Kiss France forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €

Partagez

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Suivant
AuteurMessage
phiphiphiphiMonsterMessages : 11381
Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Vide
MessageSujet: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeVen 22 Oct - 9:41

22.10.2021 07:38:55

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ace-frehley/2021/will-rogers-auditorium-fort-worth-tx-338d6455.html

Ace Frehley Setlist
at Will Rogers Auditorium, Fort Worth, TX, USA

Oct 20 2021

1/ Rocket Ride (Ace KISS song)
2/ Parasite (Ace KISS song)
3/ Strutter (KISS song)
4/ Rip It Out
5/ Never In My Life (Moutain cover)
6/ Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin cover)
7/ Detroit Rock City (KISS song)
8/ New York Groove (Russ Ballard cover)
9/ Shock Me (Ace KISS song)
10/ Ace Frehley Guitar Solo
11/ Cold Gin (Ace Kiss song) / Black Diamond (KISS song)
12/ Deuce (Kiss song)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeVen 22 Oct - 9:44

22.10.2021 07:43:03

Ace Frehley - Rocket Ride - Live

82 vues . 21 oct. 2021

Ace Frehley at Will Rogers Auditorium in Fort Worth Texas. October 20, 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeVen 22 Oct - 9:52

22.10.2021 07:50:19

Ace Frehley - Shock Me - Live

134 vues . 21 oct. 2021

Ace Frehley performance of “Shock Me” live at Will Rogers Auditorium in Fort Worth Texas. October 20, 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeVen 22 Oct - 10:07

22.10.2021 07:53:06

158 vues . 21 oct. 2021

Alice Cooper - Schools Out/Another Brick in the wall - Live

Alice Cooper encore - "Schools Out/Another Brick in the Wall at Will Rogers Auditorium in Fort Worth Texas. October 20, 2021... Ace Frehley joins the band onstage for this one.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Oct - 13:45

25.10.2021 11:41:09

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ace-frehley/2021/bancorpsouth-arena-tupelo-ms-4b8d679a.html

Ace Frehley Setlist
at BancorpSouth Arena, Tupelo, MS, USA

Oct 22 2021

3/ Strutter (KISS song)
4/ Rip It Out
5/ Never In My Life (Moutain cover)
6/ Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin cover)
7/ Detroit Rock City (KISS song)
8/ New York Groove (Russ Ballard cover)
9/ Shock Me (Ace KISS song)
10/ Ace Frehley Guitar Solo
11/ Cold Gin (Ace Kiss song) / Black Diamond (KISS song)
12/ Deuce (Kiss song)
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Oct - 14:03

25.10.2021 11:51:20

Ace Frehley in Tupelo, MS 10/22/21

223 vues . 24 oct. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Oct - 14:13

25.10.2021 12:11:05

Ace Frehley: Shock Me with guitar solo live at BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo Mississippi

27 vues . 24 oct. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Oct - 14:18

25.10.2021 12:17:22

Alice Cooper and friends: School’s Out live at BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo Mississippi

92 vues . 24 oct. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 26 Oct - 10:28

26.10.2021 07:46:14

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ace_frehley_speaks_on_how_alice_cooper_treated_kiss_explains_what_he_requests_in_order_to_accept_reunion_offer.html

Ace Frehley Speaks on How Alice Cooper Treated KISS, Explains What He Requests in Order to Accept Reunion Offer

Posted 2 days ago / jomatami

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 12405810

During an appearance on The Eddie Trunk Podcast, original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley talked about Alice Cooper and their upcoming tour.

When the interviewer said, "I remember hearing a story, I think it was you and Paul Stanley early on, you guys went to see Alice Cooper - was that your earliest Alice Cooper experience?", Frehley replied (transcribed by UG):

"When I had first joined KISS, we went to see the 'Billion Dollar Babies' tour, and I hadn't met Alice yet at that point.

"Usually when people say to me, 'How long have you known Alice?', I've known Alice as long as we got drunk together, so how long has Alice been sober?

"I was sober 15 years, my anniversary was yesterday, but Alice's probably double that."

Alice was as notorious as you back in the day. The two of you back in those days must've been brutal, must've been unbelievable.

We got invited to Alice's birthday party, and of course, they had several cases of Budweiser, and I'm sitting next to Alice, and Paul and Gene [Simmons] are on the other side of him.

"Those guys don't drink, and me and Alice are chugging beers and laughing our fucking asses off, completely ignoring Paul and Gene because those guys don't drink.

