Kiss France forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go /1 To
1099.99 € 1999.99 €
Voir le deal

Partagez

Ace Frehley News !

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Suivant
AuteurMessage
phiphiMonsterMessages : 11546
Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 14 Mar - 13:43

Did'yeah a écrit:
Merci phiphi d'alimenter les news Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 1282095539

Very Happy

Merci Did, mais cette contribution est normale.

J'essaye de participer à faire vivre ce forum en diffusant les infos que je trouve sur le Web...

Dommage qu'il n'y ait pratiquement jamais de nouvelles en français...

En revanche, en terme de photos et de vidéo sur You tube, on est quand même gâté ! Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 3469514044
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
phiphiphiphiMonsterMessages : 11546
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 14 Mar - 20:25

ACE FREHLEY In Tempe, AZ With Photos!

By CrpnDeth, Staff Photographer/Writer
Monday, March 14, 2016 @ 9:12 AM

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Acefre18

Straight from another planet and dropped off by a UFO, ACE FREHLEY landed at the Marquee Theater in Tempe, Arizona to a packed house of new and old school fans. The crowd was amp'd for the original KISS guitarist, and at times that enthusiasm was deafening.

Hitting the stage with two off ofSpace Invader - "Toys" and "Gimme a Feelin", the band was extremely solid and energetic. When "Rocket Ride", "Parasite" and "Love Gun" came up next, the crowd erupted.

Throughout the entire set, Ace showed no signs of aging or lost humor. It was a fun, light set that showcased the musicianship of each member, notably the energy of guitarist Richie Scarlet and how well he and Ace got the crowd going. Lead vocals for "Love Gun" we handled by drummer Scott Coogan and honestly, showed just how much Paul Stanley isn't doing the song justice anymore.

I think one thing the crowd really got off on was that like throughout his solo career, Ace was never that comfortable being in front, he's more in to the songs and music and that's where he shines. He couldn't care less about which side of the venue can scream the loudest, he's there to rock. Quick note, even found Eric AK from FLOTSAM & JETSAM in attendance. If you get a chance to check out the show, treat yourself! You can't argue with a great night of rock and roll with the legend:

Apr 1, 2016 - Ponte Vedra, FL - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
Apr 2, 2016 - Clearwater, FL - Capitol Theatre - FL
Apr 3, 2016 - Sunrise, FL - Markham Park - Rockfest 80's
Apr 5, 2016 - Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
Apr 7, 2016 - Danville, VA - Carrington Pavillion
Apr 8, 2016 - Coming Soon
Apr 9, 2016 - New Hope, PA - Havana New Hope
Apr 11, 2016 - New York, NY - B.B. King Blues Club
Apr 12, 2016 - New York, NY - B.B. King Blues Club
Apr 13, 2016 - Huntington, NY - The Paramount
Apr 15, 2016 - Wilkes Barre, PA - The F.M. Kirby Center
Apr 16, 2016 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance

Set List

"Toys"
   "Gimme a Feelin"
   "Rocket Ride"
   "Parasite"
   "Love Gun"
   "Snowblind"
   "Sister"
   "Emerald"
   "Rock Soldiers"
   "Strange Ways"
   "NY Groove"
   "2 Young 2 Die
   "Shock Me"
   "Rip It Out"
   "Detroit Rock City"
   "Deuce"
   "Cold Gin"

Check out a few photos from the show!
All Photos By CrpnDeth Photography LLC

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Af410

- See more at: http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=19075#sthash.aeSmKKci.dpuf
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 14 Mar - 20:27

Photos contenues dans l'article du concert du 02 mars 2016 à Tempe en Arizona :

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Af110

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Af210

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 14 Mar - 20:28

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Af310

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Af510
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 14 Mar - 20:29

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Af610

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Af710
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMar 15 Mar - 12:43

Ace Frehley “Origins Vol. 1” out 4/15/16

Posted on March 14, 2016 by Brandon Delano in News

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Acefre19

AceFrehley_OriginsCover_5x5_300dpi

Except for the fact that he was born in outer space, as a kid Ace Frehley was just like you and me. He brought his well-worn copy of Are You Experienced? into high school, staring at the cover over and over, looking for secret clues and waiting for his next chance to hear it again.

Of course  – and this is where he’s different from most of us – this curiosity would soon spur Frehley into using his talent, drive and charisma to become one of the most influential and beloved guitar players in rock history.

Ace’s work as lead guitarist and as a songwriter for Kiss helped turn the band into one of rock’s hottest phenomena, with a string of hit albums, sold-out shows (and yes, merchandise sales) rarely matched in rock history. His acclaimed, smash hit 1978 self-titled solo album demonstrated that he could comfortably stand in the spotlight alone, and his long, distinguished and slightly idiosyncratic post-Kiss career has proven that to be true.

Over the past couple of decades, a parade of guitar heroes from newer generations – including Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready, Slash, Anthrax’s Scott Ian and late Pantera legend Dimebag Darrell (who went so far as to have Ace’s face tattooed on his chest) have testified to the influence Frehley had on their own work. Ever noticed whose famous lightning bolt guitar strap Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes is always wearing on stage?

Perhaps more importantly, Frehley has remained a true individual, ignoring the trend-chasing, reality show nonsense and profit-maximizing traps many of his peers have fallen into. Instead, he’s operated on his own unique, comet-like timetable and released acclaimed solo albums such as 1989’s Trouble Walkin’, 2009’s Anomaly and 2014’s Space Invader only when sufficient inspiration struck. As a result, his fans have remained extremely loyal, helping Ace achieve the best-selling solo career of any Kiss veteran.

Now, fresh off the critical and fan praise for Space Invader and its supporting tour, a clearly energized Frehley has returned to Earth orbit a lot sooner than usual with a new record entitled Origins Vol. 1. It pays tribute to Hendrix and the other legendary artists who inspired him to begin his own musical journey with powerful, energetic covers of songs like Jimi’s “Spanish Castle Magic” and Led Zeppelin’s “Bring it on Home.”

The cover of Origins Vol. 1 prominently displays many famous landmarks of the New York City skyline (surrounded by UFOs, of course), a fitting tribute to the place where Frehley’s incredible life story began. He grew up in a rough section of the Bronx. Despite demonstrating early aptitudes in everything from academics to art to athletics, Ace quickly realized that music, not school or running with the “greaser gangs” in his neighborhood, would be his ticket to a better life.

“Instead of hanging out at the corner candy store, looking for trouble, I was rehearsing with my band,” Frehley explains in Kiss: Behind the Mask. “Of my friends from those days, a couple of ’em straightened out, but a lot of them are dead now. If it wasn’t for music, it’s a pretty good chance something bad would have happened to me.”

His path became even more clear after Frehley attended his first-ever rock show, with the Who and Cream opening for Mitch Ryder at the RKO theater. “I’d never seen anything like that. It was a big turning point. After the concert, I decided I wanted to be a professional rock musician, and nothing was going to stop me.”

