Kiss France forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

Partagez

Bruce News

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Suivant
AuteurMessage
phiphiMonsterMessages : 11355
Bruce News - Page 20 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMar 31 Mai - 11:58

31.05.2022 11:53:28
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie-vincent-ace-frehley-bruce-kulick-together/
Bruce News - Page 20 Attach35

Vinnie Vincent, Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick Played Live Together

Matt Wake
Published: May 29, 2022
Former Kiss guitarists Vinnie Vincent, Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick performed live together last night for the first time ever.

At the end of the reclusive Vincent's first large-scale public performance in decades, which took place at the Creatures Fest in Nashville, the trio jammed together on the '70s Kiss classics "Deuce" and "Cold Gin."

Despite having to overcome technical difficulties with a backing drum track that was used in place of a live musician, the Kiss alumni delivered a crowd-pleasing show, as a security team paced the floor in an attempt to prevent anyone from filming the historic event.

The night's biggest takeaway? As an electric guitarist, Vincent still has it. And as one of rock’s great enigmas, Vincent also still has it.

His 45-minute-ish set certainly had quizzical aspects, starting with the timing. Even though he was billed as the headliner at Creatures Fest on Saturday, with ’80s faves Vixen and Pretty Boy Floyd listed as support acts, Vincent wanted to play first, and also apparently wanted to start before the crowd could even get in. With the ballroom doors still closed and long lines of fans lineup up outside, Vincent began unleashing hellhound note flurries on his guitar. His signature flair was unmistakable, even behind closed doors.

When the doors finally opened fans rushed in - not to some playlist on the P.A., as per usual at rock shows, but to the sight of Vincent onstage, in his full “Ankh Warrior” Kiss stage makeup, shredding away on a pink Flying V guitar, while standing atop a reproduction of the tank-turret drum riser from Kiss’ 1983 tour.

It was an unforgettable start to the show, especially considering that more than a few of the attendees were openly wondering if the cancellation-prone Vincent would really show up.

But show up he did, with fretboard skills that seemingly haven’t faded much since Lick It Up, the only Kiss album on which he appears an official member of the group's lineup. (He was also among the clandestine ringers who contributed guitar and songwriting to Creatures of the Night, the 1982 Kiss album that features Frehley on the cover despite the fact that he doesn't perform on any of the songs.)

Vincent’s tendency towards maximalism remains intact too. The Creatures Fest set began with him playing 15-minutes or so of unaccompanied shred-style guitar, reminiscent of his extended Lick it Up tour solo features, which were a frequent point of contention between himself and Kiss frontman Paul Stanley.

Although there were a few recognizable snatches, including bits of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” most of Vincent’s 15-minute opening piece appeared to be stream-of-consciousness shred. During that segment, any time Vincent’s playing paused for a few seconds – which didn’t happen often – the audience cheered for more. Finally out of notes after a quarter of an hour, he held his pink Flying V up in a victorious pose.

Bassist/singer Shane Smith from the Kiss tribute band You Wanted the Best then joined Vincent. In a surprising move there was a drum track and no drummer onstage when the two launched into “I Love It Loud.” Although the gang vocals were also delivered via tape, the lead vocals sounded live and Smith, who performs as Gene Simmons in You Wanted the Best, did his job well.

Still, it wasn't until Vincent peeled off a few tasty bends, whammy-bar wiggles and zigzag runs during the solo section that the electricity returned to the room. Vincent concluded the song with blues-metal licks, engaging in some call and response with the crowd, who happily woo-hoo-ed back.

Next, Kulick walked onstage to big cheers, brandishing a white Gibson SG guitar and wearing a headband decorated with the Ankh-symbol in a clear and classy tribute to Vincent. When he and Vincent launched into the Creatures of the Night gem “War Machine,” the riffage was like razor-wire. For the solo, Kulick contributed a hot wah-wah break. The highlight, and easily the most collaborative moment of the night, was a coda that featured Kulick and Vincent playing harmony guitar figures together.

All this time, behind the stage you could see Frehley in the shadows, looking fit and as effortlessly cool as always in a leopard-print jacket, jeans and aviators. The crowd, many of which were wearing t-shirts or tattoos with Frehley’s Spaceman makeup design, went nuts when he strode onstage.

With a honey-burst Les Paul around his neck, Frehley started playing the “Cold Gin” riff. But then everything went silent, as the technical problems started. In his trademark New York drawl, Frehley quipped, “What happened to the drum track?” Everyone in the ballroom laughed, including Vincent. Next, Frehley started playing “Deuce.” Again, failure to launch. Again, laughs and chatter. Again, Frehley being Frehley: “I can play anything. I just need a drummer.”

Finally, “Deuce” got off the ground, albeit a little wobbly. About midway through the first verse the music straightened out. Smith and Frehley exchanged lead vocals on the verses and Frehley played tangy solos. After “Deuce” reached its destination, Frehley said on the mic, “Thanks, Vinnie!" then walked over and got a fist-bump from his successor, who leaned down from atop the tank stage prop.

For the 900 or so hardcore Kiss fans at this sold-out hotel ballroom show, it was a dream come true. It also offered a fascinating perspective on the lineage of one of rock’s most influential guitar bands. Frehley’s bluesy, staggering/swaggering licks were the X-factor in the original lineup’s 70s classic-rock. Vincent’s neon-blur retrofitted Kiss for the more-everything ’80s. And Kulick, arguably the best and most complete guitarist of the three, balances a tasteful hybrid of ’70s roots and ’80s chops.

Next, they relaunched “Cold Gin,” with Kulick busting loose on the solos. After “Cold Gin” was over, Frehley clapped and said, “Bruce Kulick, lead guitar!” With Frehley onstage a grinning Vincent seemed happy to lay back a bit. During “Cold Gin” he served as a silent cheerleader, pointing back and forth between his fellow Kiss expatriates as Frehley and Kulick exchanged riffs.

In 2022, a smiling Vincent is a welcome sight, and the black-tee-clad throng smiled right back at him. A first-year event, Creatures Fest got off to a hot start Friday night with Frehley and original Kiss drummer Peter Criss reuniting onstage to perform “Hard Luck Woman” and “Strange Ways” as part of Frehley’s headlining set. Other Creatures Fest performers included Enuff Z’ Nuff, former Motely Crue frontman John Corabi and Quiet Riot.

After “Cold Gin” culminated, Smith gave Frehley, Kulick and Vincent one last shout out. The crowd bathed Vincent in a round of “Vinnie! Vinnie! Vinnie!” cheers. With the help of the Creatures Fest staff, Vincent descended the tank turret. He walked to the edge of the stage, shook hands with many of the fans in the front room and shared one more smile. And then after seemingly proving his doubters wrong, Vinnie Vincent was gone again.

Read More: Vinnie Vincent, Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick Played Live Together | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie-vincent-ace-frehley-bruce-kulick-together/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
phiphiphiphiMonsterMessages : 11355
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMar 31 Mai - 12:23

31.05.2022 12:16:21
https://metalheadzone.com/bruce-kulick-remembers-late-brother-bob-with-his-kiss-contributions/

BRUCE KULICK REMEMBERS LATE BROTHER BOB WITH HIS KISS CONTRIBUTIONS

By Iklim Alev -May 29, 2022
Bruce News - Page 20 Bruce-16
In his recent Twitter post, Grand Funk Railroad guitarist Bruce Kulick commemorated his late brother Bob Kulick who passed away two years ago, mentioning his contributions to KISS.

Bob Kulick worked with many notable names like Alice Cooper, Meat Loaf, and Lou Reed as a successful guitarist and record producer in the music scene. KISS was among these names, and he contributed to the group as a guitarist in 1972 when he impressed Simmons, Stanley, and Criss during the audition.

Though Ace Frehley got the part, Kulick played for many tracks in KISS’ albums entitled ‘Alive II,’ ‘Killers,’ and ‘Creatures of The Night.’ He also became a part of Paul Stanley’s solo album, released in 1978, besides his solo tour held in 1989.

Unfortunately, the musician passed away in 2020 from natural causes due to heart disease, as his brother Bruce Kulick revealed in his official Facebook account. Bob’s family and people who loved him were shocked by his sudden passing.

In the Facebook post, Bruce penned:

“He passed away in his home from natural causes due to heart disease. Sadly, I was unaware that my brother had complained to his doctor about chest pains and heart palpitations. I recently discovered this by looking at his medical papers, and I believe he was due to be treated, but the pandemic might have prevented it. For me, this was a shock, as it was so sudden.”

