Kiss France forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

Partagez

Ace Frehley News !

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Suivant
AuteurMessage
phiphiMonsterMessages : 11546
Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 8:30

ACE FREHLEY Hopes To Release His Next Book In 2017

Apr 12 2016

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley was recently interviewed on “Elliot In The Morning”, the morning radio talk show hosted by DJ Elliot Segal. You can listen to the chat below.

Speaking about the planned sequel to his autobiography “No Regrets: A Rock ‘N’ Roll Memoir”, which came out in 2011, Frehley said: “Well, I’ve got a couple of chapters written and I have several notes for other chapters that are gonna be included, so I’m thinking hopefully getting it finished by the end of this year and out next year.”

Frehley also acknowledged the fact that he has had to piece a lot of the material together from third-party anecdotes owing to his active addictions around the time that the events took place.

“Everybody does have an Ace story, in most cases, and it’s actually good for me, because my memory isn’t what it used to be,” he said. “So [how it comes together is by] sitting down with old friends and employees and family members, and saying, ‘What do you remember? Jog my memory.’ And nine times out of ten, it comes back to me once they kick off the story.”

Frehley said a couple of years ago that his next book will “be along the same lines as the first one.” He continued: “I don’t believe in bashing people. I don’t believe in a lot of negativity, so most of the stories in the book are going to be about me: funny stories and funny situations on the road, all stories about me in the Bronx growing up, and so on and so forth.

“There wasn’t much in the first book about the FREHLEY’S COMET years, and there’s plenty of stories along those lines, there’s still plenty of KISS stories, and plenty of stories of me growing up. I probably have enough stories for five books.”

“No Regrets: A Rock ‘N’ Roll Memoir” landed at position No. 10 on the New York Times “Hardcover Nonfiction” best sellers list. The book, which was described as a look back at Ace‘s “life of sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll,” arrived on November 1, 2011 via Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

“No Regrets” was co-written by New York Times journalist Joe Layden who also authored “The Last Great Fight” about what is considered by many to be the biggest upset in the history of boxing: James “Buster” Douglas‘ tenth-round knockout win over Mike Tyson in 1990.

Frehley performed with KISS from its inception in 1973 until his first departure in 1982 before rejoining KISS in 1996 for a very successful reunion tour. Frehley‘s second stint lasted until 2002.

“Origins Vol. 1″, a collection of twelve newly recorded classics from Ace‘s formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, will be released on April 15. Most notably, KISS frontman Paul Stanley joins Ace on FREE‘s hit “Fire And Water”. This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS‘s 1998 reunion album “Psycho Circus”. Other guests are none other than Slash trading leads on THIN LIZZY‘s classic “Emerald”, Lita Ford singing and playing lead on THE TROGGS staple “Wild Thing”, ROB ZOMBIE guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition “Parasite” for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix‘s “Spanish Castle Magic”, and PEARL JAM‘s Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS “Alive!” mainstay “Cold Gin”.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 4th, 2016 at 7:00 PM and is filed under Blabbermouth. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
phiphiphiphiMonsterMessages : 11546
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 8:31

Ajoutée le 13 avr. 2016

Video of Ace Frehley performing "Cold Gin" @ The Paramount in Huntington, NY on 4/13/2016
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 8:33

Ajoutée le 13 avr. 2016

Video of Ace Frehley performing "New York Groove" @The Paramount in Huntington, NY on 4/13/2016
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 8:43

Concert Listings: April 13 to 19, 2016

Added on April 13, 2016

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Web1_410
Former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley will visit the F.M. Kirby Center in Wilkes-Barre for a concert on April 15.

CONCERTS AT A GLANCE

F.M. Kirby Center, Wilkes-Barre (570) 826-1100

Dancing in the Streets: Motown’s Greatest Hits, April 13

Ace Frehley, April 15
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 15:59

Hear ACE FREHLEY And PAUL STANLEY's First Song Collaboration In 18 Years

April 14, 2016 11 Comments

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Acefre18
image: http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/acefrehleypaulstanley2016_638.jpg

Paul Stanley has joined forces with Ace Frehley for a new track on Frehley's upcoming solo covers set. The new album, "Origins Vol. 1", will be released on April 26, and marks the first time the KISS co-founders have appeared on an original album together since the band's 1998 set, "Psycho Circus". Stanley takes the lead on Frehley's cover of FREE's classic 1970 track "Fire And Water", which can now be streamed below.