From then on, Ace kept busy honing his skills and trying to find the right combination of bandmates to help him break through. “All I wanted was a chance to keep playing, and to improve, and to stand up there in front of as many people as possible,” he recalls in his 2011 autobiography No Regrets – A Rock and Roll Memoir.

Schoolwork was pushed farther and farther back in Ace’s lists of priorities, until eventually he dropped out just a few credits shy of graduation. But it’s not like he wasn’t getting a valuable education. “Townshend, Page, Clapton, and Hendrix – I had some of the best teachers in the world. I like to say that I never took a guitar lesson, but really that’s not quite accurate. By studying their work and emulating their actions, I became the guitar player I am today. If you love playing, you figure it out on your own. You study, and you practice until your fingers bleed.”

It was also around this time that Ace (born Paul Daniel Frehley, April 27, 1951) earned his now ubiquitous nickname. It happened because of his ability to break the ice with members of the opposite sex, not just for himself but also for his shy friends. “All you need is that one little icebreaker. But most guys are too scared to even give it a shot,” recalls Frehley. “‘You know, you are such an ace, man,’ one of them said one night, after I’d introduced him to a girl he’d been lusting after… that was it. The nickname stuck.”

While finding romantic companionship was easy, Ace would struggle for years to find the right band to help make his dreams come true, eventually going back to night school to complete his degree and work a series of jobs such as delivering furniture, driving cabs or even serving as a mailman to support his music career. “I lasted about six months, which is the average time I held a job,” he laughingly recalls.

Everything began to change when Ace saw an ad in the December 17, 1972 edition of the Village Voice: “LEAD GUITARIST WANTED With Flash and Ability. Album Out Shortly. No time wasters please. Paul.”

Although he’d seen hundreds of comparable ads before, this one intrigued Frehley. “I figured, f—, I have flash, and I sure as hell have ability.” Short on cash at the time, he got his mother to drive him and his gear to the audition. Upon arriving, Ace was struck with an unusual case of the jitters, “almost like I sensed there was something important about this one.” Of course, the band waiting upstairs was the other ¾ of the original Kiss, and after impressing them at the initial audition, Ace was offered the lead guitarist job at a second jam session two weeks later.

Years of hard work followed, with Ace and his bandmates developing their unique and highly theatrical stage show, including their famous facial makeup. Frehley, always an excellent art student, not only helped his bandmates refine their individual looks, but also designed the group’s famous logo.

Kiss developed a reputation for combining great music with a one-of-a-kind stage show, distinguished themselves from the other bands in the New York club scene, and secured a much-coveted record deal. Then they criss-crossed the country over and over, blowing the doors off any band brave or foolish enough to share the stage with them.

They also kept quite busy in the studio, releasing their first three albums in a span of just 13 months. Frehley wrote or co-wrote a handful of the band’s most important songs during this era – including “Cold Gin” and “Parasite.” But he shied away from the microphone at first. “I wasn’t ready for it at the time. I was insecure about my singing voice.”

Ace’s dazzling guitar work on the band’s 1975 double-live commercial breakthrough Alive!, and his increasingly sophisticated playing on the studio follow-up Destroyer helped Kiss become a household name, filling arenas all over the world and selling millions upon millions of records. Eventually, he got the courage up to tackle his first lead vocal, which he remembers recording “lying on my back, with the lights down in the studio.”

The resulting track, “Shock Me” from 1978’s Love Gun, which was based on a real-life near-death experience on stage, became an in-demand concert highlight and gave him the confidence to take on more vocal duties. “After that it was like, ‘all right, I’ll sing more now.’ And the next thing you know, I’m leaving the band and I’ve got a solo project happening.”

Admittedly, he’s skipping ahead a bit there, past that incredible 1978 solo album, which sent his cover of “New York Groove” into the Top 20 and surprised many by outselling his bandmates’ own concurrently released solo efforts. This creative and commercial success made it clear that Frehley deserved an increased share of the songwriting duties in Kiss.

The resulting tensions over the band’s creative direction, combined with Ace’s addiction battles, caused Frehley to leave the group in the early ’80s. He essentially disappeared for five years before reemerging to begin his solo career with 1987’s highly rated Frehley’s Comet, the self-titled debut from his new band.

A second Frehley’s Comet album, 1988’s Second Sighting, a live EP and countless tour dates followed over the next two years. Frehley then established himself as truly independent force and gave his fans the uncut Ace experience they craved with the release of his second purely solo album, 1989’s hard-hitting Trouble Walkin’.

A few years later, he rejoined Kiss for a record-breaking year-long reunion tour that led to a reunion album (1998’s Psycho Circus, featuring Frehley’s excellent “Into the Void”) and two more successful treks around the globe.

Then just like that, Frehley walked away again in 2000, choosing to follow his own internal sense of direction. He took his longest-ever break from the music business, taking the time to completely conquer his drinking problems. “I don’t miss the hangovers, I don’t miss the smells, the late nights at the bars, or the people,” he declared in a 2014 Guitar World interview. He re-emerged with newfound clarity and a renewed focus on his solo career. Two of his best albums to date – 2009’s Anomaly and 2014’s Space Invader (which became the only Kiss-related solo album to ever crack the Top 10 on Billboard’s Top 200 albums chart) followed, as well as the no-holds barred New York Times best-selling 2011 autobiography No Regrets.

In 2014 Frehley was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame alongside his former Kiss bandmates. Although there has been some natural tension between the two camps over the years Ace insists, “We’ve always been friends. The press seems to amplify negativity. I guess it makes good copy.” To that end, he invited Paul Stanley to sing on one of his new album’s many highlights, a cover of Free’s “Fire and Water.” Frehley explained, “He jumped at the chance to do this because it’s something that’s outside of Kiss and his character in Kiss, and it gave him a chance to, you know, sing.”

Elsewhere on Origins Vol. 1, Ace reclaims “Cold Gin” and “Parasite” from the Kiss catalog by singing the lead vocals on both for the first time ever. He also teams up with McCready, Slash, Lita Ford and Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 on supercharged covers of Thin Lizzy’s “Emerald” and the Troggs’ “Wild Thing.”

“I’m really thrilled with the whole thing,” says Frehley, who indicates a second Origins volume could be headed our way sometime in the future. “I’m excited about it, and I think there’s a song on here for everyone.”
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMer 16 Mar - 14:53

Plus d'une heure du concert du 28 février 2016 à Dallas !
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMer 16 Mar - 21:09

Ace Frehley torna con un nuovo album

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace-fr11

Ace Frehley: ecco le novità

Novità in casa Frehley. Il buon Ace è sempre in movimento e, quando non ha grandi cose da dire ai suoi fans, quando la penna per scrivere un testo o la penna – più precisamente, plettro – si rifiuta di mettere in vibrazione le corde della Les Paul, be’, niente paura: si può sempre incidere delle cover. Magari, di quelle canzoni che lo hanno spinto, da ragazzino, a imbracciare una chitarra per imitare, per l’appunto, quei cantanti e strumentisti che ascoltava in radio e che riscuotevano un successo strepitoso. Lo stesso successo che poi, nel 1972, Ace e i compagni di band acchiapperanno al laccio.