The other day was the second year of Bob’s passing. In his recent tweet, his brother Bruce Kulick stated that Bob was very proud of his contributions to KISS. Bruce paid homage to his brother by sharing the video he created for Bob’s tribute.

Kulick wrote in his words:

“He was very proud of his KISS contributions. Celebrate his life with this tribute to him from last year. RIP, Bob Kulick.”

You can see the tweet below.

Two years ago today my brother Bob passed away.
He was very proud of his KISS contributions. Celebrate his life with this tribute to him from last year. RIP Bob Kulick. https://t.co/kmTIC3js4a

— Bruce Kulick (@brucekulick) May 28, 2022
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMar 31 Mai - 12:29

31.05.2022 12:24:57
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-kulick/2022/sonesta-nashville-airport-hotel-nashville-tn-63b4aef7.html

Bruce Kulick Setlist
at Sonesta Nashville Airport Hotel, Nashville, TN, USA

MAY 29 2022

Setlist
1/ Unholy (KISS song)
2/ Take It Off (KISS song)
3/ Tough Love (KISS song)
4/ Spit (KISS song)
5/ Hooked on Rock ’n’ Roll (Peter Criss cover)
(with Peter Criss)
6/ God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You II (Kiss cover)
7/ Domino (KISS song)
8/ Heart of Chrome (KISS song)
9/ Thou Shalt Not (KISS song)
10/ Every Time I Look at You (KISS song)
11/ Paralyzed (KISS song)
12/ I Just Wanna (KISS song)
13/ Carr Jam / Sword and Stone (KISS song)
Encore:
14/ Tears Are Falling (KISS song)
15/ Crazy Crazy Nights (KISS song)
16/ Turn on the Night (KISS song)
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMar 31 Mai - 12:40

31.05.2022 12:39:16

Bruce Kulick Band - Creatures Fest Paralyzed / I Just Wanna

973 vues . 31 mai 2022
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMer 1 Juin - 10:46

01.06.2022 10:44:13

Bruce Kulick talking about Revenge 30th Anniversary at Creatures Fest

254 vues . 31 mai 2022
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMer 1 Juin - 10:49

01.06.2022 10:47:11

Bruce Kulick Band (with special guest Peter Criss) - Creatures Fest, Nashville, TN 5/29/22

2 986 vues . 30 mai 2022
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMer 1 Juin - 10:50

01.06.2022 10:49:15
Bruce News - Page 20 Img_0010
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMer 1 Juin - 10:52

01.06.2022 10:51:14
Bruce News - Page 20 Img_0011
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Juin - 12:22

10.06.2022 10:19:25
https://bravewords.com/news/former-kiss-guitarist-bruce-kulick-performs-revenge-album-in-its-entirety-with-todd-kerns-zach-throne-and-brent-fitz-at-creatures-fest-2022-video

Former KISS Guitarist BRUCE KULICK Performs Revenge Album In Its Entirety With TODD KERNS, ZACH THRONE And BRENT FITZ At Creatures Fest 2022 (Video)

June 6, 2022, 4 days ago
Bruce News - Page 20 629db110
Creatures Fest 2022 is taking place take this Memorial Day Weekend (May 27 - 29) in Nashville, Tennessee at the Sonesta Nashville Airport Hotel. On May 29th, former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick and his band - Todd Kerns, Zach Throne and Brent Fitz - performed the Revenge album in its entirety as well as other KISS classics. Original KISS drummer made a guest appearance during the set. Check out the footage below.

The setlist on the night was as follows:

"Unholy", "Take It Off", "Tough Love", "Spit", "Hooked on Rock 'n' Roll" (Peter Criss cover with Peter Criss), "God Gave Rock and Roll to You" Domino, "Heart of Chrome", "Thou Shalt Not", "Every Time I Look at You", "Paralyzed", "I Just Wanna", "Carr Jam / Sword and Stone"

Encore: "Tears Are Falling", "Crazy Crazy Nights", "Turn on the Night"
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Juin - 12:32

10.06.2022 10:25:55
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-creatures-fest/

How Bruce Kulick, Vinnie Vincent and Ace Frehley Built Dream Jam

Bruce News - Page 20 Attach36
Matt Wardlaw
Published: June 7, 2022
Bruce Kulick can now lay claim to an enviable statistic: He’s one of only three Kiss alumni to have shared the stage with all past and present members of the group.

A weekend of appearances at May's Creatures Fest helped to seal the deal. Kulick performed as the “Holy Trinity” with fellow ex-Kiss guitarists Ace Frehley and the reclusive Vinnie Vincent, the latter of whom made his first major live performance in decades.

“People were writing things, you know, because of Mark St. John and I sharing a bow at the end of a gig,” he tells UCR. "Now I’ve played with every member that was ever in Kiss – despite Gene [Simmons] and Paul [Stanley], of course, having that distinction.”

He'd gotten one step closer to this achievement after collaborating last year with current guitarist Tommy Thayer on the Kiss cruise. “We shared the stage that day by splitting the sets,” Kulick adds. “That’s pretty interesting for me and my Kisstory too.”

Kulick admits that he was initially a bit leery of signing on with Creatures Fest organizer Neil Davis, if he was just going to be paired with Vincent. Once Frehley confirmed his willingness to participate, however, Kulick was all in. “No politics got in the way. You know, there was nothing that prevented us all being there,” Kulick explains. “He kept building the event. At first, it was just Vinnie, me and Ace, and then Peter [Criss]. It’s pretty remarkable that he pulled it off, because I did have a lot of concerns, of course, like a lot of other people.”

When Vincent first came out, he began with close to 15 minutes of what seemed like stream-of-consciousness riffing. It was fascinating for Kulick to witness, even if he didn’t always understand it. “I’d go, ‘Ooh, that’s a good part,” and then I’d think, ‘Well, where’s he going? What’s he thinking?’ – because I’m analyzing it as a guitarist,” he shares. “But I think it was important for him. Apparently, he used to shred through Kiss guitar solos back during the Lick It Up tour. So I guess this has been him all along.”

The moment when Vincent took the stage was just as exciting for Kulick as it was for the fans in attendance at the Nashville event. Preparing for the moment, Kulick decided to wear a bandana covered with ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic symbols, a subtle tribute to Vincent's Ankh Warrior look. “It was so surreal. When I turned around, I was like, ‘Oh my God, he’s got the makeup on too!’ He was such an enigma and hadn’t played live in an actual big crowd other than his private events.”

Kulick admits that there were a series of challenges that came up early on. Initially, he had agreed to play with Vincent for one song, “War Machxine” from 1982's Creatures of the Night. Conversations with Frehley’s manager followed and Kulick agreed to stay on stage with both Frehley and Vincent to play on “Deuce” and “Cold Gin.” But Kulick says he and Frehley learned just an hour before performing that Vincent wanted to play with a backing track.

“I know how he feels about drummers too, because every time I hammered [a member] of his team about, ‘Why can’t we have a drummer?’ he’d be like, ‘He only likes two drummers, Eric Carr and a drum machine,’” Kulick adds. “Well, I guess that means we’re playing with a drum machine because, sadly, Eric Carr is not alive. If you notice sometimes, all of those drums are an exact imitation of what Eric might have played. I think that was done intentionally too for him.”

He found Vincent in a great mood after going downstairs to hammer out the remaining details, but the direction Vincent wanted to go with the performance was surprising.

“He said, ‘I just want to showcase you guys. I’m just there to support you guys,’” Kulick recalls. “I asked him, ‘Well what about in ‘War Machine’, that section?’ He goes, ‘No, you do that.’ I said ‘What about the harmony? That special ‘Black Diamond’ ending that we’ve prepared – do you want the high note?’ ‘You take the high note!’ He was smiling and agreeable and everything. I said, ‘Vinnie, you can play, why don’t you want to play a solo?’ ‘No, it’s about you guys! I [will have] already played.’”

Kulick also downplays online chatter that there might have been tension between Frehley and Vincent. “Everybody was cool with each other,” he confirms. “I don’t really remember any time [that] Vinnie and Ace [were] having a conversation.”

Some video has emerged, despite Vincent’s team request for a ban on fans filming any part of the performance. “People want to see the strange and the surreal. Is this a train wreck? I’ve got to watch it,” he says. “It’s a shame that it couldn’t be better filmed, because it was Kisstory, but the three of us at the [subsequent VIP] photo [opportunity] were very cordial and people were so thrilled.”