During an appearance on KBAD 94.5's "Morning Crash" radio show, Stanley stated about his new collaboration with Frehley: "Ace was doing an album of covers, songs that influenced him and that he loved, and called me. And it's always very funny, because with caller ID, I look, and the phone's ringing, and I see Ace's name come up. So, of course…

"Look, for all the bickering and stuff that we may say about each other, we go back to a very magical time. We started this together. So in spite of whatever we may say from time to time or things that get blown up, we are a family, and a dysfunctional one, but nonetheless a family.

"So Ace said, 'Would you do something on the album?' I said, 'Sure. Of course.'"

He continued: "If [Ace] succeeds, it only makes me happy. I don't wanna see anybody fail, especially somebody who I'm close to. Even if I don't speak to him weekly, even monthly, we are connected in a way that will go to the end.

"There's a great song by FREE called 'Fire And Water', which was on the album with 'All Right Now'. Paul Rodgers, besides being a friend of mine, is one of the consummate vocalists. So to get a chance to sing something that's a little different than what I do in KISS was something I didn't take lightly, because Paul Rodgers is a hell of a vocalist. So it was great, and it was a lot of fun, and it was terrific. And I only wish Ace well with it."

Ace spoke to Rolling Stone about his teamup with Stanley. Frehley said: "I thought Paul did a fabulous vocal on it. He jumped at the chance to do this because it's something that's outside of KISS and his character in KISS, and it gave him a chance to, y'know, sing. With Paul, you usually think of him singing in a slightly higher register and on 'Fire And Water', he's singing deep from his diaphragm, and it's a real cool vocal. Everyone's who heard it was just thinks it's the shit."

Other high-profile artists guesting with Ace on the new album are Slash, Lita Ford, Mike McCready, and John 5. In addition to the FREE track, Ace and his guests tackle key classic rock touchstones by CREAM, STEPPENWOLF, LED ZEPPELIN, THIN LIZZY, THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE, THE ROLLING STONES, THE KINKS — and even KISS.

"Origins Vol. 1" track listing:

01. White Room (CREAM)
02. Street Fighting Man (ROLLING STONES)
03. Spanish Castle Magic (JIMI HENDRIX) (feat. John 5)
04. Fire And Water (FREE) (feat. Paul Stanley)
05. Emerald (THIN LIZZY) (feat. Slash)
06. Bring It On Home (LED ZEPPELIN)
07. Wild Thing (THE TROGGS) (feat. Lita Ford)
08. Parasite (KISS) (feat. John 5)
09. Magic Carpet Ride (STEPPENWOLF)
10. Cold Gin (KISS) (feat. Mike McCready)
11. Till The End Of The Day (THE KINKS)
12. Rock And Roll Hell (KISS)

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hear-ace-frehley-and-paul-stanleys-first-song-collaboration-in-18-years/#bcqVXQYAtHeZ8A8j.99
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:12

Hear Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley's First Song Together in 18 Years

Cover of Free's "Fire and Water" will appear on former Kiss guitarist's covers album, 'Origins Vol. 1'
By Kory Grow April 14, 2016

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 720x4012

Ace Frehley has released his cover of Free's "Fire and Water," his first recording with Paul Stanley on vocals in nearly two decades. Jay Gilbert

Fifteen years ago this week, Ace Frehley played his last gig as a member of Kiss. Now, after years of public bad blood, he's releasing a covers album that features his first song in nearly two decades with his old bandmate Paul Stanley. "Fire and Water," originally recorded by Free, will appear on Origins Vol. 1, which comes out tomorrow.

For all the back-and-forth slogging in the press, though – especially around the bad's 2014 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – both Frehley and Stanley say they've never not been friends. "We are linked together forever," Stanley tells Rolling Stone. "We created something that will live far past our lifetimes. And I would love to see him succeed."

"We've always been friends," Frehley said in February. "The press seems to amplify negativity. I guess it makes good copy."

"People look through the windows and the see mouths move, but they don't hear what's being said," Stanley says. "I was happy Ace called me up with this. It's very funny, because on my phone when he called, his name comes up, and it put a smile on my face. Like, I pick up the phone and go, 'Ace Frehley!'"