"And Alice identified with me because we're both beer drinkers. We had a lot of fun that day, but I can't remember, that was in the '70s..."

When KISS was coming together and you're making the first record, I would think it made sense to think that seeing Alice, and doing a show like he was doing on that tour had a big impact on what you guys wanted to do as KISS when you started out, right?

"Well, from the very beginning, we've always said that people like Alice Cooper and other people as well have been major influences on us.

"I mean, Alice Cooper was one of the... he puts on a theatrical rock show, we took it one step further, or maybe two. [Laughs] Or maybe a whole staircase, I don't know...

"But Alice is a great talent, great songs, a fun guy to be around - I've been friends with him, I'm good friends with the guys in his band.

"His guys know my guys, they talk to each other, so it's going to be a lot of fun, a lot of camaraderie.

"It's going to be very cool, I'm looking forward to it. I don't see any downsides or negativity - I mean, the only thing I wish is that, because the Covid and stuff, they're not having an opening act."

[Producer] Bob Ezrin said you're the most rock and roll guy in the band [KISS], and he said you were right to feel you were ganged up on at times.

"It's funny you brought up Bob because I was just talking to other guys in my band, and Bob lives in Nashville.

"And so do the guys in my band except for Matt Starr, the drummer, I said, 'Let's get Bob Ezrin over to the show, I haven't seen him in a dog's age...'

"So hopefully, that will materialize. It's going to be a great tour."

Do you hold out any hope still that you might play with them, even if it's a final show, is there any scenario where you see it?

"Anything's possible. I've always said that - that's the first question so many people have asked me over the years, 'Would you ever consider doing a KISS tour?'

"I said, 'I never closed to door to anything.' If the money's right and it's presented to me the right way, anything can happen...

"I really KISS was so successful because it was such a dynamic act because we didn't just sound good, we put on a spectacle of a show, and it captivated people.

"And that's why in the late '70s we were voted the No. 1 group in America, which is a major achievement in my career, and I was very proud to be part of that.

"It stood the test of time, all my guitar work and solos, even though I'm not playing them, someone else is, life goes on."
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 26 Oct - 10:48

26.10.2021 08:29:50

Ace Frehley Still Doesn't Rule Out KISS Reunion In 2021!

376 vues . 25 oct. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeJeu 28 Oct - 9:53

28.10.2021 07:49:31

https://bravewords.com/news/ace-frehley-launches-the-space-cassette-box-set

ACE FREHLEY Launches The Space Cassette Box Set

October 27, 2021, 5 hours ago

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 617a0210

Hot on the heels of Ace Frehley’s epic tour with Alice Cooper this summer, comes The Space Cassette Box Set, featuring Frehley’s entire eOne catalog on cassette for the very first time.

Spanning five albums over 11 years, this specially priced box set features Anomaly Deluxe, Space Invader, Origins Vol.1, Spaceman, and Origins Vol.2; all pressed on exclusive colors, per release, plus four individually colored “iconic silhouette” guitar pics, all from Ace’s chart topping era with eOne.

This colored set has been capped at 1000 units, and is available exclusively from MNRK Heavy. Shipping now!

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Ace_ca10

The Space Cassette Boxset includes the following Ace Frehley titles:

Anomaly (Deluxe) - Lime Green Cassette Metallic Silver Imprint
   Origins Vol. I - Light Blue Cassette Metallic Silver Imprint
   Origins Vol. II - Black Cassette Metallic Silver Imprint
   Space Invader - Yellow Cassette Metallic Silver Imprint
   Spaceman - Silver Metallic Cassette Black Imprint

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Ace_ta10
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeJeu 28 Oct - 9:57

28.10.2021 07:54:43

https://www.metalcastle.net/ace-frehley-speaks-on-alice-coopers-influence-on-kiss/

Ace Frehley Speaks On Alice Cooper’s Influence On KISS

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Ace-fr22

By Gorkem Erel - October 24, 2021

In a new interview with The Eddie Trunk Podcast, the original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley has looked back on the early days of his former band and talked about the shock rock singer Alice Cooper‘s influence on the band.

Ace Frehley was the lead guitarist of the American rock band KISS. He had appeared several times with them throughout their career. In 1973, he co-founded the band and performed until 1982. Later then, he rejoined the band in 1996 and parted ways once again in 2002.

During his tenure with KISS, Ace Frehley recorded ten studio albums. Debuted in 1974 with the band’s self-titled album, Frehley‘s latest KISS album was the band’s eighteenth studio effort, The Circus, which was released on September 22, 1998.