He wasn't sure what fans expected from Vincent, but “I still took a positive thing away from it in the sense that I know how much it meant for the fans to see us perform together,” Kulick says, “and again since many people were betting against Vinnie, he did perform. It was a surprise to Ace and I [the way the show played out]. I’ll tell you, if it wasn’t for that camaraderie [it could have been more difficult]. But then Vinnie was [also] super friendly and polite about it: There was no egos or anything. We all came together to make it work for the fans. I really think that was what the whole weekend was about.”

He was happy to get some extended stage time with Frehley, who Kulick acknowledges as an important force in the world of guitar. “Ace launched a billion guitar players, no doubt. I think it was because he always had that unique, slow vibrato – that's very Ace,” Kulick explains. “He also had an economy of notes and knew how to do a flurry where he needed that flurry. In a way, his playing was reminiscent of Jimmy Page, combined with another classic-rock player, but done the way Ace is. He’s a character and that character comes out. I remember very clearly how Paul would brag to me about certain tours and certain years of his career with him, that nobody could touch Ace. I know what he’s talking about.”

Frehley returned the kind words, making a point of introducing him during the Holy Trinity set as “Bruce Kulick, lead guitar.” “It’s great to hear a Hall of Famer and an original icon like Ace Frehley give me a shoutout like that.”

Creatures Fest also included a full set from Kulick and his band performing the Revenge album in tribute to its 30th anniversary. Peter Criss jammed with Frehley during his Friday headlining appearance, then joined Kulick during his Sunday set to present a rare performance of “Hooked on Rock ‘n’ Roll” from the former Kiss drummer's 1978 solo debut.

After all four surviving Kiss alumni had the chance to perform together for the very first time, Kulick dubbed the weekend a “dream come true for a diehard Kiss fan.” He said the enormity of the moment became clear during a tribute to Kiss' famous 1995 appearance on MTV Unplugged.

“When Ace came in with his entourage to sing ‘2000 Man,’ everybody realized, ‘Oh, shit, this is gonna be an amazing weekend!’” Kulick says. “That set the pace right there.”

Read More: How Bruce Kulick, Vinnie Vincent and Ace Frehley Built Dream Jam | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-creatures-fest/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Juin - 12:43

10.06.2022 10:40:06
https://sleazeroxx.com/bruce-kulick-found-out-vinnie-vincent-wanted-to-play-with-backing-track-one-hour-before-performing/

Bruce Kulick found out Vinnie Vincent wanted to play with backing track one hour before performing

Posted on June 7, 2022 by Olivier
Bruce News - Page 20 Bruce-17
Bruce Kulick has joined an exclusive club previously only occupied by Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons as the only KISS members or ex-members to play live with all KISS members at one point or another. KISS members over almost 50 years have consisted of Stanley; Simmons; guitarists, Ace Frehley, Vinnie Vincent, Mark St. John, Kulick and Tommy Thayer; and, drummers Peter Criss, Eric Carr and Eric Singer. Kulick played one track with Vincent at the inaugural Creatures Fest in Nashville, Tennessee, USA on May 28, 2022 before the duo was joined by Ace Frehley for two more songs.

Kulick shared his experience at the Creatures Fest with Ultimate Classic Rock and some excerpts are as follows:

Kulick admits that there were a series of challenges that came up early on. Initially, he had agreed to play with Vincent for one song, “War Machxine” from 1982’s Creatures of the Night. Conversations with Frehley’s manager followed and Kulick agreed to stay on stage with both Frehley and Vincent to play on “Deuce” and “Cold Gin.” But Kulick says he and Frehley learned just an hour before performing that Vincent wanted to play with a backing track.

“I know how he feels about drummers too, because every time I hammered [a member] of his team about, ‘Why can’t we have a drummer?’ he’d be like, ‘He only likes two drummers, Eric Carr and a drum machine,’” Kulick adds. “Well, I guess that means we’re playing with a drum machine because, sadly, Eric Carr is not alive. If you notice sometimes, all of those drums are an exact imitation of what Eric might have played. I think that was done intentionally too for him.”

You can read the rest of the article / interview with Bruce Kulick at Ultimate Classic Rock‘s website.
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Juin - 12:52

10.06.2022 10:45:29
https://www.metaledgemag.com/metal-wire/bruce-kulick-found-out-he-would-be-playing-to-a-backing-track-with-vinnie-vincent-and-ace-frehley-an-hour-before-show-time
Bruce News - Page 20 20220610
Daniel Knighton/Getty Images
Last month’s Creatures Fest in Nashville made history when three former Kiss guitarists – Vinnie Vincent, Bruce Kulick and Ace Frehley – appeared onstage together for the first time ever. For Kulick, the event also added another notch to his belt: Other than Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley, he is now the only Kiss alumni to have shared a stage with every past and present member of the band.

Now, in a new interview, Kulick also shares some behind-the-scenes details about his performance with Frehley and the ever-reclusive Vincent, including the fact that he only found out they would be playing to a backing track an hour before the show.

“I know how he feels about drummers too, because every time I hammered [a member] of his team about, ‘Why can’t we have a drummer?’ he’d be like, ‘He only likes two drummers, Eric Carr and a drum machine,’ ” Kulick told Ultimate Classic Rock. “Well, I guess that means we’re playing with a drum machine because, sadly, Eric Carr is not alive.”

As for Vincent’s 15-minute unaccompanied guitar solo that opened the set? Kulick was as enthralled as the rest of us watching it unfold.

“I’d go, ‘Ooh, that’s a good part,” and then I’d think, ‘Well, where’s he going? What’s he thinking?’ – because I’m analyzing it as a guitarist,” he said. “But I think it was important for him. Apparently, he used to shred through Kiss guitar solos back during the Lick It Up tour. So I guess this has been him all along.”

You can read a recap of Kulick's Creatures Fest set with Vincent and Frehley, as well as watch fan-filmed footage, here.
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSam 11 Juin - 9:58

11.06.2022 09:57:12

Bruce Kulick "Rock Bottom" Creatures Fest MTV Unplugged 5/27/22

1 857 vues . juin 2022
Lisa Lane Kulick sings this iconic KISS song, "Rock Bottom" with this powerful at Creatures Fest Pool Party MTV Unplugged Concert.

Lisa Lane Kulick Lead Vocals
Todd Kerns Vocals and Guitar
Zach Throne Vocals and Bass
Brent Fitz Vocals and Drums
Bruce Kulick Guitar
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeDim 12 Juin - 11:06

12.06.2022 11:03:07
https://bravewords.com/news/bruce-lisa-lane-kulick-perform-kiss-classic-rock-bottom-at-creatures-fest-pool-party-video

BRUCE & LISA LANE KULICK PERFORM KISS CLASSIC "ROCK BOTTOM" AT CREATURES FEST POOL PARTY; VIDEO

June 9, 2022, 2 days ago
Bruce News - Page 20 62a25210
Creatures Fest 2022 took place Memorial Day Weekend (May 27 - 29) in Nashville, Tennessee at the Sonesta Nashville Airport Hotel. Former KISS guitarist, Bruce Kulick, has shared the video below, in which he and his band are joined by his wife, Lisa Jane Kulick, at the Creatures Fest Pool Party for a performance of the KISS song, "Rock Bottom".

On May 29, Bruce and his band - Todd Kerns, Zach Throne and Brent Fitz - performed the Revenge album in its entirety as well as other KISS classics.
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Juin - 10:34

14.06.2022 08:32:20

Bruce Kulick "World Without Heroes" Creatures Fest 5/27/22

1 186 vues . 13 juin 2022
Zach Throne sings this great Gene Simmons song at the MTV Unplugged Pool Party at day one of Creatures Fest. It's got a great guitar solo, that was actually played by Paul Stanley on the MTV filming. I always enjoyed learning the riffs for that song from Paul's performance on The Elder.