Free's third album, 1970's Fire and Water – which also features their biggest hit "All Right Now" – made a significant impact on the guitarist early in his life, and he has wanted to record his own take on its title track since the Seventies. He recorded the backing tracks with his band – which also covered songs by Cream, Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, among others, and also welcomed guests like Pearl Jam's Mike McCready and Slash to the sessions – and then sent it to Stanley with hopes he'd be interested in singing it.

Stanley, too, thought it was a great song choice. "[Free vocalist] Paul Rodgers, besides being a friend, is one of the greatest singers of the last couple of generations," he says. "He has always been an inspiration, and so I didn't take singing that song lightly. You don't often get a chance to redo a Free song, and when you're singing something by somebody who you respect immensely, it's like me sending it to him."

"I thought Paul did a fabulous vocal on it," Frehley told Rolling Stone. "He jumped at the chance to do this because it's something that's outside of Kiss and his character in Kiss, and it gave him a chance to, you know, sing. With Paul, you usually think of him singing in a slightly higher register, and on 'Fire and Water,' he's singing deep from his diaphragm, and it's a real cool vocal. Everyone who's heard it just thinks it's the shit."

"I don't get a chance to sing those kinds of songs as often as I'd like," Stanley says. "It's not like I'm learning Mandarin or anything like that – it's part of my wheelhouse – but it's just not something I get to record often. I thought it was very funny because Ace seemed blown away. And I'm thinking, 'I'm a singer and that's what I do.' I'm glad he was pleased with it."

Stanley also underscores that all is copacetic between Frehley and him. "I have no anger," he says. "I'm sitting in an amazingly beautiful house with an incredible family, an amazing wife, an amazing life, and it's all built on Kiss. And the foundation of Kiss is something Ace is a part of. We couldn't have built this without him. He's part of it."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-ace-frehley-and-paul-stanleys-first-song-together-in-18-years-20160414#ixzz45oH1Ig4b
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:15

Exclusive Report from Filming of Ace Frehley Video Fire and Water with Paul Stanley
Michael Brandvold
4 928
93 vues
Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

Special Edition, April 14, 2016. We have a exclusive, first hand, report by photographer Jay Gilbert from the filming of the Ace Frehley music video for Fire and Water. This video featured Paul Stanley performing on stage with Ace. Jay was the only photographer at the video and has shared with us many of his exclusive photos from the filming. You won't get this insiders report or photos anywhere else!

Ace Frehley - www.AceFrehley.com
Paul Stanley - www.PaulStanley.com

Press requests please contact Izzy Presley Productions (PR/Media Relations) at izzypresleyproductions.com

Since launching in 2013 Three Sides of the Coin has been viewed or listened to over 2,000,000 times. Three Sides of the Coin has been joined by special guests including former KISS lead guitarist Bruce Kulick, the Black Veil Brides' Andy Biersack, Frank Munoz associate producer for Ace Frehley's Anomaly album, award winning songwriter Adam Mitchell, Ed Kanon (Peter Criss' drum tech), and Kevin Valentine (drummer on KISS' Psycho Circus album). Three Sides of the Coin was picked (October 2013) as a 'What's Hot' podcast by Apple's iTunes.

In the early '90s, Michael Brandvold launched the fifth ever website on the Internet devoted to KISS, KISS Otaku. He built, launched and maintained Kissonline.com (KISS' official web presence). He now owns Michael Brandvold Marketing, providing providing marketing services and digital strategy to musicians. Tommy Sommers spent 15 years on the record show circuit collecting, trading and selling memorabilia / Kiss merchandise. He is now a successful residential Real Estate agent in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area. Tommy has also produced a KISS song For The Oddfathers and is the owner of Rock Steady Digital Photography. Mark Cicchini, is a world renown KISS collector. KISS have used parts of Mark’s vast KISS collection for audio, video & print materials including their book NOTHIN TO LOSE, CD re release of the LOVE GUN album & the VH1 Ultimate Album KISS ALIVE! special as well as many other KISS projects. His wife also makes a mean meatloaf!!!

It's only our opinion... it's neither right nor wrong.

Three Sides Of The Coin is unofficial & unsanctioned and has no affiliation with the band KISS.

