopes that this would lead to Frehley rejoining the group, but Stanley has nixed that idea.

“I don’t see it,” Stanley said while co-hosting the Phone Booth Fighting podcast (audio below). “And, to me, that makes it even better,” the ‘Starchild’ continued. “The fact that you can have people in your life and maybe who they are and what they are in your life changes over time. Because I’m happy to see Ace and would love to see him… We text. He was on the radio last week, and I texted him, ‘I’m listening.'”

Stanley quickly followed up, “It doesn’t need to go further than that, but the fact that it’s there is a terrific thing. Reading into it, and where’s it gonna lead, and maybe…? There is none of that. There is just the joy and satisfaction in reconnecting — in a different way, perhaps. But it doesn’t negate our differences, and that’s okay. You can have people in your life.” Seemingly content with their past disagreements, the frontman offered, “There are things we don’t agree about and never will, [and] that’s okay. Maybe it goes back to what I said earlier: the best relationships understand the limitations of the relationships.”

Speaking about reconnecting on Frehley’s cover of Free’s “Fire and Water,” Stanley detailed, “When Ace called… You know, we have a huge and deep history together, and for all the things that we may not agree on, to miss out on an opportunity that could have been really positive and do something together, it would have been a loss. And it turned out, yes, I would have missed out on something really great.” He also said, “To reconnect, it’s not even about closure; it’s about just opening the door again.”

Read More: Paul Stanley Shoots Down Ace Frehley Rejoining KISS | http://loudwire.com/paul-stanley-shoots-down-ace-frehley-rejoining-kiss-just-joy-satisfaction-reconnecting/?trackback=tsmclip
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mer 15 Juin - 17:00

Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, Ace Frehley + More to Play Rock Carnival 2016

By Dave Lifton June 12, 2016 12:18 PM

Rob Kim / Andreas Rentz / Ethan Miller, Getty Images

Alice Cooper and Twisted Sister will headline the second annual Rock Carnival, which will take place from Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 at FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood, N.J. The lineup will also feature performances by, among others, Ace Frehley, Blue Oyster Cult, Clutch and Monster Magnet.

Twisted Sister’s slot, which will close the festivities on Saturday, Oct. 1, is being called their last-ever show in the tri-state (N.Y., N.J., Ct.) area where the group originated. The group are currently celebrating their 40th anniversary as a band with the 40 and F— It tour, after which they will officially break up.

Much of the bill on Friday leading up to Cooper’s set will be dedicated to covers. In addition to local acts playing their favorite rock songs, there will be performances by Journey and Queen tribute bands, and Zakk Sabbath, in which Zakk Wylde will lead a group of metal veterans playing the music of Black Sabbath. Developing artists will also be spotlighted on a separate stage. Sunday’s lineup will be announced on July 5, although it is known that Tom Kiefer’s Cinderella are booked.

Befitting its name, the Rock Carnival will feature a Ferris wheel and other carnival attractions, food trucks and craft beer, professional wrestling courtesy of Jersey Championship Wrestling, pig racing and other amusements for the family. Tickets are on sale for single-day, two-day and weekend packages, with VIP, meet-and-greet and Skybox offerings available, as well as carnival-only tickets, with children under 16 admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult. For complete details, visit the festival’s website.

Read More: Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, Ace Frehley + More to Play Rock Carnival 2016 | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-cooper-twisted-sister-ace-frehley-rock-carnival-2016/?trackback=tsmclip
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mer 15 Juin - 17:03

Paul Stanley reconnection with Ace Frehley won’t lead to Kiss return

News / 2 days ago / by Martin Kielty

Kiss frontman Paul Stanley is delighted to have reconnected with ex-guitarist Ace Frehley - but doesn’t believe it’ll lead to a reunion

Kiss frontman Paul Stanley doesn’t believe guitarist Ace Frehley will return to the band, despite the pair settling their differences recently.

Frehley departed for the second and apparently final time in 2002, and some bad feeling seemed to remain until Stanley made a guest appearance on his solo album Origins Volume 1, released in April.

Asked about a reunion, Stanley tells Phone Booth Fighting: “I don’t see it – and to me, that makes it even better.

“You can have people in your life, and what they are in your life changes over time. I’m happy to see Ace. We text. He was on the radio last week and I texted him, ‘I’m listening.

“It doesn’t need to go further than that, but the fact that it’s there is a terrific thing.”