Ovviamente, non è nemmeno il caso di nominarlo il nome del gruppo che portò fortuna a The Spaceman. O, magari, sì.  Loro sono i Kiss e, tutt’ora, risultano essere la circus/rock band più capace e inimitabile al mondo. Anche perché, il trucco delle maschere che nascondono – ispirato al teatro Kabuki – è di difficile clonazione: fare al giorno d’oggi una band alla Kiss sarebbe del tutto tempo perso. Sì, in giro ci sono band che usano marchingegni facciali, tuttavia, sono solo degli oggetti da scena. Frehley e compagni invece per i fans erano e sono, gli attuali Kiss,  personaggi anche quando i riflettori si sono spenti e i roadies sono al McDonalds’s davanti a un hamburger.

Quindi e passando al nuovo impegno del Nostro, si possono fare alcuni nomi e cognomi i quali, alcuni e probabilmente, non sono conosciutissimi da tutti. Di sicuro avranno un posto nella storia del rock e nel cuore dei fan più appassionati. Si può iniziare con l’ottimo Mike McCready dei Pearl Jam. Poi, si da spazio a Lita Ford, una chitarrista di razza sempre comunque poco citata ma con uno stile al fulmicotone. Tocca poi a, quindi, John 5. Quest’ultimo, presentato semplicemente così può non riscuotere grande attenzione, tuttavia la cosa muta decisamente se gli si associa Marilyn Manson e Rob Zombie (suo attuale ‘datore di lavoro’). Ospite al canto è presente anche il batterista della band personale di Ace Frehley, Scott Coogan.

Il piatto forte degli ospiti prevede, a questo punto, Slash e Paul. Si da per scontato che, per loro due, non vale ricordare le collaborazioni eccellenti che possano aver fatto in passato – e ne han fatte – visto che sono già loro leggende viventi dell’esagitato universo rock. A proposito di Slash, Ace ha ricordato quanto sia stato laborioso il lavoro d’incisione. Infatti, i due chitarristi hanno inciso in contemporanea e live, una miriade di parti strumentali destinate alla canzone “Emerald”. I risultati, in termini numerici, sono stati 15 take e 3 giorni di lavoro per scegliere le parti più valide da inserire, per l’appunto, in “Emerald”. Secondo Ace, che per il progetto di questo Cd è apparso particolarmente entusiasta, i risultati sono stati favolosi.

Il Paul di qualche parola fa, va da se, è Paul Stanley, deus ex machina insieme a Gene Simmons dell’avventura Kiss. Ace ha contattato il suo vecchio sodale di band per la cover di “Fire & Water”. Il motivo principale della richiesta di partecipazione, così ha spiegato, è stata la comune passione, di Ace e di Paul, per i Free. Starchild – il nom de guerre di Paul Stanley nell’entourage Kiss – ha accettato con entusiasmo. Ace ha avuto parole di ammirazione per Paul. Infatti e dimostrando una serietà rara, a stretto giro, quest’ultimo gli ha fatto ritornare indietro la base del brano con la voce pronta per la pubblicazione, insomma, buona la prima. Ace Frehley e in riguardo alla prova cantata di Stanley ha detto: “Tra l’altro questo brano offre a Paul la possibilità di cantare su di un registro più basso, caldo e profondo, una novità rispetto a come siamo abituati a sentirlo con i Kiss”.

Oltre ai già citati Free, alcuni altri nomi che hanno fornito materiale sonoro per i remake di Ace sono Cream, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, etc. Il titolo del disco di Frehley è “Origins Vol. 1” e sarà pubblicato il 15 aprile 2016. Vale la pena ricordare che, oltre alle canzoni dei big citati poc’anzi, in  “Origins Vol. 1” c’è pure un omaggio, non poteva mancare, ai Kiss.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 18 Mar - 13:41

Ace Frehley – Origins Vol. 1 (Album Review)

Posted on March 17, 2016 by Bakko

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Acefre20
acefrehleyorigins1cd

There have been some instances where the cover version of a song was more memorable than the original. Hendrix doing Bob Dylan’s “All Along The Watchtower”, Quiet Riot’s version of the Slade song “Cum on Feel The Noize” and of course who can forget Kanye’s killer version of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”. Ok, maybe that’s memorable for a different reason. But even Ace’s version of the Rolling Stones “2,000 Man” is one of the great covers in Rock N Roll. Those are exceptions. Covers are typically uninspired and quickly forgotten space fillers. And entire albums of covers are the musical equivalent to toilet paper. Use once and flush.

As much as I love Ace Frehley he’s never been a particularly ambitious musician. When I heard he was doing an album of covers I worried his past success with “New York Groove” and the previously mentioned “2,000 Man” may give him a distorted view on the purposefulness of him doing a whole record of covers. And I while I doubt he’d admit it, it’s a lot easier than writing new music. Still I must confess when I saw the track list I was intrigued. While I largely have disdain for covers, I have nothing but love for Ace. And he’s got a pretty respectable track record with covers so I’m holding out hope he can deliver. It’s officialy the battle of my hate for covers vs. my adoration for Ace. Who’s going to win?

“White Room”. The classic Cream song shows Ace splitting lead vocals with Scot Coogan which pretty much means this will soon be a staple in his set list. I’m not the biggest Cream fan and I don’t like this song. Gun to head I like this version better. Needless to say, this wasn’t one of the tracks I looked forward to. The guitar work is pretty much spot on with the original which works here. Plus the recording sounds much cleaner than Space Invader. Which is encouraging for the opening track.

“Street Fighting Man”. Well, “2,000 Man” worked right? Pretty sure that was at least, part of the thought process that lead to this selection. I like the original. This sounds like it may have been fun for Ace but I don’t think I’ll be looking forward to hearing it again. Sorry Ace. 0 for 2 so far.

“Spanish Castle Magic”. This one should be interesting. Ace has always copped to having been influenced by Hendrix and I always thought they had similar singing styles. So vocals shouldn’t be a hurdle. But the guitars on this song are no slouch. Ace nails it. My boy can play. The only part I didn’t like was the solo. When it comes to leads it seems Ace has run out anything fresh. While the diehards will probably love it because it sounds like Ace, in reality, it sounds like Ace chopping out parts of 5 other Ace solos. It’s not cohesive. But honestly, it’s a blip. The track is quite good.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace-510
Ace at Grand Rocktember Music Festival 2015 – photo by Bakko

“Fire And Water”. When word of this record was made official this was the track that got the KISS Army all aflutter. Ace and Paul back together! While that may seem tantalizing Paul’s appearance on here really just means Ace knows someone who knows how to use dropbox. It’s a fairly cool and little-known song by Free. And with all the talk about Paul’s voice the last few tours, I was eager to hear how he sounds. Good news. He sounds great. And it’s the best track so far.