De belles photos d'Ace et de Paul !!! Very Happy  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:21

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Magic Carpet Ride from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:22

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Rock and Roll Hell from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:25

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Fire and Water (feat. Paul Stanley) from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:26

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Cold Gin (feat. Mike McCready) from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:27

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Street Fighting Man from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:30

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Bring It On Home from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:32

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Wild Thing (feat. Lita Ford) from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:33

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Spanish Castle Magic (feat. John 5) from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 16:34

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

♬ Ace Frehley - Till The End Of The Day from the album "Origins Vol. 1" ♬

Hard Rock.
Did'yeahDid'yeahAdministrateurMessages : 8905
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Avr - 20:47

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 1282095539 Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 643715 Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 643715 Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 643715 Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 643715

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 9:18

Ace Frehley’s 5 Essential Guitar Records

Features / 15 hours ago / by Joe Bosso

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 3a44cb10    

Ace Frehley, rock star and Starman, picks five records that showcase the very best in six string sorcery...

Guitar legend Ace Frehley admits that his record label came up with the idea of an album of cover tunes, but once he embraced the concept, he didn’t know where to stop. “I tried to pick songs and groups that influenced me when I was growing up,” he says. “That’s why it’s called Origins Vol. 1 – there was too many for one record. You might see another one down the line.”

Joined by an impressive array of guest stars including Slash, Lita Ford, Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready and Rob Zombie guitarist John 5, Frehley puts his own stamp on tracks made famous by Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf and the Rolling Stones, among others, but he points out that he tried to steer clear of picking obvious choices. “How many versions of Jumpin’ Jack Flash do you need?’ he asks rhetorically. “That’s why I did Street Fighting Man – it’s not quite what you might expect.”

Still, he notes with some surprise that the obvious is exactly what some listeners want. “People hear my version of Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf, and they go, ‘Hey, that’s great.’ But then they say, ‘But I would’ve picked Born to Be Wild. Go figure.”

Frehley even strolls down musical memory lane by covering Kiss’ Parasite and Cold Gin, both of which he wrote but were originally sung by Gene Simmons. “I’ve been singing Gold Gin and Parasite live for years, so they didn’t feel like a stretch,” Frehley says. “I liked the way Gene sang, so that’s why I asked him to do them in the first place. I didn’t change his phrasing – what would be the point?”

Curiously, Frehley even tackles the more obscure Kiss cut Rock and Roll Hell, from 1982’s Creatures in the Night, which he neither wrote nor performed on. “I wasn’t on that album,” he acknowledges. “One of the guys at the label came up with the idea of doing the song, and I thought it might be nice for fans to hear what it would’ve sounded like if I were on the record. That’s why I did the extended solo at the end, to give people a bit more of me there.”

The album also marks the first time Frehley and Paul Stanley have recorded together in almost 20 years – the vocalist turns in a robust guest spot on Free’s Fire and Water. “I called Paul and told him about the project, and he was very receptive,” Frehley reports. “Our only problem was figuring out which song to do. Originally, we were gonna do a Clapton song, and then we were gonna do a Who song. Then I came up with the idea of doing Fire and Water, and Paul liked that. We’re both huge fans of Free and Paul Rodgers.” “He pauses, then adds. “Paul sounds great on the track. I’m really thrilled at how it turned out.”

Ace Frehley’s Origins, Vol. 1, due out April 15, can be pre-ordered at iTunes and Amazon. Below, Frehley runs down his choices for five essential guitar records.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bopss_jimi-hendrix-experience-are-you-experienced-full-album_music
The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Are You Experienced (1967)

“It changed my life, no question about it. I used to walk around my high school with this album under my arm. It’s groundbreaking in so many ways – nobody played guitar like Hendrix.

“I was already playing the guitar for a few years, but when I heard Hendrix, it seemed so beyond everything else I was hearing at the time. He was doing something that was light years away from all of my other heroes. I used to slow down the record and try to figure out the solos. His use of effects, his composing, his phrasing – the guy was a once-in-a-lifetime talent.”

Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin (1968)

“I’ll never forget seeing Led Zeppelin’s first New York appearance. They were opening up for Iron Butterfly at the Fillmore East. It was one of those nights you always hear about: Zeppelin played their set and just killed the place. Iron Butterfly had to follow them. Half the audience walked out.

“I went out and got the debut record. I wasn’t really familiar with Page before then. I liked the Yardbirds, but I always thought of Jeff Beck with that band. So putting on Zeppelin was a huge experience. His riffs, his sounds and his solos – he was like the complete guitarist. I became a massive fan right away.”