He describes his contact with Frehley as “about opening the door again” and continues: “I’m the one who benefits from it. I don’t want to go through life thinking, ‘What if I had done this?’ I want to face everything and see where it takes me.”

Stanley adds: “Reading into it, where’s it going to lead, and maybe… There’s none of that. There’s just the joy and satisfaction of reconnecting.”

Frehley discussed the chances of a reunion in April, telling Loudwire: “None of that’s been discussed. I was just happy to get him on. I always leave the door open.”
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mer 15 Juin - 17:07

ACE FREHLEY Says GENE SIMMONS Can Be A 'Sweet' And 'Sensitive' Guy

June 14, 2016 0 Comments

image: http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/acefrehleysixxsense2016_638_0.jpg
ACE FREHLEY Says GENE SIMMONS Can Be A 'Sweet' And 'Sensitive' Guy

Veteran radio personality Jenn Marino, who in 2014 joined MÖTLEY CRÜE and SIXX:A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx as co-host of "Sixx Sense With Nikki Sixx" and "The Side Show Countdown With Nikki Sixx", recently conducted an interview with original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley. You can now watch the chat below.

Asked about some of KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons's recent controversial comments, including his opinion on the tragic deaths of great music icon Prince, Frehley said: "I think he's coming down with Tourette's [syndrome]. [Laughs] He can't help himself sometimes."

He continued: "But you've gotta love that guy. I mean, he saved my life twice. I was in the hospital in 2005 out here [in Los Angeles], and I was leaving the hospital, and I was supposed to leave in a wheelchair. Most people [when they leave the hospital], they wheel you down to the lobby and then you get in a limo. He picked me up and carried me all the way downstairs. He didn't want me to be in a wheelchair. I mean, how sweet of a guy is that?"

Frehley added: "Gene comes off very abrasive and like a money-grubbing guy, but, you know, there's another side to Gene. There's that sweet, sensitive guy that you don't always see. But it's there."

Asked if he ever gets used to Gene's outspoken and controversial public personality, Ace said: "I worked with the guy for years, on and off, so I'm used to anything Gene says and does. But as of late, he's been a little more outspoken than in the past."

Ace Frehley's covers album, "Origins, Vol. 1", debuted at No. 23 on The Billboard 200, having shifted 16,000 equivalent album units in the week ending April 21. The CD features KISS frontman Paul Stanley joining Ace on FREE's hit "Fire And Water". This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS's 1998 reunion album "Psycho Circus".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehley-says-gene-simmons-can-be-a-sweet-and-sensitive-guy/#aRw7mzC2VbCQFp2k.99
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mer 15 Juin - 17:11

Upcoming 2016 Dates

Aug 26, 2016 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues

Sep 24, 2016 - Coming Soon

Sep 30, 2016 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance

Oct 1, 2016 - Lakewood, NJ - Rock Carnival, First Energy Park
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ven 17 Juin - 15:00

Ace Frehley: Gene Simmons is sweet and sensitive

News / 1 day ago / by Christina O'Neill

Former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley says there's "another side" to his ex-bandmate Gene Simmons – but admits he's "more outspoken" now than he used to be

Former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley says that singer and bassist Gene Simmons is actually a "sweet, sensitive guy."

The rock star has faced backlash in recent years over his controversial opinions. But Frehley says his ex-bandmate Simmons just "can't help himself" – and adds that he has a softer side that people don't always see.

Frehley tells Sixx Sense: "I think he's coming down with Tourette's Syndrome. He can't help himself sometimes.

"But you've gotta love that guy. I mean, he saved my life twice. I was in the hospital in 2005 out here in Los Angeles, and I was leaving the hospital, and I was supposed to leave in a wheelchair.

"Most people when they leave hospital are wheeled down to the lobby and then you get in a limo. He picked me up and carried me all the way downstairs. He didn't want me to be in a wheelchair. I mean, how sweet of a guy is that?"
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Sam 18 Juin - 23:42

How ACE FREHLEY Ended Up Being JIMI HENDRIX's Roadie For One Day (Video)

June 18, 2016 13 Comments

image: http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/acefrehleyoriginssandiegomay2016_638.jpg
How ACE FREHLEY Ended Up Being JIMI HENDRIX's Roadie For One Day (Video)

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley was the first guest on KFM-BFM Radio's new music series called "Origins". You can now watch video footage of his appearance below.