Zach Throne Lead Vocal and Bass
Todd Kerns  Guitar
Brent Fitz  Drums
Bruce Kulick  Guitar

Creatures Fest was an exciting three day event in Nashville over Memorial Day Weekend of 2022.  Friday's afternoon event was the MTV Unplugged concert by many musicians. It was an honor to do three song with my band, and the show was performed in order that afternoon.  MTV Unplugged was a concert I will never forget, and KISS fans love it!
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Juil - 11:25

14.07.2022 11:25:15

When Bruce Kulick joined Kiss

MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMer 21 Sep - 16:17

21.09.2022 14:15:36

KISS "35 Years of Crazy Nights" by Bruce Kulick

3 712 vues . 21 sept. 2022
Celebrate the 35th Anniversary of the KISS LP, "Crazy Nights". September 1987, was the release of my second KISS LP.  With this anniversary I share my story as the lead guitarist of KISS. See pictures from my personal collection during my KISS years, and see how the record was created with hit producer Ron Nevison. I share my memories of the three videos we released in support of the singles from Crazy Nights, as well as my experiences during the year long World Tour.

Directed by:
Bruce Kulick
Andrew Sgambati

Edited by:
Andrew Sgambati
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Sep - 11:25

22.09.2022 09:23:03
https://bravewords.com/news/former-kiss-guitarist-bruce-kulick-celebrates-35th-anniversary-of-crazy-nights-album-video

Former KISS Guitarist BRUCE KULICK Celebrates 35th Anniversary Of Crazy Nights Album; Video

September 21, 2022, 16 hours ago
Bruce News - Page 20 5c24fc10
Former KISS guitarist, Bruce Kulick, has shared the video below, along with the following message:

"Celebrate the 35th anniversary of the KISS LP, Crazy Nights. September 1987, was the release of my second KISS LP. With this anniversary I share my story as the lead guitarist of KISS. See pictures from my personal collection during my KISS years, and see how the record was created with hit producer Ron Nevison. I share my memories of the three videos we released in support of the singles from Crazy Nights, as well as my experiences during the year long World Tour."

MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSam 1 Oct - 10:53

01.10.2022 10:50:15
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/bruce_kulick_opens_up_on_unsuccessful_first_kiss_audition_says_band_intimidated_him.html

Bruce Kulick Opens Up on Unsuccessful First Kiss Audition, Says Band 'Intimidated' Him

"I never really talked about it a lot. But I did audition when they went through the cattle call, because Ace was going to be gone."
Posted a day ago
The_Phoenician
Bruce News - Page 20 13922310
The former Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick recalled how he unsuccessfully auditioned for the band during the "Creatures of the Night" era, adding that he was always "intimidated" by Gene Simmons & Co.'s iconic get-up beforehand.

Bruce Kulick's twelve-year-long run with Kiss had earned the guitarist loads of respect from the band's fanbase, but also from Gene and Paul themselves. Before he left the band prior to the original reunion's lineup in 1996, Kulick had proven to be a consummate guitar player & songwriter, a natural showman, and an absolute charm to work with.

And while it didn't take Gene & Paul to realize how good a fit Bruce was following his 1984 debut with Kiss, the Demon and the Starchild were apparently of a different mind when the guitarist first auditioned two years earlier.

As Kulick tells My Planet Rocks' Ian Danter in a new interview, he first went through the cattle call right after Ace Frehley's first departure in '82 (transcribed by Ultimate Guitar):

"I don't mind sharing it now, because I think it is important. I never really talked about it a lot. But I did audition when they went through the cattle call, because Ace was going to be gone.

"I don't know, it just wasn't - the timing wasn't right. But I had to do it when Bob [Kulick, Bruce's older brother who auditioned for Kiss in 1973] said, 'Look, you should go down there and audition.' But I remember I was always intimidated with their outfits and the vibe, and I was not really ready."
However, Kulick did drop by the studio while Kiss were recording "Creatures of the Night", and the guitarist notes how the more casual atmosphere - when compared to the audition - made a world of difference:

"But when I met them casually - meaning coming with my brother - and we went by a known studio in New York. And the first time I saw Eric Carr [late Kiss drummer who replaced Peter Criss in 1980], he was just lounging and relaxing.

"I remember what I heard, I loved. You know, 'I Love it Loud.' But I was always I knew, even then, if you're going to tag along with somebody, you keep it kind of quiet, you speak when you're spoken to, you know what I mean? So I didn't have to say a whole lot.

"And Paul, by the way, those other times, I got to socialize with my brother and him. He was very down-to-earth and very mellow. And he was mostly like, unplugging from the rock star [on-stage persona] completely, but it was exciting for me to meet them and understand a little more of their world."
Before Kulick joined as a full member, he contributed to 1984's "Animalize" as a temporary replacement for the guitarist Marc St. John. As Kulick now says, he had no idea he'd get the offer to join the band as a full member shortly afterwards:

"And then I went in. And there I go, doing what they needed for 'Animalize' on a song, and a couple other riffs on another one. And they said, don't cut my hair! And I'm like, 'That's a weird thing to say.' And next thing I know, about six weeks later, I get the call."
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSam 1 Oct - 11:24

01.10.2022 11:21:20
https://rockcelebrities.net/bruce-kulick-recalls-his-failed-audition-for-kiss/

Bruce Kulick Recalls His Failed Audition For KISS

Cansu CobanogluSeptember 29, 20224 mins read
Bruce News - Page 20 Bruce-18
Former lead guitarist for KISS, Bruce Kulick, recently joined an interview with Raised On Radio and remembered the time he met KISS members and auditioned to join KISS.

Bruce Kulick became the band’s new guitarist in 1984, replacing former member Mark St. John, and he embarked on a 12-year journey with KISS. As some may remember, this time coincided with KISS’ unmasked period, when the band members stopped using their extravagant makeup and outfits. Therefore, neither Kulick nor St. John wore makeup for KISS.

In a recent interview with Raised On Radio, Kulick recalled how he met KISS’s members and failed his first audition to join the band. Kulick shared that the timing wasn’t right and revealed that KISS’s style during that time intimidated him. Thus, he was fortunate that the only time KISS didn’t wear makeup during its long career coincided with the period he spent with the band.

Adding that he initially did not feel ready to join the band due to these fears, the guitarist also recalled that he continued to hang out with the band members and stopped feeling intimidated when he saw Eric Carr and Paul Stanley in their daily lives. Bruce Kulick also stated that he liked hanging out with the band members but knew that he shouldn’t speak much unless he was spoken to.

The musician also revealed that even though he didn’t wear makeup for KISS, his long hair made it possible for him to get the job, as the band members, especially Stanley, still wanted to have a certain look. He stated that his hair was long back then, and Stanley told him not to cut his hair at the audition. Six weeks after this conversation, he received the news that he would join KISS in England.

Here is how Bruce Kulick recalled the time he met KISS members and auditioned for the band:

“I don’t mind sharing it now, because I think it is important. I never really talked about it a lot, but I did audition when they went through the cattle call because Ace was going to be gone. I don’t know, it just wasn’t the timing wasn’t right, but I had to do it when Bob said, ‘Look, you should go down there for the audition.’ But I remember I was always intimidated by their outfits and the vibe, and I was not really ready.

But still when I met them casually, meaning coming with my brother, and we went by a known studio in New York, and the first time I saw Carr, he was just lounging and relaxing. I remember what I heard I loved. I loved it a lot. But I was always, I knew even then, if you’re going to tag along with somebody, you keep it kind of quiet, you speak when you’ve spoken to, you know what I mean? So I didn’t have to say a whole lot.”

He continued by saying:

“And Paul, by the way, those other times I got to socialize with my brother and him, he was very down to earth and very mellow, and he was mostly, like, unplugging from the [imitates vocals] rock star thing completely, but it was exciting for me to kind of meet them and understand a little more of their world.

And then I went in and there I go, doing what he needed for animal eyes on a song and a couple of other wrists on another one. And then he said, ‘Don’t cut your hair.’ My hair was about this length, and I’m like, that’s a weird thing to say. And next thing I know, about six weeks later, I get the call, and then I’m going off to England.”
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSam 15 Oct - 9:02

15.10.2022 08:58:05
https://rockcelebrities.net/bruce-kulick-admits-expecting-an-offer-from-gene-simmons-and-paul-stanley-to-replace-ace-frehley/

Bruce Kulick Admits Expecting An Offer From Gene Simmons And Paul Stanley To Replace Ace Frehley

Melisa Karakas . October 11, 2022 . 4 mins read
Bruce News - Page 20 Paul-s11
KISS is kind of famous for its line-up changes since the lead guitarist Ace Frehley and drummer Peter Criss have had an on-and-off relationship with the band. Various musicians were recruited to replace them during those ‘off periods,’ and guitarist Bruce Kulick had a run with the act for a decade. The musician recently discussed his time with KISS while speaking to EonMusic and addressed Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley‘s decision to hire Tommy Thayer to replace Ace Frehley.