The Who – My Generation (1965)

“What a great record. Fabulous songs. Pete Townshend wasn’t a big lead guy, but he knew how to work chords. I learned a lot about my chord technique from studying Who songs. Pete Townshend can play the same chord on 20 positions on the next. He’s a wizard.

“I love their harmonies and the way they arranged their songs. The Who were a really smart band. Nobody played like Keith Moon – he didn’t use a hi-hat. But it was all focused around Townshend’s guitar. He had something pretty strong in his hands.”

Cream – Fresh Cream (1966)

“This is the record I discovered Clapton on. Actually, I saw Cream. I was at their first New York appearance when they were opening up for Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. I had no idea what I was going to see, but I was blown away. Come to think of it, the Who were on the same bill. Those were great days.

“I love the Fresh Cream record. Clapton is such a beautifully unique rock-blues guitarist. I’ve studied everything he’s done, from Cream to Blind Faith to Derek and the Dominos and then the solo stuff. He’s one of those guys who has something so singular – you know it’s him, the second he plays a note. I definitely tried to take as much as I could from Clapton.”

The Rolling Stones – Satisfaction (1965)

“It’s a toss-up between the Beatles and the Stones – I love ‘em both – but I’ll have to go with the Stones because they were the bad boys. Picking a single album is hard, so I’ll just go with the first song of theirs that really jumped out at me – Satisfaction.

“I remember walking around the Bronx and hearing it on the radio. It was an incredible time. It seemed as if the song was everywhere. You’d hear it coming from windows, from car radios as people drove by. You just couldn’t escape Satisfaction during the summer of ’65.

“Guitar-wise, there’s that incredible riff, one of the greatest three-note patterns ever. It’s so simple that you can’t believe no one thought of it before. It wouldn’t be the song it is without that riff. It sounded amazing coming through those little transistor radios. I went out and bought a fuzz box – I had to try to get that sound myself.”

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 10:37

Legendary Guitarist Ace Frehley Debuts “Fire and Water” Featuring Paul Stanley

Posted on14 April 2016.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Ace-fr16

Undisputed rock legend ACE FREHLEY has debuted a final song today from his forthcoming covers LP due out later this month. Rollingstone.com is exclusively debuting “Fire and Water,” the first recording of Frehley and KISS frontman Paul Stanley in nearly two decades.

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer ACE FREHLEY will release Origins Vol. 1, a collection of 12 newly recorded classics from Ace’s formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, tomorrow, April 15, 2016. This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS’ 1998 reunion album Psycho Circus.

Ace spoke with Rolling Stone about the new record, his guest players and recording with Paul after all these years. Rolling Stone writes: Regarding his reunion with Stanley, Frehley shrugs off any residual tension between the two of them. “We’ve always been friends,” he says. “The press seems to amplify negativity. I guess it makes good copy.”

Rolling Stone debuted “White Room,” a few weeks ago, the classic hit originally performed by Cream. Other guests are none other than Slash trading leads on Thin Lizzy’s classic “Emerald,” Lita Ford singing and playing lead on The Troggs staple “Wild Thing,” Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition “Parasite” for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix’s “Spanish Castle Magic,” and Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS “Alive!” mainstay “Cold Gin.” “White Room” is also an iTunes instant gratification track, meaning fans who pre order the LP on iTunes will receive the Cream cover song instantly.

Origins Vol. 1 is the the follow up to Space Invader, released in 2014. Space Invader was Frehley’s first studio album in five years, and the LP debuted at #9 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart, scoring the highest charting position of any KISS solo album ever, and marked Frehley’s first return to the Top 10 since KISS’ aforementioned 1998’s Psycho Circus in 1998.

Space Invader, received high praise from critics.  Rolling Stone wrote, “Gene Simmons has claimed Ace Frehley doesn’t deserve to wear Kiss’ Kabuki clown paint, but the former Spaceman’s first solo LP in five years says otherwise,” while Associated Press hailed, “The original Kiss lead guitarist has recorded his best solo album since his groundbreaking self-titled album in 1978.” Paste Magazine also confirmed, “Space Invader is a good rock album, and it’s an even better guitar record.”
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 10:43

Ace Frehley, ‘Origins Vol. 1′: Album Review

By Matthew Wilkening April 14, 2016 1:10 PM

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Origin10
Less than two years after the release of his last album, Ace Frehley is back with Origins Vol. 1, a collection of cover songs that influenced the former Kiss guitarist.

