Kiss France forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Partagez

Divers...

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant
AuteurMessage
phiphiMonsterMessages : 11381
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 23 Aoû - 10:01

23.08.2021 07:59:10

Ace asked about Paul's sexuality

530 vues . 22 août 2021
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Marco.SMarco.SHotter than hellMessages : 133
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 23 Aoû - 16:52

La Gibson Les Paul Deluxe 1973 'Double Cut' d'Ace Frehley mise aux enchères

La guitare - qui a été achetée en tant que  'Simple Cut' finition Tobacco Burst - arbore désormais une double coupe et une finition noire, et porte la signature d'Ace Frehley à l'arrière.

Divers... - Page 6 Captur12
Divers... - Page 6 Captur11

La guitare a été achetée en 1973 par Frehley lui-même chez Manny's Music à New York.

Frehley l'a beaucoup joué sur scène entre 1973 et 1976, avant de l'emmener chez Strings & Things à Memphis, Tennessee pour un lifting.
Des années après la refonte visuelle de la guitare, Frehley a vendu la guitare, après quoi elle a « changé de mains de collectionneur en collectionneur » jusqu'à ce qu'elle soit achetée par l'un des bons amis du guitariste, à qui il la racheta plus tard.

Peu de choses sont divulguées en ce qui concerne les spécifications de la guitare, bien qu'elle semble comporter une configuration typique de micros à double humbucker, avec deux commandes de volume et deux de tonalité. Il comporte également des incrustations de blocs de style Les Paul, une incrustation «Ace» sur la tête et la signature d'Ace Frehley à l'arrière.

La guitare devait être vendue aux enchères le 11 août et devrait rapporter entre 150 000 et 250 000 dollars. L'enchérisseur gagnant recevra également une lettre d'authenticité de Frehley, une lettre de provenance et un certificat d'authenticité de Gotta Have Rock and Roll.

Source : Guitar World

Divers... - Page 6 7f2ebc10

La voici en 1976. On peut voir qu'outre la couleur et le 'découpage' supérieur du corps, le sélecteur a été également déplacé. Je ne vois pas l'intérêt 'guitaristique' de la modif mais bon... Rolling Eyes
https://www.pinterest.fr/elvis661667/french-kiss/
PasteurPasteurLove gunMessages : 1785
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 23 Aoû - 19:33

J'émets toujours une crainte sur l'authenticité de ce genre de vente.
Rien ne prouve que c'est l'originale.
https://www.facebook.com/pasteurguyofficiel/
phiphiphiphiMonsterMessages : 11381
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMer 1 Sep - 11:21

01.09.2021 09:19:56

Buffalo Rock City - "Hard Times" (KISS cover) featuring Philip Shouse from the Ace Frehley Band

57 vues . 1 sept. 2021

Written by Ace Frehley

Video directed by Brett Deneve & John Jeffrey
Assisted by Al Baker

Filmed by Brett Deneve, Philip Shouse & Shawn Przybylak

This is the fourth video from the "Buffalo Rock City (Western New York's Tribute To KISS)" album.  

"Buffalo Rock City" is available for purchase on CD and digital download
at www.buffalorockcity.bandcamp.com/releases

Proceeds are donated to raise money and awareness for Homeless youth population in Western New York via the Compass House foundation.

Video concept:
As KISS fans know what "Hard Times" Ace Frehley is describing the classic KISS song, our video vixen, 'Karen Saiz' (pronounced KAREN SAYS), portrayed by the lovely, Erica Campas, is dealing with her own
'hard times' in this music video.  Living the perpetual single lifestyle, "Karen" is home alone, trying to figure out some new ways to get rid of of her built up tension.  After trying three times, unsuccessfully, in getting some new 'toys,' Karen gives up and decides to go for some auditory stimulation instead.

Karen loses herself in the "Buffalo Rock City" cover of "Hard Times," performed by John Jeffrey (Guitars/vocals), Philip Shouse (Bass) & Shawn Przybylak (Drums).  Watch Karen and the boys rock out in this fun, raucous music video.