During his run with the cult band, Kulick never got to wear the iconic makeup of the classic line-up. He also left the band when KISS reunited with Frehley, who departed once again in 2002. Then, the band decided to recruit Tommy Thayer instead of bringing Kulick back. The guitarist was recently asked if any of those facts, from never wearing stage makeup to the fact that Thayer replaced him, disappointed him in any way.

Kulick answered that this was a frequently asked question since many fans wondered why he wasn’t the band’s first choice. Bruce disclosed that he had heard rumors from the people close to KISS that Frehley was causing problems. These rumors led him to wonder if he would be recruited to the band again and if the act would ask him to embrace Spaceman’s persona on stage. If so, Kulick would have to negate each quality from his era since he would imitate Ace by ‘shooting rockets from his guitar.’

Bruce explained that imitating Frehley or playing the guitar like him was something he never had to do. Since Kulick would be on stage with his own style, the guitarist stated that he understood KISS’ decision to recruit Thayer since they needed someone to replace Ace. KISS’ on-stage personas and makeup were a significant part of their brand, and Thayer was the better choice in that regard.

Bruce Kulick revealed if he was disappointed that the band didn’t invite him back:

“That’s a great question a lot of fans ask, and they’re a little confused about it, like, why wasn’t it me? When I knew that Ace was causing problems for them, I heard the rumblings from people I knew that were close to the band, and I was always wondering, like, would they really ask me to become the Spaceman, but basically negating everything from my era.

I would then have to shoot rockets from my guitar. I would then be playing Ace, maybe more note-for-note, something I never had to do. And I really think they made the right choice, knowing what they were trying to do, which was just trying to sell the characters and the makeup version of the band. By going with Tommy, it was no harm, no foul.”

The guitarist also addressed the fact that Eric Singer was recruited once again when Peter Criss departed. Bruce disclosed that it was more natural for Eric to replace Peter’s image. The fact that the drummer sang also encouraged KISS to bring him back. Bruce noted that imitating Spaceman would be awkward for him since he had always been himself during his time with the band.

The musician addressed Singer’s recruitment and why it would stain his image if he imitated Frehley:

“I think with Eric Singer, it was much more natural behind the kit. And Eric sings really well, which helps out because Peter sang. So, it was the right choice for them because that was something very much appropriate for the non-make-up years. Me becoming the Spaceman, I think, would have been very awkward for me. I think it would have almost stained my era.”

It’s apparent from Kulick’s answers that neither Gene Simmons nor Paul Stanley asked the guitarist to ‘imitate’ or ‘replace’ Ace Frehley or his on-stage persona, Spaceman. Two of KISS’s strong suits have always been their stage shows and signature makeup. So, when the band looked for someone to embrace Spaceman and replace Frehley, they believed Kulick wasn’t the right choice.
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSam 15 Oct - 10:49

15.10.2022 10:45:17

Il est évident qu'à la fin du Farewell Tour Gene et Paul ne recherchait pas un soliste talentueux pour remplacer Ace mais juste un clone capable de le singer... Ce qu'ils ont fait !
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSam 15 Oct - 11:00

15.10.2022 10:50:17
https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/bruce-kulick-kiss-eonmusic-interview-october-2022.html

BRUCE KULICK
"Back then, I was just doing my job, but now I feel it’s my job to tell people what it was like."

Bruce Kulick is the keeper of the flame for what is these days, an often overlooked period of KISStory. The guitarist who provided the blistering leads on some of their biggest singles including ‘Heaven’s on Fire’, ‘Crazy, Crazy Nights’ and ‘God Gave Rock and Roll to You II’, Bruce spent over a decade with the rock and roll icons. Exiting the band when the original line-up reconvened and reverted to their made-up larger than life image in 1996, Bruce has quite the story to tell, which he has done with a series of Youtube retrospective videos; the most recent being his 35th Anniversary ‘Crazy Nights’ celebration. Talking his tenure with KISS, and his video series, we caught up with Bruce for an in-depth interview about the non-make-up years. Hot in the shade; Eamon O’Neill.  
Bruce News - Page 20 Bruce-19

Hi Bruce, congratulations on your recent KISS ‘Crazy Nights’ YouTube retrospective; how did that come about?
Since the pandemic I really dove really deep into my Kisstory, and at first when everything shut down, I thought I would just kick back, read books, relax, and then I realised how much fun it would be to interact with the fans. I started doing something called ‘Isolated Riffs’, so I would play a little bit form a KISS song. The reaction was tremendous. I could put up a shitty video in my living room, and I didn’t even have a light to really film myself properly, and the next thing I know it’s getting a huge amount of attention, and people are begging me; “do this one! Do that one!”

So that’s how it started?
At that point, especially being at home a year, away from my usual touring with Grand Funk [Railroad] or doing a KISS Kruise or other events like conventions and things, I started to learn. I have a neighbour who’s in production for shows and video work, and the next thing I know I’m learning how to film better in my home and how to record better, and how to use iMovie, and how to use Garage Band. If you go to my YouTube Channel, you can see this evolution of how I learned. I used to do a ‘KISS Guitar of the Month’, and there’d be me just standing in a room where I hoped I’d had enough light, and that was it! And then once I learned iMovie, and I learned how to video, and I learned how to do everything that could be involved with presenting something; the production became better.  

So all of this has led to where we are now.
The video you’re referring to, I took it to even another level because I obviously really admire other people’s talented work, and there was a guy that I knew in the KISS world – Andrew Sgambati is his name -  who as working on a movie about the ‘Hot in the Shade’ tour, and started to promote it so much that he got a warning from KISS, immediately, like; “no, you’re not doing that”. Do they have the right to do that? Maybe. I don’t know, I didn’t create it, I wasn’t putting it out, but when I saw how good he did with that, I said; “Andrew, we need to work together on this”.  

So you developed a working relationship with Andrew.
My most recent one before collaborating with Andrew was ‘Revenge’ [30 year retrospective], but it’s mostly images and then I’d play along with it a little bit. It did very well, but Andrew, knowing that we had the ‘Crazy, Crazy Nights’ [behind the scenes] video filming, and then there’s other things, at Japan, Budokan, it’s out there, and then just to be able to spin the story with all the fun ways, he was able to find a clip of ‘Runaway’ [1984 movie] to describe Gene [Simmons]’s distractions! So, in other words, the collaboration with him being really strong with how to present a video more video-documentary style, and then me being the story teller and having access to certain things, I think we were able to come out with a professional [piece], almost to the equivalent to what the BBC would do if they were only limited to twelve minutes.

I’m sure you could have produced a much longer documentary on the album.
We could have easily done an hour, and included every song and every story and so on, but there wasn’t time for that, and it wasn’t necessary. So, I’m very proud of it, and it’s doing very well on views. Of course KISS doesn’t bother to share it because they drive the narrative of the make-up years and that’s their prerogative. We know the fans who love the non-make-up years, and I’ve gotten a lot of support from fans and friends.

You’re the sole flag bearer for the non-make-up years, especially since the sad passing of drummer Eric Carr in 1991.
Right. You know, sometimes I think it is my story, so I love sharing it. When you’re in that moment, you don’t realise that 25, 30, 35 years and more in the future, people will be hungry for it, which is great! So I take a real joy and pride in sharing what it was like to be in the band and create this fantastic music, produce videos, tour the world; there’s so much to share in a very positive way. And then the occasional; yeah, Gene was freaking out about [‘Crazy Nights’ producer] Ron Nevison; that’s not a bad story, I’m not about slamming anybody, calling people out; It’s all about celebrating the music, but obviously when there’s something that I know affecting the band – the death of Eric Carr, that came up a lot in the ‘Revenge’ 30 year anniversary – I share that.

You’ve always been quite candid.
It is my story to tell, and I had to be really clear when I collaborated with Andrew that, this is not your video, this is my video. It has to be my story, otherwise any fan could do a documentary on something. What’s interesting is, I went back to my old blogs where I celebrated 25 years of ‘Crazy Nights’; I wrote something about every song, I talked about the videos, I talked about the clothing, and I was able to draw upon what was my story then.  