“Emerald”. A lesser known Thin Lizzy song. Another artist that seems right in Ace’s vocal comfort zone. Ace trades leads with Slash on this track. It bores me. There’s actually part of the solo from “Rip It Out” on here. The whole song sounds sloppy and hackneyed. Next.

“Bring It On Home.” I wasn’t surprised to see Zeppelin represented, but when I saw what song, it was another ‘oh boy’ moment. Not sure this was a good choice. The intro is pretty cool. The vocal at the beginning may be the first example here of Ace making a song his own. Obviously, he’s not going to approach anything close to 1969 Robert Plant. Maybe that should be his method when picking songs to cover. Once the song kicks in lead vocals are handled by Ray Brandis. Who’s a fine singer I’ve never heard of and a google search didn’t help. And I’m not buying an Ace Frehley album to hear Ray Brandis sing.

“Wild Thing”. I’m guessing after learning “Spanish Castle Magic” Ace needed a break as you don’t get more mundane guitar work than this song. And Lita Ford doesn’t make it better. Whatever.

“Parasite”. John 5 joins Ace on this KISS classic. It’s pretty damn beefy. Listening to it I almost wish he would’ve done “Strange Ways” instead but this is pretty cool. Especially with the extended solo with John 5. One of Ace’s better vocal tracks on here as well. KISS fans will dig it.

“Magic Carpet Ride.” Did Steppenwolf have more than two songs? The intro nonsense sucks but once the song kicks in this ain’t bad. Again it’s almost like Ace was forced to sing it making it sound like a truer rendition. And the best solo to this point. Fits the song and flows all while sounding like Ace. I knew you could do it, Spaceman.

“Cold Gin”. Why?

“Till The End Of The Day”. I’m not exactly a Kinks historian so I don’t know that I’ve heard the original. But I like Ace’s version. Another strong vocal performance. I’m not sure I like the song that much but it’s not bad. I prefer deep tracks over AOR staples so I’m going to rubber stamp this one.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace-1010
Ace at Grand Rocktember Music Festival 2015 – photo by Bakko

“Rock And Roll Hell”. While fans got their collective half chubs at the idea of Ace working with Paul again, it was when I saw this on the track listing for Origins Vol. 1 that caught my eye. All the speculation about whether Ace played a note on Creatures of the Night or not. Plus it’s fairly well-cemented status in the obscure category got the blood flowing to my extremities. What a cool choice for so many reasons. It’s a song from his old band from after his involvement. No one outside the KISS Army knows it. He really seems to gain nothing from doing it. Almost like he just likes the song. But it sucks. I never want to hear this again. I find myself missing the original.

I’m not sure if Ace is slowing down as he gets older or if he just doesn’t have anyone willing to push him. And modern technology has made it so people don’t have to be in the same city to record together. I think it results in recordings that seem incoherent. Rock music is about emotion as much as technique. And you can’t connect on that level when you’re not in the same county.

I don’t see the end game here. I’d prefer to believe it’s not a cash grab but I’m probably wrong. Maybe Ace just felt like having some fun and making a little money at the same time. At this stage of his career he’s entitled. And it does sound like he’s having fun. While I know I’ll buy it once it comes out I don’t know that I’ll bother opening it. After listening to it there wasn’t one song I want to go back to. If you’re a completionist then you’ll need it. If you’re a diehard you’ll want to hear it. But if you enjoy music or the original versions of any of these songs, this record offers nothing more than morbid curiosity. Toss this on the pile of forgettable cover albums. Let’s hope there’s not a Vol. 2 coming soon.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 18 Mar - 14:01

Pour info dans l'article ci-dessus Ace se fait déchirer :
Juste la conclusion : "espérons qu'il n'y aura pas de volume 2".
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 18 Mar - 23:32

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeDim 20 Mar - 8:29

Ace Frehley Isn’t Ruling Out a Return to Kiss

By Dave Lifton March 19, 2016 4:52 PM

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace-fr12
Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty Images

Could Paul Stanley‘s involvement on Ace Frehley‘s upcoming album, Origins Vol. 1, signal Frehley’s return to Kiss? In a new interview, Frehley said he’s “not ruling it out.”

On the new episode of the “One on One With Mitch Lafaon” podcast, which you can listen to below, Frehley talked about how he was able to get his former band mate to contribute vocals on a cover of Free‘s “Fire and Water.” After Gene Simmons didn’t respind to his attempts to reach out, “I said to myself, ‘Let me give Paul a call.’ And I called Paul, and he picked up the phone right away, and I told him what I was doing, and he was very receptive from the very beginning about getting on the record. He said, ‘Oh, that’ll be fun.'”

After choosing Free’s song over the Who‘s “My Generation,” Stanley tracked his part. However, there was no reunion in the studio. “I didn’t actually see Paul,” he added, “’cause I was busy mixing and overdubbing, and he was very busy at the time, so we just forwarded him the basic tracks, and him and his engineer threw on the lead vocal, and while he was doing that, I was doing something else. And then we got it back, and I took it home with me and threw down the guitar solos. And it just kind of came together. It’s amazing how quickly and painlessly you can work these days with e-mails. You just fly stuff into Pro Tools and it pops up on the screen, and you’re good to go, as long as you know what you’re doing.”

Lafon then asked the natural follow-up question about whether this would start up a new batch of rumors about them working together again. Frehley shot down the notion, but with a condtion. “We haven’t discussed that at this point,” he said, “but I’m not ruling it out. I’ve always said that, you know, I always leave the door open […] There have been rumors and stuff, but there hasn’t been any talk of us getting back together. Right now it’s just the excitement of this record, and I’m very excited about ‘Fire And Water’. There’s a good chance that we’re gonna release that as a single, maybe. Paul’s really happy with the way it turned out, I’m very happy, the record company’s very happy, so we’re just moving forward in a positive way. And whatever happens in the future, it happens, or if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Origins Vol. 1 will be released on April 15.

Read More: Ace Frehley Isn't Ruling Out a Return to Kiss | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ace-frehley-kiss-reunion/?trackback=tsmclip
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeDim 20 Mar - 8:35

ACE FREHLEY On Reunion With KISS:' I'm Not Ruling It Out'

March 19, 2016 35 Comments

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Acefre21

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley was interviewed by rock journalist Mitch Lafon for a recent edition of the "One On One With Mitch Lafon" podcast (Facebook page). You can now listen to the chat using the Spreaker widget below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On getting KISS frontman Paul Stanley to sing on Ace cover version of FREE's hit "Fire And Water" for the upcoming "Origins Vol. 1" a collection:

Ace: "It was really, actually, rather easy. And I originally had been trying to get Gene [Simmons, KISS bassist/vocalist] on the record, and he never got back to me; I guess he was tied up with one thing or another. But, you know, I said to myself, 'Let me give Paul a call.' And I called Paul, and he picked up the phone right away, and I told him what I was doing, and he was very receptive from the very beginning about getting on the record. He said, 'Oh, that'll be fun.' And it took a while to figure out what song we were gonna track. It came down to two songs: we were either gonna do 'My Generation' by THE WHO or 'Fire And Water', and we both agreed 'Fire And Water' would be a better song. And we just tracked it. It all came together. I didn't actually see Paul, 'cause I was busy mixing and overdubbing, and he was very busy at the time, so we just forwarded him the basic tracks, and him and his engineer threw on the lead vocal, and while he was doing that, I was doing something else. And then we got it back, and I took it home with me and threw down the guitar solos. And it just kind of came together. It's amazing how quickly and painlessly you can work these days with e-mails. You just fly stuff into Pro Tools and it pops up on the screen, and you're good to go, as long as you know what you're doing."