Special Thanks to Gene Schmidt (editing supervision), and Brad Lauchert & Jay Messina for their amazing studio work on this song!  And thank you to David Pea and KISS Replicas for their amazing KISS costuming and customer service!  And last, but not least, thank you to 'Cousin Jackie' for the hospitality!
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Sep - 17:07

14.09.2021 15:05:42

1997 Gibson USA Ace Frehley Les Paul modified blue burst silver sparkle

25 vues . 14 sept. 2021
Marco.SMarco.SHotter than hellMessages : 133
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Sep - 18:43

phiphi a écrit:
14.09.2021 15:05:42

1997 Gibson USA Ace Frehley Les Paul modified blue burst silver sparkle

25 vues . 14 sept. 2021

Belle bête avec une finition très "Space Ace" !  Divers... - Page 6 1f600
https://www.pinterest.fr/elvis661667/french-kiss/
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMer 13 Oct - 9:17

13.10.2021 07:13:57

https://www.metalcastle.net/twisted-sisters-jay-jay-french-recalls-failed-kiss-audition-ace-frehley-was-way-better-than-me/

Twisted Sister’s Jay Jay French Recalls Failed KISS Audition: “Ace Frehley Was Way Better Than Me”

By Sami Altintas - October 11, 2021

Divers... - Page 6 Jay-ja10

Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French has recalled his failed KISS audition and said that Ace Frehley was way better than him.

Jay Jay French is the American guitarist who formed the heavy metal band Twisted Sister in 1972. Around his band’s forming year, Jay Jay French auditioned for the rock band KISS, and he failed to join the band.

Recently, he discussed the audition he made with KISS and explained why he failed to join the band while interviewing with The Rock Experience With Mike Brunn. When the interviewer said he was shocked to hear that he played for two weeks with them, French said he wasn’t good at all.

“You know, it’s so long ago I can hardly remember,” he says. “I just remember they called me up a couple of times to come down, and I went down and jammed on several occasions.

“But I never imbued it with much more history than… I’ve never been a KISS player, I never made a deal out of it. This whole thing, ‘Jay Jay in KISS,’ is such bullshit.

“One time a guy said to me, ‘Have you ever been in another band?’ I said, ‘Well, not really but I auditioned for KISS in 1972, it didn’t work out.’

“How honest can you be? I wasn’t good enough, I wasn’t picked.”
French Says Ace Frehley Was Better For KISS

When the interviewer continued by saying that French opened up about the issue in his book, the guitarist said Ace Frehley was better than him.

“Yeah, and Ace [Frehley] was way better,” he admitted. “I saw them and was like, ‘Whoa, they got the right guy!’ Ace was great.”
When the interviewer asked, “How important did you feel discipline was for Twisted Sister’s success?” French replied:

“Well, if you read the book, you saw we put the gig list in the back, how crazy is that list? It’s absolutely freaking crazy! So I did that just to show people that’s the work that went in.

“You asked Dee and Mark, you can’t take those away, you can’t take that out of our system. So the discipline was…

“Well, I’ll put it this way – I can make a joke and say there are four states of mind to a band, and these are my four states of performance minds.

“One is: you suck and the audience sucks, and you really question why you’re even doing this thing. Then: you’re great and the audience sucks and you really are puzzled by that because that doesn’t make sense.

“You suck and the audience is great and you got away with murder, and you are the happiest camper on the planet Earth. And: you’re great and the audience is great.

“And to strive for that is the key to being great. So Twisted Sister’s absolutely obsessive desire to be great and to blow away every band we played with, we were a very predatory band.

“The agent said, ‘You can make more money if you blow these bands away, more people come.’ So our attitude is, ‘We’re going to blow you off the stage but if you can blow us off the stage, go!’

“Because the people are going to benefit from it, that means you are better. And when you’re paying hard-earned money to see a show, you should get the best of everything, shouldn’t you? You should get the best of everything.

“You should get the best KISS, the best Judas Priest, the best AC/DC, the best Sabbath, the best Ozzy, the best Alice Cooper, the best Motorhead, the best Guns N’ Roses, the best Twisted Sister. That’s what you want.

“So our attitude is: we’re going to play so good, we’re going to force you to be better because you’re going to have to be better if you’re going to get over better than us.

“But you’re never better than us because we are always the best. And you have great pride in that.”
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMer 13 Oct - 10:46

13.10.2021 08:42:57

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehleys-band-pays-tribute-to-eddie-van-halen-on-first-anniversary-of-his-death-video/

ACE FREHLEY's Band Pays Tribute To EDDIE VAN HALEN On First Anniversary Of His Death (Video)

October 12, 2021 . 16 Comments

Divers... - Page 6 Acefre13

Ace Frehley's backing band paid tribute to Eddie Van Halen on the first anniversary of the iconic VAN HALEN guitarist's death by playing two VH songs — "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" and "Dance The Night Away" — during soundcheck in Raleigh, North Carolina. The October 6 concert at the Red Hat Amphitheater was part of Ace's U.S. tour as the support act for fellow legendary rocker Alice Cooper.