You must be pleased with how it turned out.
Andy did a pretty good job considering how heavy the angle of KISS with the make-up era really is. They didn’t talk about my era, and generally, when it’s KISS-driven or from KISS, of course it’s the biggest successes, and they’re currently still in make-up and celebrating make-up KISS. So my era does kind of get left behind, although I except it and I understand it, but I know that there’s a thirst by the fans for it. I know that for a lot of fans that was their first record – ‘Asylum’ [1985], or ‘Crazy Nights’ [1987] – that was the first time they heard the band ever, so it gives me a great opportunity to share my story with people who really want to hear it. I’m very proud of it. Back then, I was just doing my job, but now I feel it’s my job to tell people what it was like to do it, and nobody else could do that, but me, or even Mark St. John, for the short period he was in the band before he passed away. Vinnie [Vincent] was before me and even though he’s still around and did a few things recently enough, he’s a different part.

What’s it like seeing the fully made-up KISS, with the Demon and the Star Child playing songs like ‘Crazy Nights’?
Yeah, they realise that they can’t ignore a big hit, just like on ‘Alive III’ [1993], which was recorded during the ‘Revenge’ tour; we didn’t do ‘I Was Made For Loving You’ in the set, but we knew that it needed to be there because it’s such a huge hit, so we did it at sound check. So, KISS is obviously recognising ‘Crazy Nights’ being an important song in certain areas of the world. It’s the same thing with them doing ‘Shandi’ in Australia.

What’s it like seeing someone else play your solos?
The funniest thing about ‘Crazy Nights’ is to see how Tommy [Thayer]’s going to do the solo as I use the whammy bar and all that stuff. I’ve toured and done it without the whammy, but I can do my finger tapping. Tommy and I are friends, but we’ve got slightly different styles. He’s obviously very, very good at the vintage KISS and Ace and doing that, and my era, he was never one of those guys [mimes finger tapping solo]. I was required to be one of these whammy, wild guys. So, even in ‘Tears Are Falling’, it’s always different for him. But, I do recognise that on occasion, they will cover songs from my era, and it’s pretty cool.    

During that era, were you tasked with creating really flash solos for these songs?
Yeah, it was very clear to me when I joined the band. First of all, my very first thing with KISS ghost guitar work on ‘Animalize’ [1984]. I played on ‘Lonely is the Hunter’ and a tiny bit on another song because Mark St. John [predecessor guitarist], it was either maybe he got ill, or he didn’t like what he was playing, and instead of them going to my brother [Bob Kulick] or somebody else, they asked me. Now, it was very clear; Paul said; “do you have a guitar with a Floyd Rose [tremolo system]?”, so I’d just got a guitar put together with a Floyd Rose – that was early, that was in the middle of ‘84!

So anyway, of course, even before I was officially in the band I was aware that when they sent Mark St. John home and they invited me to be in the band, that they needed me to have one foot in the vintage world of KISS, and to have one foot forward in what rock guitar and lead playing was becoming. So I was ready for that call, and I do feel that I was able to incorporate enough flash, that style, with still the meat and potatoes of the Jimmy Page and the Eric Clapton love of guitar that I have. I think it was a great balance for KISS, and I think that’s why it worked so well.

The ‘Crazy Crazy Nights’ solo is beautifully built and phrased; how long did it take you to construct that?
Thank you. That was a really long time ago, but I will tell you, I know working with Ron was good. He was very clear about the lead guitar being front and centre, especially when I was taking over for the solo, but I knew in a song like ‘Crazy Crazy Nights’ it should be very melodic and yeah, there should be an element of flash too. I think I approach all my lead guitar work that way anyway. I prefer when I can have a blend of melody and flash. I think that was my approach on all of the KISS stuff, it really was.

Do you find those solos challenging to play these days?
There are some songs from ‘Crazy Nights’, the solos I’ve been practicing because the Kiss Kruises are coming up, and I’m certainly looking at those songs going; “okay, I think I’d better interpret that solo because I don’t think I can play that solo!” I’m 68; if I was an athlete you know I wouldn’t be doing, like 100mph fastballs any more as a pitcher, and I wouldn’t be hitting any home runs probably. Yet as musicians, here we are expecting to play stuff from we were in our prime! So, I try to balance that I can still play my guitar really well but I also know I can’t expect myself to perform exactly the same on the instrument because of my age.

Although there’s only five years between them, ‘Revenge’, is so different to ‘Crazy Nights’; was that a very deliberate attempt to darken the band’s sound and image?
Well, music was evolving, and it always does. Every ten years I see a shift in what the next generation of kids want. ‘Revenge’ had [producer] Bob Ezrin, and it also had a lot more maturity in a sense, and it was darker. You’ve got to remember that Nirvana was out by then, and things were getting darker and hair metal wasn’t the same, so we answered that with a tough record. ‘Carnival of Souls’ [1997] took it even beyond that, as you probably know, and that’s coming up 25 years soon. So, it was appropriate for the time, but at the time you don’t plan that, you don’t know it; it’s just the way music evolves. Every band has an evolution.

I’m glad you mentioned ‘Carnival of Souls’ as it’s vastly different; was it a step too far into that grunge territory?
Toby Wright, who co-produced that record, he had both his feet in that world, working with Alice in Chains, and he had big success with that. Even though he knew KISS because he helped engineer some other work previously, he did take it very far that way, and Gene and Paul [Stanley]’s attention by the time the record was being mixed was the reunion tour. Eric Singer [drums] and myself speak many times about when we look at ‘Carnival of Souls’; a lot of the rough mixes after we recorded sounded closer to ‘Revenge’, because Toby took it one more step when he mixed it.

How did you feel about that?
Well, I certainly was able to make ‘I Walk Alone’ [the final track on the album on which Bruce sang lead vocals] what I envisioned for it. That one, I did! But it is true that a lot of that record was a big, big step into what you would call ‘grunge’ then. I still stand by the performances and the music. Sadly it was bootlegged, and all those versions that were out there were terrible, going cassette to cassette, and I remember this on guy that I used to work with, he thought that I leaked it! Why would I do that?! I had nine co-writes! What would be in it for me to have people bootleg my music?! They’d be ripping me off! I wanted to kill him when he said it to me.          

But the point is, that record is really odd because of when it was being created, because of the style, but also more because of what the KISS band business was going through at the time. The fact that they were going to keep paying Eric and I for a year to be sure that the reunion tour was real, and Ace [Frehley, original guitarist] and Peter [Criss, original drummer] could do it. All their attention was on that, and business-wise, they did a pretty smart move, because if they made four million a year working with us being the other band, they made forty million that year headlining stadiums and playing in make-up. Everybody had to go see them.

The reunion tour sprang from the KISS Unplugged MTV special recorded in August 1995; how did it feel playing alongside the original band at the conclusion of that show?
The whole time that I was in KISS, there was always this; “when’s the reunion?” It was just something. It wasn’t a big, big shock when I realised; “oh, okay, it’s actually happening”. Eric and I weren’t aware that the reunion tour was going to come out of MTV that night. They were negotiating, and wisely so because the offer was there. The truth is, Eric and I weren’t aware that it was so linked to the MTV Unplugged thing, but that was the catalyst because once MTV scored having Ace and Peter there, then everybody knew that if they could do that, why don’t they go put the make-up on and go tour? “We offer you millions of dollars; sign here”, so that’s what they did.    

How was it for you on the night of the show?
That night, I wasn’t really that awkward about it because I wasn’t really clear that that was my last gig, but I was clear that there was romantic love for the original four, and let’s be honest, I wouldn’t have my opportunity if they didn’t establish KISS as a huge band. I’m still so proud of what Eric and I did with Gene and Paul that night; that set we did was magical.

Are you disappointed you never had the chance to wear the make-up, and that they went with Tommy Thayer when Ace left the band again in 2002?
That’s a great question a lot of fans ask, and they’re a little confused about it, like, why wasn’t it me? When I knew that Ace was causing problems for them, I heard the rumblings from people I knew that were close to the band, and I was always wondering like, would they really ask me to become the Spaceman, but basically negating everything from my era because; I would then have to shoot rockets from my guitar; I would never play a whammy-bar solo in that outfit; I would then be playing Ace, maybe more note-for-note, something I never had to do. And I really think they made the right choice, knowing what they were trying to do, which was just trying to sell the characters and the make-up version of the band. By going with Tommy, it was no harm, no foul, there’s no connection to any era that wasn’t when they were doing the make-up. I was sad that I wouldn’t be in KISS, and somebody else would now be in KISS instead of the original guy.

They did however bring back Eric Singer behind the kit when Peter Criss left again.
I think with Eric Singer it was much more natural behind the kit. They did tell him; “no double bass drums, play it a little more meat and potatoes”, and then Eric sings real well, which helps out, because Peter sang. So, it was the right choice for them, but outside of me missing being in KISS, because that was something very much appropriate for the non-make-up years, me becoming the Spaceman I think would have been very awkward for me, and I think it would have almost stained my era.  

With the band currently on their End of the Road tour, would you like to get up and play with them one last time?
Well, officially, I don’t think anyone’s really been [asked] because I don’t think they know when it is [the final show], really. Who knows when they’re going to stop? You know, I’ve jammed with them on the Kiss Kruises, and it goes over really, really well. We did an electric set on Kiss Kruise X [2021] when I played ‘Tears Are Falling’ and ‘Hide Your Heart’, it was a lot of fun. Will it happen? It’s not in my control. Would I be happy to do it? Of course, why wouldn’t I want to celebrate their last show with them? But it’s really up to them to ask me and make the plan.

Finally, you mentioned your KISS Guitar of the Month videos; do you still have all your guitars from your time with the band?
Very good question. I really regret letting go of certain instruments through the years, though I always had a reason. I’m very, very in tune with my instruments; I know how they feel to me, how they sound to me, and that connection is strong. During the actual KISS years, not knowing how things are thirty years in the future, like, there was this Ironbird that I used on ‘Asylum’. A lot of people go; “what is that?!” It’s a weird shape B.C. Rich. They built it, they gave it to me, and the neck went weird. Sometimes you can fix that, sometimes not, and I think I probably offered it to a road crew guy for $500 at the time. A gold Charvel; that wanted a paint finish, it never looks the same again; “I’ll get rid of it”. I could go on and on about instruments that now I’m going like; “what the hell was I thinking?!”
Bruce News - Page 20 Bruce-20

You do still have some of the more iconic guitars though.
The ones that really connected with me, absolutely. The two [Gibson] Explorers; the white, and the black one with the mirrored pickguard; the [Custom ESP] banana guitar. What I considered the next best, like the banana guitar, the white one that I used on ‘Hot in the Shade’ [1989] that I put a pickguard on and it appeared during the ‘Revenge’ tour, I have that. I have Frankenstein Junior that I used during that tour. I have a crazy [Gibson] Modrene that I used a little bit during the ‘Revenge’ thing. I have the B.C. Rich Radioactive [as seen in the KISS ‘Crazy, Crazy Nights’ video], even though I technically gave that to Eric Carr, and then he passes away and he leaves his instrument in his will to some girl, and she just immediately sells it and some fan buys it and years later I buy it. Every one of them has little stories.

What about the clothing, and gold records?
I have a few other items, but most of the clothes were owned by KISS, so when they did their huge auction in 2000, everything we up for sale. Now the gold records, outside of duplicates, I never let go of them. I have a beautiful display, and Gene has a much bigger one, but in Las Vegas where I live, there’s a KISS museum thing, and the records are there on the wall. But I’m very proud of all my stuff. I’m part of Facebook page called Kiss Live Auctions, and I do offer things from my personal collection sometimes, and then again, I occasionally buy things too. So, I am a collector of me, but I’m not going to hoard everything.
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSam 15 Oct - 15:11

15.10.2022 15:05:00

Bruce Kulick admet qu'il s'attendait à une offre de Gene Simmons et Paul Stanley pour remplacer Ace Frehley

KISS est en quelque sorte célèbre pour ses changements de line-up depuis que le guitariste principal Ace Frehley et le batteur Peter Criss ont eu une relation intermittente avec le groupe. Divers musiciens ont été recrutés pour les remplacer pendant ces «périodes off», et le guitariste Bruce Kulick a couru avec l'acte pendant une décennie. Le musicien a récemment discuté de son temps avec KISS tout en parlant à EonMusic et a abordé la décision de Gene Simmons et Paul Stanley d'embaucher Tommy Thayer pour remplacer Ace Frehley.

Au cours de sa course avec le groupe culte, Kulick n'a jamais pu porter le maquillage emblématique de la formation classique. Il a également quitté le groupe lorsque KISS a retrouvé Frehley, qui est parti une fois de plus en 2002. Ensuite, le groupe a décidé de recruter Tommy Thayer au lieu de ramener Kulick. On a récemment demandé au guitariste si l'un de ces faits, de ne jamais porter de maquillage de scène au fait que Thayer l'avait remplacé, l'avait déçu de quelque manière que ce soit.

Kulick a répondu que c'était une question fréquemment posée car de nombreux fans se demandaient pourquoi il n'était pas le premier choix du groupe. Bruce a révélé qu'il avait entendu des rumeurs de la part de personnes proches de KISS selon lesquelles Frehley causait des problèmes. Ces rumeurs l'ont amené à se demander s'il serait à nouveau recruté dans le groupe et si l'acte lui demanderait d'embrasser le personnage de Spaceman sur scène. Si tel est le cas, Kulick devrait nier chaque qualité de son époque puisqu'il imiterait Ace en "tirant des roquettes depuis sa guitare".

Bruce a expliqué qu'imiter Frehley ou jouer de la guitare comme lui était quelque chose qu'il n'avait jamais eu à faire. Puisque Kulick serait sur scène avec son propre style, le guitariste a déclaré qu'il comprenait la décision de KISS de recruter Thayer car ils avaient besoin de quelqu'un pour remplacer Ace. Les personnages et le maquillage sur scène de KISS étaient une partie importante de leur marque, et Thayer était le meilleur choix à cet égard.

Bruce Kulick a révélé s'il était déçu que le groupe ne l'ait pas réinvité :

"C'est une excellente question que beaucoup de fans posent, et ils sont un peu confus à ce sujet, comme, pourquoi n'était-ce pas moi? Quand j'ai su qu'Ace leur causait des problèmes, j'ai entendu les grondements de gens que je connaissais qui étaient proches du groupe, et je me demandais toujours, genre, est-ce qu'ils me demanderaient vraiment de devenir le Spaceman, mais en gros en niant tout de mon ère.

Je devrais alors tirer des fusées avec ma guitare. Je jouerais alors Ace, peut-être plus note pour note, quelque chose que je n'ai jamais eu à faire. Et je pense vraiment qu'ils ont fait le bon choix, sachant ce qu'ils essayaient de faire, c'est-à-dire juste essayer de vendre les personnages et la version maquillage du groupe. En allant avec Tommy, ce n'était ni mal, ni faute.

Le guitariste a également évoqué le fait qu'Eric Singer avait de nouveau été recruté au départ de Peter Criss. Bruce a révélé qu'il était plus naturel pour Eric de remplacer l'image de Peter. Le fait que le batteur chante a également encouragé KISS à le faire revenir. Bruce a noté qu'imiter Spaceman serait gênant pour lui puisqu'il avait toujours été lui-même pendant son temps avec le groupe.

Le musicien a abordé le recrutement de Singer et pourquoi cela ternirait son image s'il imitait Frehley :

"Je pense qu'avec Eric Singer, c'était beaucoup plus naturel derrière le kit. Et Eric chante vraiment bien, ce qui aide parce que Peter a chanté. Donc, c'était le bon choix pour eux parce que c'était quelque chose de très approprié pour les années sans maquillage. Je pense que devenir Spaceman aurait été très gênant pour moi. Je pense que cela aurait presque entaché mon époque.

Il ressort des réponses de Kulick que ni Gene Simmons ni Paul Stanley n'ont demandé au guitariste "d'imiter" ou de "remplacer" Ace Frehley ou son personnage sur scène, Spaceman. Deux des points forts de KISS ont toujours été leurs spectacles sur scène et leur maquillage signature. Ainsi, lorsque le groupe a cherché quelqu'un pour embrasser Spaceman et remplacer Frehley, ils ont pensé que Kulick n'était pas le bon choix.
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Oct - 11:35

17.10.2022 09:32:57
https://blabbermouth.net/news/bruce-kulick-says-kiss-made-the-right-choice-by-hiring-tommy-thayer-to-replace-ace-frehley-in-2002
Bruce News - Page 20 Brucek13

BRUCE KULICK Says KISS 'Made The Right Choice' By Hiring TOMMY THAYER To Replace ACE FREHLEY In 2002

October 16, 2022

Bruce Kulick has opened up about leaving KISS and not being approached to to return following the collapse of the reunion of the band's original lineup. Speaking in a brand new interview with Eonmusic, the guitarist said he did wonder whether they would "ask me to become the Spaceman" when Ace Frehley left the band in 2002.