Asked if it was true that he served as a roadie for Jimi Hendrix at the guitar legend's last concert in New York prior to his death, Ace said: "Yeah. There was a peace concert at Randall's Island, which is right next to Manhattan island in New York City. I went to the show. I snuck backstage. I just kind of walked in. I was watching people walk in and out. I was watching the bands walk out to see other bands, and then I watched them walk back, and they'd just walked up with their head high and looked like they were somebody. So I just kind of walked in with this presence like I was in one of the bands, and the security guy just figured I was in one of the bands. So I'm back there about fifteen minutes, twenty minutes, and people were starting to say, 'Who is this fucking guy?' [Laughs] Finally, one of the road guys came up and said, 'Are you in one of the bands?' I said, 'No. I snuck back here.' He said, 'Well, can you do anything?' I said, 'Yeah.' Next thing you know, I'm seting up Mitch Mitchell's [Hendrix's drummer] drums. It was crazy. And then Mitch Mitchell walks over. But he he had changed his look. Because originally he started off with the afro, like Noel [Redding, Hendrix bassist] and Jimi, and then he changed his image; he got the beard and he got the headband. So when he initially walked over to check out the drums prior to the show, I didn't realize it was Mitch. And here I am walking around in high school with Jimi Hendrix's first album under my arm every day, and next thing you know, I'm talking to Mitch Mitchell and I didn't realize it was Mitch Mitchell. The roadie goes to Mitch, 'Hey, Mitch, what snare are you gonna use tonight?' And I [thought], 'Jesus Christ! It's Mitch Mitchell.' And that whole thing was a surreal day."

Ace Frehley's covers album, "Origins, Vol. 1", debuted at No. 23 on The Billboard 200, having shifted 16,000 equivalent album units in the week ending April 21. The CD features KISS frontman Paul Stanley joining Ace on FREE's hit "Fire And Water". This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS's 1998 reunion album "Psycho Circus".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/how-ace-frehley-ended-up-being-jimi-hendrixs-roadie-for-one-day-video/#HpjiCvwV58JQ6ObI.99
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Dim 19 Juin - 18:52

ACE FREHLEY Talks How He Ended Up Being JIMI HENDRIX’s Roadie For A Day – “I Snuck Backstage”

June 18, 2016, 21 hours ago

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley was the first guest on KFM-BFM Radio's new music series called Origins.

Asked if it was true that he served as a roadie for Jimi Hendrix at the guitar legend's last concert in New York prior to his death, Ace said: "Yeah. There was a peace concert at Randall's Island, which is right next to Manhattan Island in New York City. I went to the show. I snuck backstage. I just kind of walked in. I was watching people walk in and out. I was watching the bands walk out to see other bands, and then I watched them walk back, and they'd just walked up with their head high and looked like they were somebody. So I just kind of walked in with this presence like I was in one of the bands, and the security guy just figured I was in one of the bands. So I'm back there about fifteen minutes, twenty minutes, and people were starting to say, 'Who is this fucking guy?' (Laughs) Finally, one of the road guys came up and said, 'Are you in one of the bands?' I said, 'No. I snuck back here.' He said, 'Well, can you do anything?' I said, 'Yeah.' Next thing you know, I'm seting up Mitch Mitchell's (Hendrix's drummer) drums. It was crazy. And then Mitch Mitchell walks over. But he he had changed his look. Because originally he started off with the afro, like Noel (Redding, Hendrix bassist) and Jimi, and then he changed his image; he got the beard and he got the headband. So when he initially walked over to check out the drums prior to the show, I didn't realize it was Mitch. And here I am walking around in high school with Jimi Hendrix's first album under my arm every day, and next thing you know, I'm talking to Mitch Mitchell and I didn't realize it was Mitch Mitchell. The roadie goes to Mitch, 'Hey, Mitch, what snare are you gonna use tonight?' And I (thought), 'Jesus Christ! It's Mitch Mitchell.' And that whole thing was a surreal day."
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mer 22 Juin - 16:37

Ace Frehley heading back out on the road

Jun. 20, 2016

Former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is heading back out on the road with dates announced for August and September.

He gets things going on August 18th in Dallas with six shows through the 27th in Indianapolis, followed by more at the end of September into early October. He's also making up the show in Poughkeepsie, New York that he postponed in April because of dehydration.