Frehley's band features guitarists Ryan Cook and Jeremy Asbock, bassist Philip Shouse and drummer Matt Starr.

Last October, Frehley reacted to Eddie's death on social media, writing on his Instagram: "Eddie was a friend of mine...I'm very saddened by his passing away so young in life...my prayers and condolences go out to his family, friends & fans!...A great and innovative guitarist...God Bless Eddie...R.I.P."

After Eddie was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer, he began flying to Germany for treatments. Eventually, the cancer spread to Eddie's spine and brain. Just a few months later, Eddie died at age 65.

Last December, Eddie's immediate cause of death was revealed to be a cerebrovascular event, such as a stroke. Pneumonia, the blood disorder myelodysplastic syndrome and lung cancer were also cited as underlying causes in his death certificate, which was obtained by TMZ. The certificate also listed a number of other "significant conditions" that contributed to Eddie's death, including squamous cell carcinoma (skin cancer) of the head and neck, and atrial fibrillation, a condition that causes irregular heartbeat and elevates stroke risk.

Rolling Stone magazine ranked Eddie Van Halen No. 8 in its list of the 100 greatest guitarists.

VAN HALEN was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2007.

A memorial honoring Eddie in his former hometown of Pasadena, California was officially unveiled Monday morning (October 11).

Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMar 19 Oct - 11:54

19.10.2021 09:52:57

Meet The Artist: Ryan Spencer Cook

6 vues . Sortie le 16 oct. 2021

Join us on Meet The Artist podcast with Topeka native and Guitarist Ryan Cook of the Ace Frehley Band.
We're looking forward to you joining us for a conversation about a hometown boy that grew up to perform with his heroes. Tonight he'll be on the big stage with Ace Frehley for the Alice Copper and Ace Frehley tour, right here in Topeka.
Let's Welcome Ryan Cook back home! Ryan Spencer Cook
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMar 19 Oct - 14:04

19.10.2021 12:00:40

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/producer_speaks_on_how_kiss_icon_ace_frehley_behaved_in_studio_talks_anthrax__steve_vai.html

Producer Speaks on How KISS Icon Ace Frehley Behaved in Studio, Talks Anthrax & Steve Vai

"It took me a while to figure out their message," Eddie Kramer said.

Posted 19 hours ago

Divers... - Page 6 12394410

During an appearance on The Eddie Trunk Podcast, producer Eddie Kramer - known for his work with Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and many more - looked back on working with classic KISS guitarist Ace Frehley on the musician's 1978 self-titled solo record.

"Ace Frehley" was one of the four self-titled records released by each individual member of KISS in 1978.

Asked if any of the other guys - singer/guitarist Paul Stanley, bassist Gene Simmons, or drummer Peter Criss - approached him about their solo records, Kramer replied (transcribed by UG):

"No, not at all. I love Ace, he's a brilliant guitar player, I've always said that he has a fantastic feel - he's a great blues player, he's a great rock-pop player, he gets it.

"He understands what he has to do within the limitations of his voice, which I think really became quite a character part of his music, with the sound of his voice and his attitude, it was so cool.

"And the stories about how he got to sing, at first he was completely horizontal, then gradually he was standing up, and by the end of the session he was fully standing up because I think he felt more comfortable being in connection with the sound.

"He was so creative in the studio, and we just wanted to push the envelope. And having Anton [Fig] on drums, that guy is a genius, and his fills were remarkable.
"That was an inspirational record, and Ace was just completely over the top.

"He really came to the party with brilliant parts, suggestions for sounds, for overdubs, and then of course, when he did that, that sparked my brain to say, 'Well, maybe we can put the guitar to this reverb and then put the amp outside...'

"We got up to some wild tricks recording that in this big mansion up in Connecticut, and that was another thing that reminded me of recording Zeppelin at Jagger's house. Here's a mobile, here's this massive mansion, put the drums on the staircase - that was a lot of fun."
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Nov - 8:27

02.11.2021 07:25:39

The USB Ace Frehley Mystery

13 160 vues . 31 oct. 2021

Here's the Late Night Lessons Halloween Special with The USB Ace Frehley Mystery! Needless to say, if you're a fan of KISS, Ace Frehley, Vinnie Vincent, Mark St. John, Bruce Kulick, Tommy Thayer, and/or even good ol'  Paul Stanley - this episode is for you!