On whether Paul's appearance on "Origins Vol. 1" opens up the possibility of Frehley rejoining KISS in the future:

Ace: "We haven't discussed that at this point, but I'm not ruling it out. I've always said that, you know, I always leave the door open. I know the fans have been… there have been rumors and stuff, but there hasn't been any talk of us getting back together. Right now it's just the excitement of this record, and I'm very excited about 'Fire And Water'. There's a good chance that we're gonna release that as a single, maybe. Paul's really happy with the way it turned out, I'm very happy, the record company's very happy, so we're just moving forward in a positive way. And whatever happens in the future, it happens, or if it doesn't, it doesn't."

On rejoining KISS for the "Kiss Unplugged" album in 1995 and the subsequent reunion tour:

Ace: "It was a little nerve-racking. We weren't sure how the fans were gonna receive it. I know there was a lot of excitement around the whole thing. But, you know, when we actually taped the show, the fans just went crazy when me and Peter [Criss, drums] walked out. It was just one of those moments in time where everything solidified, and Paul and Gene realized that they couldn't even put out the record that they had just recorded with Bruce [Kulick, guitar] and Eric [Singer, drums]; they had to scrap it and move forward with me and Peter, because the fans wouldn't have it any other way."

On the KISS reunion tour, which kicked off in 1996:

Ace: "It was a lot fun in the beginning, but as the years progressed, it got a little weird. Paul and Gene know how to push my buttons and Peter's buttons. Some of the things that we had talked about in the initial outset of the reunion tour… things started changing, the rules started changing, decisions were being made without consulting me, and I started feeling like I was a hired gun instead of part of the creative process, which is what I wanted. So when that started going down, I realized I had to move on with my own career and put KISS on the backburner, which is what happened."

On the making of KISS's 1998 album "Psycho Circus" on which Frehley and Criss were used only sparingly:

Ace: "It was my feeling… I felt it would have been a better album if me and Peter had played more on it… [Why that happened is] really a question you need to ask Paul and Gene, because they were the ones that made the decision. I was living in L.A. at the time — I had gotten an apartment — and they were calling the shots, which kind of rubbed me the wrong way. 'Cause initially I was an equal partner, and here I am kind of like a hired gun and not getting the respect I felt I deserved. And that was kind of the beginning of the end, I think. People make bad decisions, and there's repurcussions that are gonna take place."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehley-on-kiss-reunion-im-not-ruling-it-out/#e1flz7lKI2VmDxcS.99
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeDim 20 Mar - 14:46

Ace Frehley Not Ruling Out KISS Return

By Chad Childers March 20, 2016 8:23 AM

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace-fr13
eOne

The history of Ace Frehley with KISS has been well documented, as has founding KISS members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley‘s reluctance to stage another reunion with Frehley and drummer Peter Criss. But with Frehley recently landing Stanley for a guest appearance on his covers album, the inevitable reunion question came up again in a recent interview.

Speaking with One on One With Mitch Lafon, Frehley stated, “We haven’t discussed that at this point, but I’m not ruling it out. I’ve always said that, you know, I always leave the door open. I know the fans have been… there have been rumors and stuff, but there hasn’t been any talk of us getting back together.”

The guitarist says the real focus is on the excitement of the record and specifically how his collaboration with Stanley on a cover of Free’s “Fire and Water” turned out. “There’s a good chance that we’re gonna release that as a single, maybe,” says Frehley. “Paul’s really happy with the way it turned out, I’m very happy, the record company’s very happy, so we’re just moving forward in a positive way. And whatever happens in the future, it happens, or if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Frehley says he put out feelers to Gene Simmons to guest on the album as well but it didn’t pan out, but Stanley was receptive to the idea. “I called Paul, and he picked up the phone right away, and I told him what I was doing, and he was very receptive from the very beginning about getting on the record. He said, ‘Oh, that’ll be fun.’ And it took a while to figure out what song we were gonna track. It came down to two songs: we were either gonna do ‘My Generation’ by The Who or ‘Fire And Water’, and we both agreed ‘Fire And Water’ would be a better song. And we just tracked it. It all came together.”

Even though they both appear on the track, Frehley revealed that he didn’t actually see Stanley during recording, as he was busy with mixing and overdubs for the album. And after he got the vocal track that featured Stanley, he added the guitar solos independent of Stanley’s presence.

Look for Ace Frehley’s Origins, Vol. 1, which also features guest turns from Slash, Lita Ford and John 5, arriving on April 15. Pre-orders are being taken via Amazon and iTunes.

https://www.spreaker.com/embed/player/standard?episode_id=8029832&autoplay=false#

Read More: Ace Frehley Not Ruling Out KISS Return | http://loudwire.com/ace-frehley-not-ruling-out-kiss-return/?trackback=tsmclip
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeDim 20 Mar - 17:23

One On One With Mitch Lafon - ACE FREHLEY

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Oneono10

ACE FREHLEY joins Mitch on episode 204 of One On One With Mitch Lafon.

Link to Episode: http://www.spreaker.com/user/talkingmetal/1on1-mitch-lafon-204-ace-frehley-march-2

In the episode's only interview, former KISS guitarist discusses his latest album Origins Vol. 1, working with Paul Stanley, his upcoming 2016 tour plans, the 40th anniversary of KISS' landmark Destroyer album, the 20th anniversary of the pre-reunion MTV Unplugged album, Psycho Circus, the reunion tour and much more.

Quotes from the ACE FREHLEY interview:

Getting Paul Stanley on the album: "It was actually rather easy. I called Paul and he picked up the phone right away. I told him what I was doing and he was very receptive."

"I had originally tried to get Gene on the record, but he never got back to me."

On working with KISS again: "I'm not ruling it out. I always leave the door open. Right now, I'm just very excited about Fire And Water. Paul's really happy with the way it turned out. I'm very happy. So, we're just moving forward in a positive way and whatever happens in the future happens or if it doesn't - it doesn't."

The 1996 KISS - MTV Unplugged album: "It was a little nerve-racking. We weren't sure how the fans were going to receive it, but when we taped the show; the fans just went crazy when me and Peter walked out. It was just one of those moments in time where everything solidified."