The tour is in support of his recent covers collection, Origins, Vol. 1.

Ace Frehley Tour Dates (Subject to change):

August 18, 2016 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Concert Hall
August 20, 2016 - Austin, TX - Bat Festival
August 23, 2016 - Denver, CO - Oriental Theatre
August 24, 2016 - Omaha, NE - Waiting Room
August 26, 2016 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
August 27, 2016 - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room
September 23, 2016 - New York, NY - Playstation Theater
September 24, 2016 - Binghamton, NY - Magic City Music Hall
September 30, 2016 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance
October 1, 2016 - Lakewood, NJ - Rock Carnival
October 9, 2016 - Tarrytown, NY - Tarrytown Music Hall

Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mer 22 Juin - 16:42

How a Teenaged Ace Frehley Became a Roadie for Jimi Hendrix

June 21, 2016 10:01 AM
by Alisha Jackson

Even before Ace Frehley joined KISS, he was a rockstar.

Have you ever tried to sneak into a concert? You have to really look like you belong if you don’t have some sort of pass. Apparently, even during his teenage years Ace Frehley looked like a rockstar, because he blended in with the roadies just fine when he tried to sneak into a Jimi Hendrix show. So much so, that he actually ended up setting up Mitch Mitchell‘s drums with the crew! “I always figured if I was gonna make it famous, I had to look famous before I even got there,” Ace said about his pre-fame days.

“There was a peace concert at Randall’s Island, which is right next to Manhattan island in New York City,” he recalled. “I was watching people walk in and out. I was watching the bands walk out to see other bands, and then I watched them walk back, and they’d just walked up with their head high and looked like they were somebody. So I just kind of walked in with this presence, like I was in one of the bands, and the security guy just figured I was in one of the bands. So I’m back there about 15 minutes, 20 minutes, and people were starting to say, ‘Who is this f****** guy?'”

“Finally, one of the road guys came up and said, ‘Are you in one of the bands?’ I said, ‘No. I snuck back here.’ He said, ‘Well, can you do anything?’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ Next thing you know, I’m setting up Mitch Mitchell’s drums. It was crazy.”

When Frehley had the chance to meet one of his idols, he didn’t even realize it was him at first. “Then Mitch Mitchell walks over,” he continued, “but he had changed his look. Because originally he started off with the afro, like Noel Redding and Jimi, and then he changed his image – he got the beard and he got the headband.”

“So when he initially walked over to check out the drums prior to the show, I didn’t realize it was Mitch. And here I am walking around in high school with Jimi Hendrix’s first album under my arm every day, and next thing you know, I’m talking to Mitch Mitchell and I didn’t realize it was Mitch Mitchell.”

“The roadie goes to Mitch, ‘Hey, Mitch, what snare are you gonna use tonight?’ And I thought, ‘Jesus Christ! It’s Mitch Mitchell.’ And that whole thing was a surreal day.”
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Sam 25 Juin - 18:41

‘A Lesson in KISStory’ With Ace Frehley: An Album-by-Album Retrospective

By Graham Hartmann

Welcome to ‘A Lesson in KISStory’ with Ace Frehley! In this 20-minute interview, we go through every album Frehley was a part of with the legendary band along with all the ups and downs he experienced along the way.

Thanks to his contributions to KISS, Ace Frehley remains one of the most iconic guitarists in rock history, and the Spaceman now enjoys a solo career and a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It’s hard to believe that KISS wasn’t always a musical super-juggernaut, but KISS did have to rise from obscurity while being misunderstood as nothing more than a gimmick freak show.

Ace tells us all about KISS’ early years and what made recording with the band so much different than the other groups Frehley had been a part of. He recalls KISS touring in a station wagon and sharing hotel rooms with the boys long before they could afford their own limos and suites. “There was a lot more camaraderie in those days,” Ace recalls. “Because we were always thrown together.”

Ace goes through all the essential KISS releases, his development as a guitarist and how he finally broke out of his shell as a singer. “No matter what I did in the studio, I never really got the praise that I maybe should have from those guys,” Frehley recalls. “They were always making me feel like I wasn’t good enough.” “I actually recorded [‘Shock Me’] on my back,” Ace reveals. “I didn’t feel confident enough; kind of hiding.”

As for Ace Frehley’s original departure from KISS, he dropped a bombshell during our chat. “I really felt that if I didn’t leave the group, I was going to kill myself,” Ace admits. “I wasn’t going to make it. I was abusing chemicals and alcohol. I just felt like I was going on a downward spiral and needed a break.”

Check out ‘A Lesson in KISStory’ from Ace Frehley himself in the video above!

Read More: 'A Lesson in KISStory' With Ace Frehley: Album Retrospective | http://loudwire.com/lesson-kisstory-ace-frehley-album-by-album-retrospective/?trackback=tsmclip
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mar 30 Aoû - 20:25

Video: ACE FREHLEY Performs In Dallas, Texas

August 29, 2016 33 Comments

JAM Magazine has uploaded video footage of former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley performing the song "Rip It Out", "Toys" and "Rocket Ride" at Gas Monkey Live in Dallas, Texas on August 18. Check it out below.

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Frehley recently said that Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley's mistreatment of him at KISS's 2014 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction actually inspired him musically. Frehley, who released the covers collection "Origins, Vol. 1" back in April, received great reviews and scored a Top 25 hit with the set. To the surprises of many, Paul Stanley has joined forces with Frehley on the album, taking the lead on a cover of FREE's classic 1970 track "Fire And Water". The recording marked the first time the KISS co-founders appeared on an original album together since the band's 1998 set, "Psycho Circus".

Frehley revealed to The Pulse Of Radio that the impetus for "Origins, Vol. 1" reaching its potential actually came from his treatment by his former bandmates at the Rock Hall induction. "As you probably know, we were asked to perform at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony, by the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and me and Peter [Criss] were up for doing that and Paul and Gene shot it down, y'know?" he said. "They made some innuendos that maybe me and Peter weren't up for the task, and that just made me do a better record. [Laughs]"

The Pulse Of Radio asked Frehley how his sobriety improved the recording process this time around. "I'm a lot more focused and I think when people listen to this album, they're probably going to say that — in fact, a lot of reviewers have already said that," he said. "I'm a lot healthier than I was ten years ago. Not everybody can say that in their 60s, y'know, that they're healthier than they were in their 50s. So, I mean, it's a big plus. Y'know, I got a beautiful lady that I'm engaged to, who co-wrote two songs on the record with me and, y'know, life's good today."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-ace-frehley-performs-in-dallas-texas/#pCsKOsiiDG32kMOv.99
avatarDOMMMtv unpluggedMessages : 8502
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Mer 25 Jan - 15:27

Ace Frehley commente la rumeur de son retour au sein de Kiss

Les rumeurs circulant au sujet d’un éventuel retour du membre original et guitariste de Kiss, Ace Frehley, ont gagné de la ferveur plus tôt cette année après que ce dernier se soit joint au chanteur Paul Stanley pour enregistrer une reprise de la chanson Fire and Water du groupe Free et soulignant leur première collaboration depuis l’album Psycho Circus en 1998.

Frehley s’est exprimé au sujet de sa relation avec Stanley et les autres membres du groupe sur les ondes de l’émission radio Trunk Nation plus tôt cette semaine. « De travailler à nouveau avec Paul était presque comme si je n’avais jamais quitté le groupe. La chimie était toujours là. Lorsque nous nous sommes entendus pour chanter sur Fire And Water, ceci était un grand accomplissement. Il poursuit : « Paul et moi avons passé au travers beaucoup d’épreuves au travers des années. Mais peu importe quand on se revoyait, c’est comme si nous n’avions jamais été éloignés. »

Lorsque interrogé sur les rumeurs voulant qu’il rejoindrait Kiss pour une dernière tournée, Ace a dit : « On ne m’a pas contacté à ce sujet. Je ne décide pas. C’est une possibilité, j’imagine. La balle est dans le camp de Paul et Gene. Si c’est quelque chose qu’ils aimeraient pour clore la carrière de Kiss, je crois que cela pourrait, si c’est dirigé correctement, être fantastique. Mais ces gars dirigent pas mal la partie à présent. De mon côté je fais mes choses, et eux les leurs. Et si cela arrive, tant mieux, sinon, je serai bien et ils le seront aussi. »

Ace a aussi confirmé qu’il avait commencé à composer de la musique pour son prochain matériel musical original, possiblement disponible en 2017.

date de l'article 01/12/2016
avatarDid'yeahAdministrateurMessages : 8628
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Lun 30 Jan - 18:05

Merci Domm Wink

Ace Frehley News !
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 32 sur 35Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Suivant