During a recent interview with Eddie Trunk, Frehley admitted that Origins was his new record label’s idea – originally a backup plan in case Frehley was unable to finish 2014’s Space Invader in time to capitalize on Kiss’ induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that year. But he did complete that (largely excellent) record on schedule, so now we get an unexpectedly fast return to the record shelves for the normally non-prolific Spaceman.

The album’s concept dates back to the surprise success of Frehley’s 1978 cover of Hello’s “New York Groove.” Since then, a cover song has appeared on each and every one of Frehley’s records, and a full-on project like this was inevitable.

Luckily, the performances and parade of guest stars make it all go down pretty easily. Origins probably shouldn’t be anybody’s introduction to Frehley, and the somewhat predictable song selection doesn’t offer a whole lot in terms of insight into his own music. But hearing the recently re-energized guitarist trade solos and vocals with Slash, John 5 and former Kiss bandmate Paul Stanley on classic songs by Thin Lizzy, Jimi Hendrix and Free is certainly enjoyable.

For the most part, Frehley’s choice in covers match up well with his playing style. He knocks Willie Dixon (by way of Led Zeppelin)’s “Bring It on Home” out of the park, and the borderline metallic take on Thin Lizzy’s “Emerald” is almost as good, partially thanks to that extended duel with Slash.

But he sounds a bit out of his depth vocally a few times, particularly on the Rolling Stones‘ “Street Fighting Man,” which would have benefited greatly from more of the textures and acoustic accents Frehley displayed on the best parts of Space Invader. You also wish he would have dug a bit deeper into his record collection occasionally. Do we really need another version of “Wild Thing?” But then again, two songs later, another well-worn chestnut, Steppenwolf’s “Magic Carpet Ride,” proves to be the perfect vehicle for his spacey delivery.

Origins also provides Frehley the chance to reclaim songs that he wrote for Kiss but wasn’t confident enough to sing back in the day. As anybody who’s seen him perform live in recent years can attest, the versions of “Cold Gin” and “Parasite” here are highlights. (Presumably, his current live band’s great take on “Strange Ways” will have to wait for Origins Vol. 2.) The surprise inclusion of “Rock and Roll Hell,” a Kiss song from 1982’s Creatures of the Night – a record Frehley did not perform on or help write – makes you wonder if that already beloved album could have somehow been even better if he was involved.

But the main thing we learn from the inclusion of the two Frehley-penned Kiss tracks is how much better Frehley’s unconventional singing and playing style works when paired with his own equally idiosyncratic songwriting. Which is why, as fun as much of Origins Vol. 1 is in the moment, it’s much more exciting to hear he’s already at work on the true studio follow-up to Space Invader than to ponder what might appear on Vol. 2.

Read More: Ace Frehley, 'Origins Vol. 1': Album Review | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ace-frehley-origins-review/?trackback=tsmclip
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 10:47

Kiss: Ace Frehley und Paul Stanley streamen 'Fire And Water'

Ace Frehley - "Origins Vol. 1"

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Ace_fr12
Macht auf "Origins Vol. 1" gemeinsame Sache mit Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley

Ex-KISS-Gitarrist Ace Frehley veröffentlicht am 26. April sein Cover-Album "Origins Vol. 1", für das der Musiker zum ersten Mal seit 1998 wieder mit KISS-Fronter Paul Stanley zusammenarbeitete. Den gemeinsamen Song 'Fire And Water', ein Cover des FREE-Tracks von 1970, könnt ihr euch unten im Stream genehmigen.

Über die erneute Kollaboration mit Frehley berichtet Stanley in der Radioshow "Morning Crash" auf KBAD 94.5: "Ace wollte ein Album mit Coversongs aufnehmen, mit Songs die ihn beeinflussten und die er liebt, und er rief mich an. Seht mal, trotz all der Frotzeleien und der Sachen, die wir vielleicht übereinander sagen, blicken wir zurück auf eine magische gemeinsame Zeit. Wir haben das zusammen angefangen. Also ganz egal, was wir vielleicht gelegentlich sagen, und egal, ob mal was in die Luft fliegt, wir sind trotzdem eine Familie. Vielleicht eine Problemfamilie, aber immer noch eine Familie. Ace fragte also: 'Willst du etwas auf meinem Album machen?', und ich sagte: 'Klar. Natürlich.'"
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 10:57