"Paul and Gene realized that they had to move forward with me and Peter because the fans wouldn't have it any other way."

The Reunion Tour: "It was a lot of fun in the beginning, but as the years progressed it got a little weird."

"Paul and Gene know how to push my buttons and Peter's buttons."

The supposed reunion album, Psycho Circus: "I felt it would have been a better album if me and Peter had played more on it."
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeDim 20 Mar - 17:28

One On One with Mitch Lafon 204 Featuring Ace Frehley

March 18, 2016 | Posted in One On One | Comments Off

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 10399310
Ace in 2008. Photo by Mitch Lafon.

In the episode’s only interview, former KISS guitarist discusses his latest album Origins Vol. 1, working with Paul Stanley, his upcoming 2016 tour plans, the 40th anniversary of KISS’ landmark Destroyer album, the 20th anniversary of the pre-reunion MTV Unplugged album, Psycho Circus, the reunion tour and much more.

Getting Paul Stanley on the album: “It was actually rather easy. I called Paul and he picked up the phone right away. I told him what I was doing and he was very receptive.”

“I had originally tried to get Gene on the record, but he never got back to me.”

On working with KISS again: “I’m not ruling it out. I always leave the door open. Right now, I’m just very excited about Fire And Water. Paul’s really happy with the way it turned out. I’m very happy. So, we’re just moving forward in a positive way and whatever happens in the future happens or if it doesn’t – it doesn’t.”

The 1996 KISS – MTV Unplugged album: “It was a little nerve-racking. We weren’t sure how the fans were going to receive it, but when we taped the show; the fans just went crazy when me and Peter walked out. It was just one of those moments in time where everything solidified.”

“Paul and Gene realized that they had to move forward with me and Peter because the fans wouldn’t have it any other way.”

The Reunion Tour: “It was a lot of fun in the beginning, but as the years progressed it got a little weird.”

“Paul and Gene know how to push my buttons and Peter’s buttons.”

The supposed reunion album, Psycho Circus: “I felt it would have been a better album if me and Peter had played more on it.”

For more about ACE FREHLEY visit:
Online: http://www.acefrehley.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialacefrehley
TWITTER: @ace_frehley
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/62olK5zZHSgFUXGDykgBL8

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace-ep10
Ace Frehley and his Epiphone Budokan signature model Les Paul.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 21 Mar - 13:03

Ace Frehley won't rule out Kiss return

News / 20 hours ago / by Stef Lach

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 54555710

Guitarist enjoyed recent collaboration with Paul Stanley and says he keeps door open for possible reunion

Ace Frehley says he won't rule out a return to Kiss after his enjoyable recent collaboration with former bandmate Paul Stanley.

Stanley provided guest vocals on Frehley's cover version of Free hit Fire And Water for the guitarist's solo album Origins Vol. 1 – due out on April 15 via Entertainment One.

And Frehley says he'll never rule out the possibility of teaming up with Stanley and Gene Simmons in Kiss.

He tells One On One With Mitch Lafon: "We haven't discussed that at this point, but I'm not ruling it out. I always leave the door open. I know there have been rumours and stuff, but there hasn't been any talk of us getting back together.

"Right now it's just the excitement of this record, and I'm very excited about Fire And Water. There's a good chance that we're gonna release that as a single.

"Paul's really happy with the way it turned out, I'm very happy, the record company's very happy, so we're just moving forward in a positive way. And whatever happens in the future, it happens, or if it doesn't, it doesn't."

Frehley previously said he'd hoped to have Simmons guest on the album, which also features contributions from Pearl Jam's Mike McCready, Lita Ford, Slash and John 5.

Stanley said he wished Frehley nothing but the best with the album and said working with him was a "terrific" experience.

He continues his US tour in Florida on April 1.
Ace Frehley Remaining 2016 US Tour Dates

Apr 01: Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, FL
Apr 02: Clearwater Capitol Theatre, FL
Apr 03: Sunrise Rockfest 80s, FL
Apr 05: Atlanta Variety Playhouse, GA
Apr 07: Danville Carrington Pavilion, VA
Apr 09: New Hope Havana, PA
Apr 11: New York B.B. King’s Blues Club, NY
Apr 12: New York B.B. King’s Blues Club, NY
Apr 13: Huntington The Paramount, NY
Apr 15: Wilkes Barre The FM Kirby Center, PA
Apr 16: Poughkeepsie The Chance, NY
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 21 Mar - 19:03

Ace Frehley Rocks Time and Space in Beverly Hills

by Greg M. Schwartz

21 March 2016

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace_fr12
Frehley delivered the goods song after song, ripping off the hot licks that inspired the next generation of guitar heroes while also delivering almost all of his most beloved classics with his typically affable wit and charm.

Former KISS lead guitarist lights up Los Angeles with patented rock riffage
cover art
Ace Frehley + Lita Ford
5 Mar 2016: The Saban Theater — Beverly Hills, CA

Few guitarists from the 1970s have had as deep an impact on rock music and pop culture at large as Ace Frehley. As lead guitarist for KISS, the “Space Ace” helped power an unprecedented rock circus that will probably never be matched for its combination of rock power and visual grandeur. Critics derided the band’s music as overly simplistic but legions of fans enlisted in the KISS Army, bought millions of albums and were blown away by legendary live shows whose spectacle has impacted the concert business ever since.

KISS weren’t just rock stars in the ‘70s, they were truly akin to larger than life superheroes. But the costumed personas and stage gimmicks wouldn’t have had the impact they did if there hadn’t been some great tunes and stellar musicianship to back it up. Ace was the one that gave KISS its sonic edge and the band was never quite as powerful after his departure. His infectious riffs and literally smoking guitar solos also helped power the alt-rock/grunge revolution of the early ‘90s, with a slew of those musicians citing KISS as their favorite band growing up and Ace as the one that inspired them to pick up the guitar. It’s a legacy few guitarists can match.

Earth is blessed to still have Ace around after he almost perished in a 1983 car wreck, an incident immortalized in “Rock Soldiers” from his 1987Frehley’s Comet album. A reunion with KISS from 1996-2002 was a dream come true for fans, but Frehley’s lifestyle differences with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley eventually found him out of the band again. It may well be for the best though, as KISS has become something of a caricature with dopplegangers in place of Ace and drummer Peter Criss. This in turn explains why Simmons and Stanley refused to play with Frehley and Criss when KISS received their overdue induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014. The fans would have gone bonkers and clamored for another reunion tour, so Gene and Paul threw a wet blanket on the proceedings.

Simmons likes to talk shit about Frehley being unreliable, but Ace has been clean and sober for almost a decade now and is the one who’s been putting out great new music on 2009’s Anomaly and 2014’s Space Invader albums. Now he’s readying a new album of classic rock covers titled Origins Vol. 1 that will enable fans to hear Ace tearing it up on some of the songs that inspired him back in the day.