Aside from having some random Halloween fun, we're also hitting some really cool ideas from each incarnation of KISS and the various talented players that have worked with this legendary group. From a classic hard-hitting riff that was Ace's live solo vehicle on the classic Alive! album (circa 1975) to Vinnie Vincent shredding a theme from Looney Tunes (circa 1983),. Then we're off to find Bruce Kulick shredding through a tapped chromatic-based idea that brings Buckethead to mind, along with a number of slick licks/tricks from mighty Tommy Thayer, including his heavy metal take on Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, and more!
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Nov - 8:29

02.11.2021 07:28:02

Gene Simmons Vault Experience (2018): Gene Simmons & Ace Frehley Full Q&A Adelaide (Australia)

12 vues . 31 oct. 2021
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMer 3 Nov - 8:55

03.11.2021 07:52:22

https://bravewords.com/news/twisted-sister-guitarist-jay-jay-french-looks-back-on-auditioning-for-wicked-lester-i-wasn-t-ready-ace-frehley-was

TWISTED SISTER Guitarist JAY JAY FRENCH Looks Back On Auditioning For WICKED LESTER - "I Wasn't Ready; ACE FREHLEY Was"

November 2, 2021, 20 hours ago

Divers... - Page 6 6180d610

Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French joined The Talk Toomey Podcast to discuss his new book, Twisted Business. He also talks about his early days before Twisted Sister, protesting injustice in the 1960s, and his KISS audition. An excerpt is available below.

On auditioning for pre-KISS band Wicked Lester

French: "By 1972, I had already been in one attempted club band that kind of didn't happen; this is after I stopped doing drugs and went straight. And then I got an audition for Wicked Lester, which became KISS, which wasn't particularly interesting. I wasn't ready, Ace (Frehley) was. To be fair, there were a lot of guitar players who auditioned for the. I don't know who else they spoke to, but I'm sure it wasn't just me. And they picked Ace.

"When they picked Ace, they invited me down to hear the songs transferred from Wicked Lester's poppy rock thing that sounded like the band Looking Glass. And all of a sudden, they had a vision; metal was the vision. They could see it. Gene (Simmons / bass, vocals) and Paul (Stanley / vocals, guitar) are smart, and they had a vision. There was no way to know where it was ultimately going to go, but they already had an idea that they were going to have Marshall amplifiers and be very heavy. And in those days, American bands did not play through Marshall amplifiers, we played through Fenders and MusicMan.

Gene and Paul were impressed by Slade, which was a super-heavy band in England, and of course, Jimi Hendrix, and those bands all had Marshalls, so I think that they realized it. When I went down to see them in September of '72 as KISS, they had just changed their name to KISS. The first backdrop was a bedsheet that goes up, and they were great. All of a sudden, those songs were great, like 'She' was originally recorded with flutes and piccolos - like Jethro Tull - and all of a sudden it was like... (heavy). I said to myself, 'Wow, OK, that's what I want to do.' That was the direction."
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Nov - 8:35

04.11.2021 07:34:40

Ace Frehley “The Space Cassette Boxset 2009-2020” Unboxing

176 vues . 3 nov. 2021
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 8 Nov - 9:15

08.11.2021 08:13:10

Matt Starr talks about recording Fire and Water with Ace and Paul

101 vues . 7 nov. 2021
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeVen 12 Nov - 18:47

12.11.2021 17:46:36

Ace Frehley - The Space Cassette Set Unboxing

669 vues . 10 nov. 2021
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 22 Nov - 9:36

22.11.2021 08:34:35

Ace Frehley / Early Years Interview

9 vues . Première diffusée il y a 6 heures
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 29 Nov - 8:24

29.11.2021 07:23:12

Matt Starr talks about recording 'Joker' with Ace

71 vues . 28 nov. 2021
DOMMDOMMMonsterMessages : 13780
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeDim 5 Déc - 15:48

Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMer 8 Déc - 8:58

08.12.2021 07:55:26

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ace_frehley_speaks_on_how_he_treated_the_1st_replacement_kiss_member__pressure_eric_carr_had_to_cope_with.html

Ace Frehley Speaks on How He Treated the 1st Replacement KISS Member & Pressure Eric Carr Had to Cope With

"We had auditioned a lot of drummers," Frehley commented.