However, Ace Frehley has recently made an appearance on the internet to recall the early days of his former band. When the interviewer mentioned Alice Cooper and KISS‘ early collaborations, Frehley touched on Alice Cooper‘s influence on KISS.

“Well, from the very beginning, we’ve always said that people like Alice Cooper and other people as well have been major influences on us,” he says.

“I mean, Alice Cooper was one of the… he puts on a theatrical rock show, we took it one step further, or maybe two. [Laughs] Or maybe a whole staircase, I don’t know…

“But Alice is a great talent, great songs, a fun guy to be around – I’ve been friends with him, I’m good friends with the guys in his band.

“His guys know my guys, they talk to each other, so it’s going to be a lot of fun, a lot of camaraderie.

“It’s going to be very cool, I’m looking forward to it. I don’t see any downsides or negativity.”
Frehley Recalls A Funny Memory KISS Got Invited To Alice Cooper’s Birthday

When the interviewer said he and Alice Cooper were brutal back in the days, Frehley recalled a moment that KISS got invited to Cooper‘s birthday. According to him, when he and Cooper were having fun with each other, they ignored the remaining KISS members.

“We got invited to Alice’s birthday party, and of course, they had several cases of Budweiser, and I’m sitting next to Alice, and Paul [Stanley] and Gene [Simmons] are on the other side of him,” Frehley reveals.

“Those guys don’t drink, and me and Alice are chugging beers and laughing our fucking asses off, completely ignoring Paul and Gene because those guys don’t drink.

“And Alice identified with me because we’re both beer drinkers. We had a lot of fun that day, but I can’t remember, that was in the ’70s…”

Elsewhere in the interview, the musician was asked if he hopes he might play with KISS in the future. Frehley said that anything is possible if the money is right.

“Anything’s possible – I’ve always said that,” Frehley admits. “That’s the first question so many people have asked me over the years, ‘Would you ever consider doing a KISS reunion?’

“I said, ‘I never closed the door on anything.’ If the money’s right and it’s presented to me in the right way, anything can happen.”
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeVen 29 Oct - 11:15

29.10.2021 09:13:53

EDDIE TRUNK on ACE FREHLEY set list

264 vues . 28 oct. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Nov - 13:04

02.11.2021 11:53:15

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/ace-frehley-had-1-hit-song-kiss-originally-another-band.html/

Ace Frehley Had 1 Hit Song Without Kiss and It Was Originally by Another Band

Published on October 30, 2021

Ace Frehley is most known for being one of the original members of Kiss. During the 1970s, he had one hit classic rock song without Kiss. In his autobiography, he said he wasn’t very impressed with the song initially. He also revealed how he reacted to the song’s chart success.

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Kiss-a10

Kiss’ Ace Frehley wanted the songs on his solo album to have a certain sound

Kiss originally had four members: Frehley, Gene Simmons, Peter Criss, and Paul Stanley. On September 18, 1978, each member of the band released a self-titled debut album. In his book No Regrets, Frehley said he expected his solo album to be the most critically successful of the quartet.

Frehley wasn’t sure it was a good idea for each member of Kiss to release a solo album on the same day. He thought perhaps Kiss’ label, Casablanca Records, should have released the solo records slowly over the course of months. Regardless, he wanted his album to be a solid, guitar-heavy rock record.
Why Ace Frehley recorded the most popular song on his debut solo album even though he didn’t like it

Ace Frehley produced a hit song. “The most popular song off that record would probably be ‘New York Groove,’ a song I didn’t even write and frankly didn’t think that much of the first time I heard it,” Frehley recalled. “Originally recorded by a band called the Hello People, ‘New York Groove’ was written by Russ Ballard. Russ had a band called Argent in the ’70s and I was lucky enough to see them perform in concert as a teen.” Although he says otherwise, the original “New York Groove” was by a band called Hello, not Hello People, which was a different band.

The way the world reacted to the song

Ace Frehley turned out to be the most commercially successful of the four solo albums. “New York Groove” went on to reach No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100. It stayed on the chart for 21 weeks. “New York Groove” remains Frehley’s only charting single as a solo artist. Its parent album peaked at No. 26 on the Billboard 200 and remained on the chart for 23 weeks.

Ace Frehley didn’t find the same popularity in the United Kingdom. According to The Official Charts Company, the album did not chart in the U.K. and neither did Frehley’s cover of “New York Groove.” In fact, nothing Frehley released ever charted in the U.K.