Ace Frehley Setlist at The Paramount, Huntington, NY, USA

Apr 13 2016
Tour: 2016 U.S. Tour

1. Rip It Out
2. Toys
3. Rocket Ride
4. Parasite
5. Love Gun
6. Snowblind
7. Sister
8. Emerald
9. Rock Soldiers
10. Bass Solo
11. Strange Ways
12. New York Groove
13. 2 Young 2 Die
14. Shock Me
15. Cold Gin
Encore:
16. Detroit Rock City
17. Deuce

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 11:00

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

Ace Frehley live at The Paramount (Huntington, NY)... 4-13-16
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 11:12

ACE FREHLEY And PAUL STANLEY Shoot “Fire And Water” Video; Special Report On New Three Sides Of The Coin Podcast

April 14, 2016, 18 hours ago

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 570fad10

The special edition of the Three Sides Of The Coin podcast streaming below features an exclusive, first hand report by photographer Jay Gilbert from the filming of the Ace Frehley music video for “Fire And Water”.

“This video featured Paul Stanley performing on stage with Ace. Jay was the only photographer at the video and has shared with us many of his exclusive photos from the filming. You won't get this insiders report or these photos anywhere else!”

Ace Frehley will release Origins Vol. 1, a collection of 12 newly recorded classics from his formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, tomorrow, April 15th. Paul and Ace’s collaboration on the Free's hit "Fire And Water” marks the first time that the former KISS bandmates appear on the same studio recording since KISS' 1998 reunion album Psycho Circus. Listen to “Fire And Water” below:

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Logo-210

Other guests include Lita Ford singing and playing lead on The Troggs staple "Wild Thing”, Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition "Parasite" for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic”, and Pearl Jam's Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS Alive! mainstay "Cold Gin”. "White Room" is also an iTunes instant gratification track, meaning fans who pre-order the LP on iTunes will receive the Cream cover song instantly.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Acealb10

Tracklisting:

"White Room" (Cream)
"Street Fighting Man" (Rolling Stones)
"Spanish Castle Magic" feat. John 5 (Jimi Hendrix)
"Fire And Water" feat. Paul Stanley (Free)
"Emerald" feat. Slash (Thin Lizzy)
"Bring It On Home" (Led Zeppelin)
"Wild Thing" feat. Lita Ford (The Troggs)
"Parasite" feat. John 5 (KISS)
"Magic Carpet Ride" (Steppenwolf)
"Cold Gin" feat. Mike McCready (KISS)
"Till The End Of The Day" (Kinks)
"Rock and Roll Hell" (KISS)

Upcoming Ace Frehley tour dates are listed below. Ace is joined on the road by Richie Scarlet (rhythm, guitar and vocal duties), Chris Wyse on bass and vocals (The Cult), Scott Coogan on drums (Nikki Sixx’s Brides of Destruction).

Tour dates:

April
15 - Wilkes Barre, PA - The F.M. Kirby Center
16 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance

Click here for all ticket info. Additional dates to be announced.

In the YouTube clip below, Frehley chats with Elliot In The Morning about his upcoming album, Origins, Vol. 1, his next book, his relationship with Gibson, and more.

Talking about his next book, the follow-up to 2011’s No Regrets: A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir, Ace reveals: “I’ve got a couple of chapters written and I have several notes for other chapters that are gonna be included, so I'm thinking hopefully getting it finished by the end of this year and out next year."

He continues: “Everybody does have an Ace story, in most cases, and it's actually good for me, because my memory isn't what it used to be.”

Listen to the interview below:

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 11:29

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

Ace Frehley has released his cover of Free's "Fire and Water," his first recording with Paul Stanley on vocals in nearly two decades.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Avr - 11:32

Ajoutée le 14 avr. 2016

Origins, Vol. 1 is an upcoming covers album by American guitarist Ace Frehley, due to be released on April 15, 2016.[1] The album will feature guest appearances from Slash, Lita Ford, John 5, Mike McCready, and Frehley's former Kiss bandmate Paul Stanley. The album was announced on February 11, 2016.
Contenu sponsoriséAce Frehley News ! - Page 27 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Ace Frehley News !
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 27 sur 40Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Suivant