Posted 18 hours ago

Divers... - Page 6 12534110

During an appearance on The Eddie Trunk Podcast, classic KISS guitarist Ace Frehley talked about the band's late drummer Eric Carr, who left us in 1991.

Carr was the first musician to enter KISS outside of the original lineup, joining the fold in 1980 as a replacement for Peter Criss.

When the interviwer said, "It was a big thing, KISS having its first replacement member, so I imagine that had to be a really difficult thing. When he [Eric] came in and auditioned, I'm sure you went through a lot of people but was it immediately obvious that he was the guy?", Ace replied (transcribed by UG):
   "Pretty much. I mean, we had auditioned a lot of drummers, and I don't know, you know when it feels right, you just go with your gut.

"And he just seemed like he was humble, a great drummer, had all the chops, and it seemed like he'd be an easy guy to work with.

"Pretty much, we all looked at each other after listening to everybody that we auditioned, and we decided on Eric pretty much unanimously."

Did you guys hit it off immediately? As you said, you both liked to have a couple of drinks and be social. Obviously, for you, up to that point, Peter was your guy. You and Peter were buddies on the road. Did you and Eric hit it off pretty much immediately? How was it for him, being in such a big band?

"He handled it pretty well considering the amount of pressure he had on himself. I always try to make people comfortable.

"My dad always used to say, 'Treat people the way you'd like to be treated.'

"So I told him, 'Don't worry about it, just go with the flow. Don't think about the future, don't think about the past, just stay in the moment, and you'll be fine.'

"He played his ass off, he was a huge asset as a drummer to the band once Peter left."

He made such an immediate bond and connection with the fans. The only studio record you made with him was [1981's] '[Music From] The Elder,' and 'The Elder' was just 40 years old the other day. I remember talking to Eric after the fact about that, he was just like, 'Yeah, here I am making my first record with KISS.' He was in no position to argue about that at the time, but do you remember, did you actually record with him, or did you do your tracks in a different place?

"We recorded at least half, if not two thirds of the record up at my studio in Wilton, Connecticut. [Producer] Bob Ezrin wanted to work up at his house in Toronto because he had a studio in his basement.

"That's where we wrote 'Dark Light' and maybe one other, I don't know. It was an interesting process, but Eric was easy to work with.

"He always wanted to do his best, and ask for input from everybody. He was just a joy to work with. No attitudes.

"I remember writing 'Breakout' with him in his apartment in Manhattan, he played me this tape, we just clicked on that song, and that turned out to be a great song on my first solo record, Frehley's Comet.

"I can't say enough good things about Eric. I posted four pictures of me and Eric on my website if anybody's interested, I just went online and pulled them off, made a compilation of four different photos.

"There are some cute pictures of me and Eric. One of us is getting dressed, we didn't really have our...

"I just had my jumpsuit on, I didn't have any of the stuff that goes on top, I think Eric was shirtless, it was all for one, one for all with Eric.

"He was a pleasure to work with, he's greatly missed. It's something I try not to think about too much.

"We had some great times together, and now he's playing rock 'n' roll up in heaven with Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen and all the other great musicians that aren't with us anymore."
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeVen 31 Déc - 8:37

31.12.2021 07:36:18

Risadas de Ace Frehley

3 vues . 30 déc. 2021
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMer 19 Jan - 16:29

19.01.2022 15:23:00

https://rockcelebrities.net/gene-simmons-guitarist-reveals-genes-only-condition-to-let-him-play-with-ace-frehley/

Gene Simmons’ Guitarist Reveals Gene’s Only Condition To Let Him Play With Ace Frehley

Su Yeniocak . January 18, 2022

Divers... - Page 6 Ace_ge10

Gene Simmons’ band guitarist Ryan Spencer Cook recently joined the KISS Army Nation podcast and talked about working with Gene before the KISS farewell tour in his solo band. The guitarist also addressed working with the former KISS member and the original Spaceman Ace Frehley and revealed the conditions Gene put forward for him and the rest of the band to work with Ace.
In 2016, Gene Simmons decided to put together a band to back him up in his solo performances. Even though the bassist didn’t perform much separate from KISS, in 2016, he had the idea of performing a few solo shows. Hence, he got in touch with Ryan Cook, a guitarist that had been in the music scene for a while with Skid Row, Damon Johnson, and fronted the band Hair of The Dog.
Ryan gathered some musicians and started to perform with Gene, which was a huge success as it grabbed old KISS member Ace Frehley’s attention. Ace reached out to Gene to ask his band to perform with him for a few dates. Even though Ace’s separation from KISS was dramatic, Gene surprisingly agreed and told Ace to ask Ryan. After making the arrangements, Ryan asked Gene if he was genuinely okay with the situation and Gene replied by stating that everything is fine as long as it doesn’t clash with his shows and they’re always good on stage.