The Space Ace’s winter tour touched down in Southern California on a Saturday night at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills. It seemed an odd location at first, as glitzy Beverly Hills is rarely thought of as a rock mecca like nearby Hollywood. But the theater had the crisp sound system and clear acoustics for a winning evening, though they nearly ran out of beer before the show was over. Ace helped define what it means to party like a rock star in the ‘70s and ‘80s, but the sober approach has had a most positive impact on his performance ability. His fans however clearly still like to get a good buzz on and the Saban Theater should take note and step up to meet the demand of a serious rock show.

Lita Ford opened the show with a rocking set that showed the former Runaway hasn’t lost her edge. There also sure aren’t many women in their 50s that could credibly rock a tight leather outfit like Lita still can, testament to the rejuvenating youthful elixir of rock ‘n’ roll music. Tunes like “Blueberry” and “Living Like a Runaway” rocked hard, yet 90 percent of the crowd oddly remained seated. This continued even during the speed metal of “Can’t Catch Me”, which Ford dedicated to the recently departed Lemmy Kilmister who co-wrote the song. The Runaways’ hit “Cherry Bomb” electrified the night, yet still couldn’t get the audience out of their seats. Only the set-closing hit “Kiss Me Deadly” inspired a few to rise and rock, and the song sure sounded better without the cheesy synths that hinder the studio recording.

The mostly seated patrons led to fear that this would be a sit-down show, which would have been against everything the KISS Army ever stood for. Cognitive dissonance therefore hung in the air during the setbreak, but the mood shifted as the lights dimmed and the instrumental “Fractured Mirror” from Frehley’s classic 1978 debut solo album played over the PA. There was a metaphysical buzz in the air as the space-time continuum started to ripple back toward that halcyon era. The time-travel trip was completed as Ace and his band hit the stage with “Rip It Out”, the opening rocker from that album. The older-leaning crowd rose as if they had indeed been transported back to their younger glory days, as the power of rock ‘n’ roll once again reared its rejuvenating force.

Frehley played only a handful of tunes from his solo catalog, offering fans a slew of crowd-pleasing KISS classics that kept the set charged with energy throughout. Hardcore fans certainly wouldn’t have minded some more of the newer tunes, but Ace was clearly having a blast focusing on the ‘70s material that made him a superstar. He also commented early on that there had been multiple UFO sightings reported in Texas after the band had kicked off their tour in the Lone Star State the previous weekend. This was no surprise to fans since Frehley has reported seeing a number of UFOs when he lived in upstate New York, not to mention claiming to be from another planet during KISS’ heyday.

The sizzling riffage of “Parasite” was an early highlight, with Ace and company laying down a mean groove that had heads banging and fists pumping. “Love Gun” had a similar effect as the ‘70s rock power consumed the theater like a time warp to the era of Dazed and Confused. “Snowblind” from Frehley’s ‘78 solo LP was even more powerful with its hard-hitting groove and mesmerizing psychedelia. Frehley ripped off a searing solo, displaying the wicked chops and melty riffage that launched a whole army of rock disciples.

A well-received cover of Thin Lizzy’s “Emerald” was offered up for a taste of the new album before Frehley returned to his own catalog for the anthemic “Rock Soldiers”. An inspiring singalong took place as the audience joined Frehley for the song’s defiantly transcendent conclusion: “When I think of how my life was spared/From that near fatal wreck/If the Devil wants to play his card game now/He’s gonna have or play without an Ace in his deck!!” The mystical musical power continued on “Strange Ways”, with Frehley leading another charged performance of an early KISS classic that continues to resonate with a timeless vibe.

1978’s smash hit “New York Groove” inspired another singalong, although the song’s arrangement seemed a bit off and was the only tune of the night that the band didn’t seem to have completely dialed in. The slight misstep was quickly forgotten though as Ace and the band launched into his classic personal anthem “Shock Me”. It was here that Ace brought out the iconic smoking Gibson Les Paul for another timeless moment of rock transcendence, shredding his most memorable guitar solo as smoke spewed from the guitar, leading to further improv that had the Frehley fanatics going wild. The set surged to a raucous conclusion with the equally classic “Cold Gin”, an ode to Ace’s hard-drinking days that has been a concert staple since KISS first hit the road in 1974.

The encore featured another KISS doubleshot as “Detroit Rock City” provided an appropriate Saturday night anthem before the hard-hitting “Deuce” from the band’s debut album wrapped the show in classic rock style. Throughout the night, Frehley delivered the goods song after song, ripping off the hot licks that inspired the next generation of guitar heroes while also delivering almost all of his most beloved classics with his typically affable wit and charm. KISS Army fans loyal to the band’s original lineup are strongly advised to catch the Space Ace when he touches down in your city, because no one else delivers these tunes with the otherworldly quality he does.

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 21 Mar - 19:41

Ace Freely On A KISS Reunion: 'I'm Not Ruling It Out'

Submitted by WAAF on 03/21/16 at 1:14pm.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Gettyi10

In an interview with rock journalist Mitch Lafon, former KISS guitarist Ace Freely spoke about what it was like working with his former bandmate Paul Stanley on his upcoming album Origins Vol. 1.

"It was rally, actually rather easy," Freely said. "And I originally had been trying to get Gene [Simmons] on the record, and he never got back to me; I guess he was tied up with one thing or another. But, you know, I said to myself, 'Let me give Paul a call.' And I called Paul, and he picked up the phone right away, and I told him what I was doing, and he was very receptive from the very beginning about getting on the record. He said, 'Oh, that'll be fun.' And it took a while to figure out what song we were gonna track. It came down to two songs: we were either gonna do 'My Generation' by ​The Who or 'Fire and Water', and we both agreed 'Fire and Water' would be a better song. And we just tracked it. It all came together."

When asked if working with Paul would open the possibility of him rejoining his KISS bandmates, Frehley said, "We haven't discussed that at this point, but I'm not ruling it out. I've always said that, you know, I always leave the door open. I know the fans have been... there have been rumors and stuff, but there hasn't been any talk of us getting back together."

This wouldn't be the first time KISS has reunited before. The band kicked off their KISS reunion tour in 1996 that Frehley described as, "It was a lot of fun in the beginning, but as the years progressed, it got a little weird. Paul and Gene know how to push my buttons and Peter [Criss]'s buttons. Some of the things that we had talked about in the initial outset of the reunion tour... things started changing, the rules started changing, decisions were being made without consulting me, and I started feeling like I was a hired gun instead of part of the creative process, which is what I wanted. So when that started going down, I realized I had to move on with my own career and put KISS on the back burner, which is what happenned.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeLun 21 Mar - 19:47

Kiss: Ace Frehley schließt Reunion nicht aus

Ace Frehley: "Origins Vol. 1"

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace_fr13
Nachdem Paul Stanley auf Ace Frehleys "Origins Vol. 1" mitgewirkt hat, schließt Ace eine Kiss-Reunion nicht aus

Original-KISS-Gitarrist Ace Frehley war zu Gast beim "One On One With Mitch Lafon"-Podcast und plauderte nicht nur über seinen neuen Release "Origins Vol. 1", sondern auch über eine mögliche Reunion von KISS: "Wir haben zwar bis jetzt noch nicht darüber gesprochen, aber ich schließe es nicht aus", verrät Frehley. "Ich habe immer gesagt, dass ich uns diese Tür offen lasse. An den Gerüchten, dass da schon irgendwas in Planung sei, ist aber nichts dran."

Der Fokus Frehleys liege derzeit auf seiner neuen Veröffentlichung "Origins Vol. 1", auf der neben Größen wie Slash und Lita Ford auch KISS-Fronter Paul Stanley einen Gastauftritt hat. Frehley verkündet: "Ich bin sehr froh darüber und freue mich über 'Fire And Water'-Cover von FREE. Vielleicht werden wir den Track auch als Single auskoppeln, mal sehen. Paul ist mit dem Ergebnis auf jeden Fall genauso zufrieden, die Plattenfirma ebenso, also schauen wir sehr optimistisch in die Zukunft. Und was auch immer die Zukunft für uns bereit hält: Entweder passiert es oder eben nicht."

Das gesamte Original-Interview könnt ihr euch nachfolgend anhören. Viel Spaß!
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMer 23 Mar - 0:15

Ajoutée le 22 mars 2016

In the episode's only interview, former KISS guitarist discusses his latest album Origins Vol. 1, working with Paul Stanley, his upcoming 2016 tour plans, the 40th anniversary of KISS' landmark Destroyer album, the 20th anniversary of the pre-reunion MTV Unplugged album, Psycho Circus, the reunion tour and much more.

Getting Paul Stanley on the album: "It was actually rather easy. I called Paul and he picked up the phone right away. I told him what I was doing and he was very receptive."

"I had originally tried to get Gene on the record, but he never got back to me."

On working with KISS again: "I'm not ruling it out. I always leave the door open. Right now, I'm just very excited about Fire And Water. Paul's really happy with the way it turned out. I'm very happy. So, we're just moving forward in a positive way and whatever happens in the future happens or if it doesn't - it doesn't."

The 1996 KISS - MTV Unplugged album: "It was a little nerve-racking. We weren't sure how the fans were going to receive it, but when we taped the show; the fans just went crazy when me and Peter walked out. It was just one of those moments in time where everything solidified."

"Paul and Gene realized that they had to move forward with me and Peter because the fans wouldn't have it any other way."

The Reunion Tour: "It was a lot of fun in the beginning, but as the years progressed it got a little weird."

"Paul and Gene know how to push my buttons and Peter's buttons."

The supposed reunion album, Psycho Circus: "I felt it would have been a better album if me and Peter had played more on it."
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 25 Mar - 12:49

Eddie Trunk :

Excited to announce this taping of a new pilot TV show I've always wanted to do. We shoot Tuesday night in NYC The Iridium with Ace Frehley . Limited audience available but RSVP and hopefully you get in and join us. We will take audience questions for Ace as well.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 12140710
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 25 Mar - 12:55

Celebrities Visit SiriusXM - March 23, 2016 (Ace Frehley)

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Celebr10

In This Photo: Ace Frehley
Musician Ace Frehley visits at SiriusXM Studios on March 23, 2016 in New York City.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 25 Mar - 17:36

Karlson & McKenzie Talk to Ace Frehley of KISS

March 25, 2016 10:04 AM

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Gettyi10
(Photo by Michael N. Todaro/Getty Images for Ace Frehley)

The show talked to Ace Frehley who is promoting his new album “Origins Vol. 1” out in April.

In this part, the guys talked Ace about who will show up to his funeral from KISS, crabs, recording covers with guests and did Gene Simmons blow him off?

Listen to decide for yourself.

In this part of the interview, the show talked to Ace about his sex life during KISS, feuding with road managers from Aerosmith and a KISS movie maybe?

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 08d2a710

Karlson & McKenzie can be heard weekday mornings from 5:30am until 10am on Boston’s Classic Rock, 100.7 WZLX. Follow the show on Twitter (@KarlsonMcKenzie) and like them on Facebook. Stream K&M anywhere you go with the free Radio.com app for iOS and Android devices.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 25 Mar - 17:46

Ace Frehley Live At The Ranch 3/4/2016

This video is known as the Richie Scarlet cam, The show was being filmed in the VIP section of The Ranch in San Miguel Ca on March 4th 2016, the camera was sitting on Richie Scarlet's cabinet where his towel and water was at. It took about 35 minutes for security to notice and then they took the camera and gave it back to the owner after the show.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeVen 25 Mar - 21:35

Ace Frehley no descartaría volver a formar parte de Kiss
David López

23 marzo 2016 Sin categoría

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Ace-fr10
ace frehley

Ace Frehley editará a mediados de abril Origins vol. 1, un disco de versiones en el que colaboran Slash y Paul Stanley entre otros. Si bien el resultado, que hemos podido escuchar ya, no es tan alentador como podríamos esperar, Ace parece haber cargado sus baterías e incluso anuncia que “no diría que no a una reunión de Kiss”.

Stanley canta “Fire and water” en lo que es uno de los momentos álgidos del disco. Ace opina que “fue bastante fácil. Quería contar con Gene pero nunca respondió a mi llamada, imagino que estaría liado con algo. Me dije que tendría que llamar a Paul y le llamé. Me cogió el teléfono a la primera, desde esa conversación estuvo muy receptivo a colaborar en el disco. Dijo que sería divertido. Nos llegó algo de tiempo saber qué canción iba a cantar. Dudamos entre “My generation” y la que finalmente cantó. No nos vimos en el estudio porque yo estaba mezclando el disco y él tenía mucho que hacer. Le mandamos la base, grabó la voz y yo metí los solos. Hoy en día con un correo electrónico se soluciona todo”.

Sobre la posibilidad de volver a Kiss comenta que “no hemos hablado de nada pero no lo descarto. Siempre he dicho que tengo que dejar esa puerta abierta. Se que hay rumores pero ahora mismo pienso nada más en este disco. Creo que “Fire and water” puede ser un gran single. Estoy muy feliz y nos estamos moviendo hacia delante. Pasará lo que tenga que pasar y si no pasa pues nada”.

De la gira de reunión de Kiss en el 96 comenta que “al principio fue divertido pero a medida que pasaban los años fue algo extraño. Lo que firmamos comenzó a cambiar, las decisiones se tomaban sin preguntarme y comencé a sentirme como un músico a sueldo en lugar de un guitarrista con pleno derecho a decidir. Me di cuenta de que me tenía que ir y eso hice”.Esperamos vuestros comentarios sobre las declaraciones de Frehley.
Contenu sponsoriséAce Frehley News ! - Page 22 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Ace Frehley News !
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 22 sur 40Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Suivant