RELATED: The Kiss Song That’s a ‘Rip Off’ of the Rolling Stones’ ‘Brown Sugar’

In No Regrets, Frehley discusses his feelings on the impact of his album. “I was stunned and moved by the response, and especially by the enduring popularity of ‘New York Groove,'” he said. “It’s a great song for a guy from the Bronx, which is what I still am after all these years. It was a total departure from both Kiss and my personal style and taste, but it was absolutely the right song at the right time.” While “New York Groove” is different from Kiss’ music, it remains a major part of Frehley’s legacy.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Nov - 9:26

11.11.2021 08:22:05

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehley-is-working-on-some-heavy-songs/

ACE FREHLEY Is Working On 'Some Heavy Songs'

November 10, 2021 10 Comments

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Acefre15

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley says that he has collaborated with his longtime friend Peppy Castro on "some heavy songs."

Peppy reportedly taught Frehley how to play guitar and previously collaborated with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons as a songwriter and performed on Frehley's and KISS frontman Paul Stanley's solo records.

Frehley shared the news of his latest latest studio sessions with Castro in an Instagram post on November 4. At the time, he wrote: "Been Recording all day w/my dear friend Peppy Castro…collaborated on some heavy songs!!!"

Earlier today, Ace offered an update on his studio activities, writing: "Been Recording all day!!! I'm thinking about Christmas & how lucky I am that I have complete creative freedom over my music, and I'm very thankful for all the gifts God has given me… I sometimes forget how good I have it, and I'm trying to act humble & be worthy of my talents & situation, considering I grew up with nothing in the Bronx!"

Last December, Frehley told Talking Metal Live that he would started recording his next all-original album earlier this year. The record will be the follow-up to "Spaceman", which was released in October 2018 via eOne. At the time, he said that had "been writing all along. Plus, I have tracks that I've already recorded that I have to revisit and decide whether they have a chance to make it on my new studio record — [if they] have to be rewritten or [they're] just good the way they are," he explained. "And I've got people sending me song ideas constantly… So, little by little, it's an ongoing process, and it evolves as it goes."

Earlier last year, Frehley told Canada's iHeart Radio that he had "only written about three songs" for his next LP, and he added they were "not finished." He said: "Now that I'm [living] on the East Coast [after moving to New Jersey from Southern California], my engineer only lives an hour from me, Alex Salzman, who worked with me extensively on this last record, and he played a lot of bass guitar as well, So it's gonna be even easier, 'Origins Vol. 3' and the next [original] record."

Frehley's latest release was "Origins Vol. 2", the sequel to his 2016 collection of cover songs that inspired the former KISS guitarist.

"Origins Vol. 2" featured cover versions of THE BEATLES' "I'm Down", DEEP PURPLE's "Space Truckin'", LED ZEPPELIN's "Good Times Bad Times", THE ROLLING STONES' "Jumpin' Jack Flash", THE KINKS' "Lola" and THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE's "Manic Depression", among others. A cover of the 1975 KISS tune "She" also appeared as a bonus track. Guests on the set included CHEAP TRICK's Robin Zander, Lita Ford and former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick.

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons co-wrote two tracks on "Spaceman", "Without You I'm Nothing" and "Your Wish Is My Command", the latter of which also features Simmons's bass playing.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Nov - 9:33

11.11.2021 08:31:55

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Ace_gu10

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Ace_gu10
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Nov - 9:45

11.11.2021 08:44:03

Bonne nouvelle, Ace travaille à l'enregistrement de nouveaux titres... J'espère qu'un nouvel album sortira en 2022. Very Happy
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Nov - 8:20

16.11.2021 08:14:52

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ace-frehley/2021/newberry-opera-house-newberry-sc-5b8ac364.html

Ace Frehley Setlist
at Newberry Opera House, Newberry, SC, USA

Nov 12 2021

3/ Strutter (KISS song)
4/ Rip It Out
5/ Rock Soldiers
6/ Never In My Life (Moutain cover)
7/ Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin cover)
8/ Detroit Rock City (KISS song)
9/ Hard Times (Ace KISS song)
10/ Emerald (Thin Lizzy cover)
11/ Strange Ways (Ace KISS song)
12/ New York Groove (Russ Ballard cover)
13/ Shock Me (Ace KISS song)
14/ Ace Frehley Guitar Solo
15/ Shout It Out Loud (Kiss song)
16/ Cold Gin (Ace Kiss song) / Black Diamond (KISS song)
17/ Deuce (Kiss song)
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Nov - 8:25

16.11.2021 08:23:57

Ace Frehley Newberry SC 11:12:21

351 vues . 14 nov. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Nov - 8:33

16.11.2021 08:29:17

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ace-frehley/2021/hargray-capitol-theatre-macon-ga-6b8a321e.html

Ace Frehley Setlist
at Hargray Capitol Theatre, Macon, GA, USA

Nov 13 2021

3/ Strutter (KISS song)
4/ Rip It Out
5/ Rock Soldiers
6/ Never In My Life (Moutain cover)
7/ Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin cover)
8/ Detroit Rock City (KISS song)
9/ Hard Times (Ace KISS song)
10/ Strange Ways (Ace KISS song)
11/ New York Groove (Russ Ballard cover)
12/ Shock Me (Ace KISS song)
13/ Ace Frehley Guitar Solo
14/ Shout It Out Loud (Kiss song)
15/ Cold Gin (Ace Kiss song)
Encore :
16/ Emerald (Thin Lizzy cover)
17/ Deuce (Kiss song)
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Nov - 8:40

16.11.2021 08:38:30

Hard Times

15 vues . 14 nov. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Nov - 8:42

16.11.2021 08:40:57

Rock Soldiers

16 vues . 14 nov. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Nov - 8:44

16.11.2021 08:43:38

Detroit Rock City

6 vues . 14 nov. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Nov - 8:46

16.11.2021 08:45:39

Ace Frehley (KISS) plays ''Emerald" (Thin Lizzy Cover) LIVE in Macon Ga. 11/14/2021

11 vues . 16 nov. 2021
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitimeJeu 18 Nov - 18:30

18.11.2021 17:27:04

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/kiss-ace-frehley-said-made-rolling-stones-song-something-special.html/

Kiss’ Ace Frehley Said He Made This Rolling Stones Song ‘Something Special’

Matthew Trzcinski
Published on November 17, 2021

Kiss‘ Ace Frehley is a big fan of The Rolling Stones. During the 1970s, Kiss covered a classic Rolling Stones song. Frehley said he turned the song into “something special” by changing it. He also credits the music of The Rolling Stones and other British Invasion bands for preventing him from joining a gang.

Ace Frehley said The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and other classic bands saved his life

In his book No Regrets, Frehley said he became fascinated with the British Invasion. The Rolling Stones and The Beatles were his favorite groups from that scene. He figured out how to play their songs on his brother’s acoustic guitar.

Frehley’s love of the British Invasion inspired him to grow his hair long. He said the music of those bands inspired him to embrace music instead of becoming a member of a gang. He credited this music with saving his life.

Why Ace Frehley wanted Kiss to cover a classic song from the 1960s

The Rolling Stones impacted Frehley again when Kiss covered a Rolling Stones song for the album Dynasty. “My buddy Chris Cassone, the in-house engineer at North Lake Sound Studio, came up with the idea for me to cover the Rolling Stones song ‘2000 Man,'” Frehley recalled. “On first listen, it didn’t really sound like a Kiss song, but I made short work of that. It was the title that originally caught my attention, and with a major overhaul, and slight rearrangement, I changed it into something special.”

Frehley loved the Rolling Stones album that included “2000 Man.” “I’ve always loved The Rolling Stones, and Their Satanic Majesties Request was a brilliant record,” he said. “From what I can remember, it was their answer to The Beatles’ release of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. [Producer Vini Poncia] loved the idea for the remake of ‘2000 Man,’ and it became one of the premier tracks off the record, as well as a signature song for me in concert.” Frehley liked “2000 Man” even though he had mixed feelings about Dynasty.

The way the world reacted to The Rolling Stones’ ‘Their Satanic Majesties Request’ and Kiss’ ‘Dynasty’

Neither The Rolling Stones nor Kiss released “2000 Man” as a single. Their Satanic Majesties Satanic Request became a massive hit. The album peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, staying on the chart for 30 weeks. The Official Charts Company reports the album was popular in the United Kingdom as well. There, Their Satanic Majesties Request peaked at No. 3 and lasted on the chart for 13 weeks.

Dynasty was also successful. The album peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard 200, lasting on the chart for 25 weeks. The Official Charts Company reports Dynasty reached No. 50 in the U.K. and remained on the chart for six weeks. While “2000 Man” was never a single, it remains a classic album track from two different bands.
Contenu sponsoriséAce Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021   Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021 Icon_minitime

Ace Frehley news à partir de fin 10/2021
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 19Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Suivant