Bruce said that he wasn't shocked at how it came about that the original four bandmembers — Frehley, along with drummer Peter Criss and band leaders Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons — regrouped in 1996.

"The whole time that I was in KISS, there was always this, 'When's the reunion?'" he admitted. "It was just something. It wasn't a big, big shock when I realized, 'Oh, okay, it's actually happening.'"

Going on to talk about the infamous 1995 "MTV Unplugged" performance that featured the original band plus Kulick and drummer Eric Singer, who was a member of KISS prior to the reunion, he said: "Eric and I weren't aware that the reunion tour was going to come out of MTV that night. They were negotiating and wisely so because the offer was there. The truth is, Eric and I weren't aware that it was so linked to the 'MTV Unplugged' thing, but that was the catalyst because once MTV scored having Ace and Peter there, then everybody knew that if they could do that, why don't they go put the make-up on and go tour? 'We offer you millions of dollars. Sign here.' So that's what they did."

Regarding the "MTV Unplugged" performance, Bruce said: "That night, I wasn't really that awkward about it because I wasn't really clear that that was my last gig, but I was clear that there was romantic love for the original four, and let's be honest, I wouldn't have my opportunity if they didn't establish KISS as a huge band. I'm still so proud of what Eric and I did with Gene and Paul that night; that set we did was magical."

When asked if he was disappointed to have never gotten to wear the KISS make-up or to be asked back when Ace left the band again in 2002, Bruce was philosophical. "That's a great question a lot of fans ask, and they're a little confused about it, like, why wasn't it me?" he said.

"When I knew that Ace was causing problems for them, I heard the rumblings from people I knew that were close to the band, and I was always wondering like, would they really ask me to become the Spaceman, but basically negating everything from my era. Because I would then have to shoot rockets from my guitar; I would never play a whammy-bar solo in that outfit; I would then be playing Ace, maybe more note for note, something I never had to do.

"I really think they made the right choice, knowing what they were trying to do, which was just trying to sell the characters and the make-up version of the band," Bruce said. " By going with Tommy [Thayer, current KISS guitarist], it was no harm, no foul; there's no connection to any era that wasn't when they were doing the make-up. I was sad that I wouldn't be in KISS, and somebody else would now be in KISS instead of the original guy."

As for Singer's return to KISS following the departure of Criss, Kulick said: "I think with Eric Singer it was much more natural behind the kit. They did tell him, 'No double-bass drums. Play it a little more meat and potatoes.' And then Eric sings real well, which helps out, because Peter sang. So, it was the right choice for them."

Concluding, Bruce said: "Outside of me missing being in KISS, because that was something very much appropriate for the non-make-up years, me becoming the Spaceman I think would have been very awkward for me, and I think it would have almost stained my era."

In 1984, Bruce joined KISS, where he remained as their lead guitarist for more than a decade, accompanying the band on the "Animalize" tour and continuing with the band until the 1996 reunion tour. Bruce is heavily featured on "Kissology - Vol. 2" and "Vol. 3", the band's DVDs spanning KISS's historic 49-year career.

Kulick joined GRAND FUNK RAILROAD in 2000 and continues to perform with the group to this day.
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Oct - 11:40

17.10.2022 09:36:44

BRUCE KULICK dit que KISS "a fait le bon choix" en embauchant TOMMY THAYER pour remplacer ACE FREHLEY en 2002

16 octobre 2022

Bruce Kulick a parlé de quitter KISS et de ne pas être approché pour revenir après l'effondrement de la réunion de la formation originale du groupe. S'exprimant dans une toute nouvelle interview avec Eonmusic, le guitariste a déclaré qu'il se demandait s'ils "me demanderaient de devenir le Spaceman" lorsque Ace Frehley a quitté le groupe en 2002.

Bruce a déclaré qu'il n'était pas choqué par la façon dont les quatre membres originaux du groupe - Frehley, ainsi que le batteur Peter Criss et les chefs du groupe Paul Stanley et Gene Simmons - se sont regroupés en 1996.

"Pendant tout le temps que j'étais à KISS, il y avait toujours ça : 'Quand sont les retrouvailles ?'", a-t-il admis. "C'était juste quelque chose. Ce n'était pas un gros, gros choc quand j'ai réalisé : 'Oh, d'accord, c'est en train d'arriver.'"

Poursuivant en parlant de la tristement célèbre performance "MTV Unplugged" de 1995 qui mettait en vedette le groupe original plus Kulick et le batteur Eric Singer, qui était membre de KISS avant la réunion, il a déclaré: "Eric et moi n'étions pas au courant que la réunion La tournée allait sortir de MTV ce soir-là. Ils négociaient et à bon escient parce que l'offre était là. La vérité est qu'Eric et moi n'étions pas au courant que c'était si lié au truc "MTV Unplugged", mais c'était le catalyseur parce qu'une fois que MTV a marqué en ayant Ace et Peter là-bas, alors tout le monde savait que s'ils pouvaient le faire, pourquoi n'iraient-ils pas se maquiller et partir en tournée ? "Nous vous offrons des millions de dollars. Signez ici." C'est donc ce qu'ils ont fait."

Concernant la performance de "MTV Unplugged", Bruce a déclaré : "Cette nuit-là, je n'étais pas vraiment gêné parce que je n'étais pas vraiment sûr que c'était mon dernier concert, mais j'étais clair qu'il y avait un amour romantique pour l'original quatre, et soyons honnêtes, je n'aurais pas eu ma chance s'ils n'avaient pas établi KISS comme un énorme groupe. Je suis toujours aussi fier de ce qu'Eric et moi avons fait avec Gene et Paul ce soir-là ; ce set que nous avons fait était magique."

Lorsqu'on lui a demandé s'il était déçu de n'avoir jamais pu porter le maquillage KISS ou qu'on lui ait demandé quand Ace avait de nouveau quitté le groupe en 2002, Bruce était philosophe. "C'est une excellente question que beaucoup de fans posent, et ils sont un peu confus à ce sujet, comme, pourquoi n'était-ce pas moi?" il a dit.

"Quand j'ai su qu'Ace leur causait des problèmes, j'ai entendu les grondements de gens que je connaissais qui étaient proches du groupe, et je me demandais toujours, est-ce qu'ils me demanderaient vraiment de devenir le Spaceman, mais en gros, ils niaient tout de mon Parce que je devrais alors tirer des fusées avec ma guitare ; je ne jouerais jamais un solo de whammy-bar dans cette tenue ; je jouerais alors Ace, peut-être plus note pour note, quelque chose que je n'ai jamais eu à faire.

"Je pense vraiment qu'ils ont fait le bon choix, sachant ce qu'ils essayaient de faire, c'est-à-dire essayer de vendre les personnages et la version maquillage du groupe", a déclaré Bruce. " En allant avec Tommy [Thayer, guitariste actuel de KISS], ce n'était pas un mal, pas une faute ; il n'y a aucun lien avec une époque qui n'était pas celle où ils faisaient le maquillage. J'étais triste de ne pas être dans KISS, et quelqu'un d'autre serait maintenant dans KISS à la place du gars d'origine."

En ce qui concerne le retour de Singer à KISS après le départ de Criss, Kulick a déclaré : "Je pense qu'avec Eric Singer, c'était beaucoup plus naturel derrière le kit. Ils lui ont dit : 'Pas de contrebasse. Joue un peu plus de viande et de pommes de terre. .' Et puis Eric chante très bien, ce qui aide, parce que Peter a chanté. Donc, c'était le bon choix pour eux.

En conclusion, Bruce a déclaré: "En dehors du fait que je n'étais pas dans KISS, parce que c'était quelque chose de tout à fait approprié pour les années sans maquillage, devenir le Spaceman, je pense, aurait été très gênant pour moi, et je pense que cela aurait été a presque entaché mon époque."

En 1984, Bruce a rejoint KISS, où il est resté leur guitariste principal pendant plus d'une décennie, accompagnant le groupe sur la tournée "Animalize" et continuant avec le groupe jusqu'à la tournée de retrouvailles de 1996. Bruce est largement présenté sur "Kissology - Vol. 2" et "Vol. 3", les DVD du groupe couvrant la carrière historique de 49 ans de KISS.

Kulick a rejoint GRAND FUNK RAILROAD en 2000 et continue de se produire avec le groupe à ce jour.
Contenu sponsoriséBruce News - Page 20 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Bruce News   Bruce News - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Bruce News
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 20 sur 25Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Suivant