The band performed with Gene and Ace separately, traveling between performances that year. Ace was amazed by their success, so he decided to hire the band as his full-time backing band. It was a lucky time for Gene, as it was time for him to end his solo adventures and return to KISS for their farewell tour. He ended up giving his blessings to the band and sending them off to Ace for good.
Here is Ryan and Gene’s blessing conversation:
“When we were going to Australia to play with Gene, the promoter there in Australia wanted to add Ace as a special guest to open for Gene. Ace called Gene and said, ‘Hey, I really liked your band that night, six months ago. Would you be okay if they played with me as well in Australia?’ For these four shows, just these four shows. And Gene said, ‘I have no problem with it, but you gotta ask Ryan.’
So then Ace reached out to me via Gene, and we worked the whole thing out, then we agreed. I told Gene separately and just said, ‘Hey look, I know you said you’re okay with this to Ace. Between you and I, are you really okay with this?’ And he said, ‘Absolutely, as long as it doesn’t interfere with my show, I don’t care what you guys do as long as we’re always gonna be good. I trust you.”

Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJeu 3 Fév - 8:16

03.02.2022 07:13:23

https://metalheadzone.com/kirk-windstein-says-ace-frehley-is-the-best-musician-in-kiss/

Kirk Windstein Says Ace Frehley Is The Best Musician In KISS

By Melisa Iscan - February 2, 2022

Divers... - Page 6 20220210

Crowbar vocalist Kirk Windstein expressed his ideas about former KISS lead guitarist Ace Frehley and the iconic songs he wrote for the band during his recent interview with Revolver’s Fan First.

Ace Frehley was one of KISS’ original members alongside Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, and Peter Criss. However, he had to leave the band in 1982 because of creative differences and his unwillingness to work on a concept album. Even though he reunited with the band in 1996, he decided to step out once again in 2002.

Therefore, Frehley’s influence on other musicians and mark on KISS’ works never changed even the years after his departure. As the person who chose ‘Black Diamond’ as one of the first songs he tried to play the riffs of, Kirk Windstein stated that he was a huge fan of KISS and especially Ace Frehley.

In his interview, Windstein added that he discovered the band at the age of 10 and defined Frehley as the best musician in KISS. He emphasized that the songs Frehley wrote, such as ‘Parasite,’ ‘Cold Gin,’ and ‘Strange Ways,’ were very impressive, and his self-titled solo album was so remarkable that he still listens to it.

Windstein said in his interview the following:

“It was KISS. I just discovered KISS in 1975, at the age of 10, and never looked back. That was it. Once I heard Ace Frehley play guitar, that was it. To me, as a straight-up musician, I think he was definitely the best musician in the band.

Although Paul and Gene write the majority of songs, and they’re both great songwriters, the songs that Ace did write are great songs. ‘Parasite,’ ‘Cold Gin’ and ‘Strange Ways’ are great. His first solo record, of course, was the biggest seller, and I still listen to all of that stuff all the time. I’m old school.”
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMar 8 Fév - 8:36

08.02.2022 07:32:23

Ace Frehley (KISS) Ace Triple Tour Pack Limited Edition With Poster Unboxing

65 vues . 4 févr. 2022

Deal alert. What we have here is a very good box with low cost. More convenient if you haven't bought any of the three CDs before. In fact, some of these CDs individually match the price of the box set, thus making it more desirable. The music is for fans of Ace or Kiss, good rock & roll without any pretensions, an interesting selection of songs that shows us what the influences were on Ace in his formative pre-kiss years.
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 14 Fév - 8:51

14.02.2022 07:37:45

Ace Frehley says Happy Valentines Day to all the fans

44 vues . 14 févr. 2022
Divers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeLun 14 Mar - 18:28

14.03.2022 17:08:15

KISS ARMY NATION PODCAST Episode 48 - An Interview with Jeremy Asbrock

133 vues . 13 mars 2022
Contenu sponsoriséDivers... - Page 6 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Divers...   Divers... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Divers...
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 6 sur 10Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant