Kiss France forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

Partagez

Ace Frehley News !

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Suivant
AuteurMessage
phiphiMonsterMessages : 11417
Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeVen 1 Avr - 21:25

Ace Frehley Premieres Cover Thin Lizzy's "Emerald" Featuring Slash

Posted 04/01/2016 by Guitar World Staff

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Ace62110

Ace Frehley has debuted a second song today from his forthcoming inspirational covers LP that's due out later this month.

Below, check out Ace's take on the Thin Lizzy classic "Emerald." Recently reunited Guns N Roses axeman Slash is featured front and center.

Frehley will release Origins Vol. 1, a collection of 12 newly recorded classics from Ace’s formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, on April 15. Most notably, Kiss frontman Paul Stanley joins Ace on Free's hit "Fire and Water." This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS' 1998 reunion album Psycho Circus.

Ace spoke with Rolling Stone about the new record, his guest players and recording with Paul after all these years. Rolling Stone writes: Regarding his reunion with Stanley, Frehley shrugs off any residual tension between the two of them. "We've always been friends," he says. "The press seems to amplify negativity. I guess it makes good copy."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
phiphiphiphiMonsterMessages : 11417
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 7:20

Hear Ace Frehley, Slash Cover Thin Lizzy's 'Emerald'

Kiss and Guns N' Roses guitarists team for 'Origins Vol. 1'
By Daniel Kreps April 1, 2016

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 720x4011  
ace frehley and slash

Former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley and Guns N' Roses' Slash have teamed for a ferocious cover of Thin Lizzy's "Emerald." Ethan Miller/Getty; Gabriel Olsen/Getty

Ace Frehley recently announced his all-star covers LP Origins Vol. 1, featuring his former Kiss bandmate Paul Stanley, Pearl Jam's Mike McCready, Lita Ford and more. Ahead of the album's April 15th release date, Frehley has unveiled another Origins cut: a ferocious version of Thin Lizzy's "Emerald" featuring Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Frehley said he and Slash played "Emerald" live together 15 times in order to get the performance right. "It took me three days to pick the best takes, and I think it came out great." Frehley said.

Sidebar
Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 300x1610
Ace Frehley
Ace Frehley: Five Songs I Wish I Wrote »

Origins Vol. 1 also features covers like the Rolling Stones' "Street Fighting Man," Led Zeppelin's "Bringing it Back Home," Cream's "White Room," Jimi Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic," the Kinks' "'Til the End of the Day," Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride" and even three tracks by Frehley's former group Kiss. On a cover of Free's "Fire and Water," Frehley reunites with Kiss' Paul Stanley for the first time on a studio recording since Kiss' classic lineup reunited for 1998's Psycho Circus.

"I'm really thrilled with the whole thing," Frehley told Rolling Stone of the album. "I'm excited about it, and probably somewhere down the road there'll be a second volume."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-ace-frehley-slash-cover-thin-lizzys-emerald-20160401#ixzz44dvxssP7
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 7:25

Interview: Ace Frehley Says It's Okay to Hate Gene Simmons

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Ace_fr10
Ace Frehley
Photo Credit: Getty Images

Ace Frehley is back and he's got a brand new album featuring covers of artists that have influenced him. That includes a couple of KISS songs that he wrote, but never sang on with KISS, "Cold Gin" and 'Parasite." The album is called "Origins: Vol 1." It will be out April 15th.

So what's Ace's current relationship with members of KISS? While he's got Paul Stanley singing on the album with him, he couldn't get Gene Simmons. He says that a lot of people "hate Gene." When asked if it's okay to hate Gene Simmons, but still be a KISS fan he said "yeah." Ace said at the end of the day he loves Gene, and he's his brother. He also says that he has a good relationship with Paul Stanley.

Listen his full interview with Quinn & Cantara below.

Read more: http://pyx106.iheart.com/onair/quinn-cantara-morning-show-47865/interview-ace-frehley-says-its-okay-14551512/#ixzz44dyHkUv4
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 7:26

http://www.iheart.com/talk/show/139-Quinn-Cantara/?episode_id=27482799
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 7:30

ACE FREHLEY Debuts THIN LIZZY Cover “Emerald” Featuring SLASH; Audio

April 1, 2016, 12 hours ago

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 56facb11

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley will release Origins Vol. 1, a collection of 12 newly recorded classics from his formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, on April 15th. Ace's take on the Thin Lizzy classic "Emerald”, featuring recently reunited Guns N’ Roses axeman Slash is streaming below.

On the new album, KISS frontman Paul Stanley joins Ace on Free's hit "Fire And Water”. This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS' 1998 reunion album Psycho Circus.

"White Room”, the classic hit originally performed by Cream, is streaming below. Other guests include Lita Ford singing and playing lead on The Troggs staple "Wild Thing”, Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition "Parasite" for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic”, and Pearl Jam's Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS Alive! mainstay "Cold Gin”. "White Room" is also an iTunes instant gratification track, meaning fans who pre-order the LP on iTunes will receive the Cream cover song instantly.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 11:38

Ace Frehley – Thin Lizzy-klasszikus Slashsel

TAZ, 2016, április 2 - 05:50

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Acesla10
Április közepén jön az egykori KISS-gitáros feldolgozáslemeze, amiről most egy jól ismert Thin Lizzy-dal került ki a netre.

A Cream White Roomja után most a Thin Lizzy Emeraldja a soros, amit Slash és Frehley élőben vettek fel. Az egykori KISS-bárdista szerint vannak részek, aminek 15-ször mentek neki. Ace így élte meg a felvételeket: „3 napba telt, mire összehoztuk, de a végeredmény magáért beszél.”

Az ’Origins Vol. 1’ névre keresztelt anyag az eOne gondozásában jelenik meg április 15-én.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 11:43

Music Planner: Duran Duran, Ry Cooder, Ace Frehley, Spring Jam, Safety Harbor Song Fest

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:37am

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Ace03310

NEXUS OF AXES: Ry Cooder, Ace Frehley

Guitar aficionados have a terrible choice to make on Saturday, as Chic's Nile Rodgers isn't the only guitar god in town.

In Clearwater, there's longtime Kiss axman Ace Frehley, shown right, who's touring in support of a solo covers album featuring takes on Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Steppenwolf and, um, Kiss themselves. The Spaceman even re-teams with Kiss' Paul Stanley on Free's Fire and Water. He'll perform at the Capitol Theatre, 405 Cleveland St., with former Queensryche singer Geoff Tate opening at 8 p.m. Sold out, but call (727) 791-7400 for last-minute ticket availability.

At the Straz Center, 1010 N MacInnes Place in Tampa, there's Ry Cooder, shown left, who has worked with everyone from the Rolling Stones to Eric Clapton to Captain Beefheart. He'll join American icons Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White at 7:30 p.m., performing traditional folk and country classics from the '60s and earlier.

"It's not like something you're going to see every year," Cooder said in a phone interview. "You've got to see it while you can."

$45 and up. (813) 229-7827. strazcenter.org. For more with Ry Cooder, see tampabay.com/soundcheck.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 11:47

Slash i Ace Frehley w utworze „Emerald” Thin Lizzy

Były gitarzysta Kiss zaprosił do pracy nad swoim nowym krążkiem wielu znanych gości, wśród których znalazł się muzyk Guns N' Roses. Posłuchajcie, jak panowie wykonali cover słynnej kapeli.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Slash-10
foto: Scott Penner, CC-BY-SA-2.0; Craig, CC-BY-SA-2.0
Choć początkowo mówiono o końcu 2015 roku, to album Ace'a Frehleya zatytułowany „Origins Vol. 1” pojawi się 15 kwietnia 2016 roku. Na krążku znajdzie się szereg coverów znanych kapel takich, jak chociażby Led Zeppelin czy The Rolling Stones. W ten sposób muzyk chciał złożyć hołd artystom, którzy go zainspirowali. Nie zabraknie również utworów z dorobku Kiss.

Ace Frehley na nadchodzącym albumie pojawił się w roli wokalisty prowadzącego, co nie miało miejsca wcześniej w przypadku Kiss. Muzyka wsparła kapela składająca się z gitarzysty Richiego Scarleta, Chrisa Wyse'a, który gra na basie oraz perkusisty Scotta Coogana.

Nagrywając nowe wydawnictwo artysta zaprosił do współpracy wielu gości, m.in. Slasha. Muzycy nagrali cover Thin Lizzy „Emerald”. Numer oryginalnie pojawił się na 6. studyjnym krążku kapeli zatytułowany „Jailbreak” z 1976 roku.

Posłuchajcie, jak kompozycja prezentuje się w wykonaniu Frehleya oraz Slasha:

Sprawdźcie również, jak były muzyk Kiss zinterpretował numer „White Room” z repertuaru Cream:

Kolejnymi znakomitymi gośćmi na tym krążku są Lita Ford, gitarzysta Roba Zombiego, John 5 oraz Mike McCready z Pearl Jam.

Jakie kompozycje znajdą się na „Origins Vol. 1”?
Tracklista:

White Room
   Street Fighting Man
   Spanish Castle Magic
   Fire And Water
   Emerald
   Bring It On Home
   Wild Thing
   Parasite
   Magic Carpet Ride
   Cold Gin
   Till The End Of The Day
   Rock And Roll Hell

Obejrzyjcie również, jak prezentuje się okładka tego wydawnictwa:
foto: materiały prasowe

Na albumie pojawił się frontman Kiss, Paul Stanley, który udzielił się w numerze „Fire And Water” i tym samym jest to pierwsza współpraca muzyków od 1998 roku, gdy pracowali nad albumem Kiss zatytułowanym „Psycho Circus”.

Czyżby artyści zawiesili broń? Jak wiadomo stosunki między twórcami były napięte. Oryginalny skład kapeli zebrał się w 2014 roku na potrzeby gali wprowadzenia do Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, jednak tuż przed występem część muzyków zrezygnowała ze wspólnego pojawienia się na scenie.

Tymczasem Ace Frehley ma zaplanowaną trasę koncertową po Stanach Zjednoczonych, z czego najbliższe występy odbędą się na początku kwietnia 2016 roku.

Jak oceniacie cover Thin Lizzy w wykonaniu Slasha i Ace'a Frehleya?
Aleksandra Degórska
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSam 2 Avr - 14:18

Ace Frehley Slams Paul Stanley’s Suggestion Of A Kiss Lineup With No Original Members

MARCH 30 2016

Victoria Miller

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Ace-fr12

Ace Frehley hasn’t been a member of Kiss for more than 15 years, but he still has major opinions of the band he first joined in 1973. Ultimate Classic Rock posted Ace Frehley’s response to founding member Paul Stanley’s comment last fall that the band could go on after all four of the original members are retired. In a new interview with Boston’s WZLX 100.7 FM, Frehley said the idea of Kiss without any original members is ridiculous.

“That’s the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever heard them make. I think the only reason they make those statements at this juncture is to try to validate the fact that they have two other guys in the band that aren’t the original members.”

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 12558810

Both Ace Frehley and original drummer Peter Criss are no longer with Kiss, and Frehley thinks Stanley and longtime bandmate Gene Simmons are trying to make sense of their revamped rock band, which now includes Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer.

“They’re trying to rationalize to the fans, ‘Well, you know, we replaced Peter and we replaced Ace and eventually we’re gonna replace ourselves. That’s like Mick Jagger saying, ‘Yeah, after me and Keith die, the Stones will continue on with two other guys.’ It’s a joke.”

Ace Frehley’s comments come after Stanley told Australian radio station 4KQ last year that he thinks both he and Simmons are replaceable.

“Well, I can see Kiss without Gene. As much as I’m a big fan of what I do and think I do it really well, I didn’t invent the wheel. Somebody is out there who can come in and take my place, and at some point, I don’t see a reason for the band to fold anymore than I can see a reason for a team to fold.”

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 12751410
#TBT: 1980: #KISS at the Sydney, Australia Town Hall. Picture: Fairfax Staff

And it’s not the first time the glam rocker has talked about the future of his famous rock group. In a previous interview with The Joe Rogan Experience, as quoted by TeamRock, Stanely said the iconic Kiss characters would outlive all of them.

“Arguably, you can go anywhere in the world and people know who Kiss is, regardless of whether they know who those people are. So to give up that because we found that those guys were no longer either capable or wanted to give it 100%, well, then who loses out? The fans. So, no. Those images are the images that will continue when I’m not here either.”

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 12716610
#TBT 1974 #KISS Hotter Than Hell photo shoot

As for the signature Kiss makeup, Thayer has taken on Ace Frehley’s “Space Ace” Spaceman and Singer has taken on Criss’s former Catman persona. But according to Frehley, he gets a royalty for the trademarked makeup.

“All the makeups for each character are trademarked; they were trademarked many years ago. And my attorney told me that I license my makeup to Kiss and they pay me a royalty for that. I license it to Paul and Gene, so they can do whatever they want with it, as long as they pay me.”

While they may not be in agreement over the future of their longtime band, Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley recently teamed up for Frehley’s upcoming covers album, titled Origins Vol. 1, marking the first time the duo have recorded together in nearly 20 years. The album drops April 15.

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 12729610
Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, @PaulStanleyLive Reunion https://t.co/OXdDtE83T7

Take a look at the video below to see Ace Frehley talking about interacting with his former bandmates at Kiss’s Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame induction.

[Photo by Peter Cade/Central Press/Getty Images]

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2942927/ace-frehley-slams-paul-stanleys-suggestion-of-a-kiss-lineup-with-no-original-members/#Av1dhkWyocI0Lppf.99
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeLun 4 Avr - 13:30

Ace Frehley Setlist at Capitol Theatre, Clearwater, FL, USA

Apr 2 2016

Fractured Mirror

Toys
Rocket Ride
Parasite
Love Gun
Snowblind
Sister
Emerald
Rock Soldiers
Bass Solo
Strange Ways
New York Groove
2 Young 2 Die
Shock Me
Ace Frehley Guitar Solo
Encore:
Detroit Rock City
Deuce

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeLun 4 Avr - 13:33

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeLun 4 Avr - 13:58

Le 3 avril 2016.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeLun 4 Avr - 19:25

Ace Frehley Setlist at Markham Park, Sunrise, FL, USA

3 april 2016
Tour: 2016 U.S.
Setlist

1. Fractured Mirror
2. Rocket Ride
3. Parasite
4. Love Gun
5. Snowblind
6. Emerald
(Thin Lizzy cover)
7. Strange Ways
8. 2 Young 2 Die
9. Shock Me
10. Ace Frehley Guitar Solo
11. Detroit Rock City
12. Deuce

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeLun 4 Avr - 19:29

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeLun 4 Avr - 19:49

Ace Frehley e Slash fazem cover de Thin Lizzy – ouça

Gravação fará parte de álbum de covers de Frehley
Por Matheus Anderle -
04/04/2016

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Ace-fr13
Ace Frehley

O guitarrista Ace Frehley (ex-Kiss) está se preparando para o lançar o álbum de covers Origins Vol. 1, que contará com a participação de artistas como Paul Stanley, Mike McCready, Lita Ford, entre outros. Uma dessas parcerias foi disponibilizada para audição — um cover de “Emerald”, do Thin Lizzy, com a participação do guitarrista Slash. Você pode ouvir a versão no player abaixo.

De acordo com Frehley, os dois guitarristas precisaram tocar a música umas quinze vezes antes de conseguir acertar a performance. “Eu levei três dias para pegar os melhores takes, e eu acho que ficou muito bom,” disse o músico.
Slash e o Guns N’ Roses

Caso você não tenha ficado sabendo, Slash se reuniu com sua antiga banda, o Guns N’ Roses, e está pronto para entrar em turnê por mais de 20 cidades Norte-americanas. No primeiro dia de Abril, a formação clássica da banda se reuniu pela primeira vez em 23 anos para uma apresentação na casa de shows Troubadour, em Los Angeles.

Você pode conferir o setlist e alguns vídeos do evento clicando aqui, e também assistir à uma boa gravação de um trecho da famosa “Welcome To The Jungle” clicando aqui.
kisslolokissloloCo-AdminMessages : 17706
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMar 5 Avr - 6:25

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMar 5 Avr - 14:29

'Space' Ace Frehley treats Kiss army fans to a New York groove

Posted By Mathis Hunter on Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Ace_fr11

Often considered the musical “Ace” up Kiss’ sleeve, the Spaceman lands at the Variety Playhouse just 10 days before releasing his upcoming solo album Origins Vol. 1. The new album is a collection of covers and old Kiss songs which pay homage to Frehley’s influences while hosting a horde of guests, including a reunion with Paul Stanley on Free’s “Fire and Water.” Members of the Kiss Army will be treated to songs that no longer surface in Frehley’s former band’s set list. Tue., April 5.

With Geoff Tate’s Operation: Mindcrime. $37.50-$42. 8 p.m. Variety Playhouse, 1099 Euclid Ave. N.E. 404-524-7384. www.variety-playhouse.com.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMar 5 Avr - 14:31

ACE FREHLEY Hopes To Release His Next Book In 2017

April 4, 2016 14 Comments

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Acefre13

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley was recently interviewed on "Elliot In The Morning", the morning radio talk show hosted by DJ Elliot Segal. You can listen to the chat below.

Speaking about the planned sequel to his autobiography "No Regrets: A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir", which came out in 2011, Frehley said: "Well, I've got a couple of chapters written and I have several notes for other chapters that are gonna be included, so I'm thinking hopefully getting it finished by the end of this year and out next year."

Frehley also acknowledged the fact that he has had to piece a lot of the material together from third-party anecdotes owing to his active addictions around the time that the events took place.

"Everybody does have an Ace story, in most cases, and it's actually good for me, because my memory isn't what it used to be," he said. "So [how it comes together is by] sitting down with old friends and employees and family members, and saying, 'What do you remember? Jog my memory.' And nine times out of ten, it comes back to me once they kick off the story."

Frehley said a couple of years ago that his next book will "be along the same lines as the first one." He continued: "I don't believe in bashing people. I don't believe in a lot of negativity, so most of the stories in the book are going to be about me: funny stories and funny situations on the road, all stories about me in the Bronx growing up, and so on and so forth.

"There wasn't much in the first book about the FREHLEY'S COMET years, and there's plenty of stories along those lines, there's still plenty of KISS stories, and plenty of stories of me growing up. I probably have enough stories for five books."

"No Regrets: A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir" landed at position No. 10 on the New York Times "Hardcover Nonfiction" best sellers list. The book, which was described as a look back at Ace's "life of sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll," arrived on November 1, 2011 via Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

"No Regrets" was co-written by New York Times journalist Joe Layden who also authored "The Last Great Fight" about what is considered by many to be the biggest upset in the history of boxing: James "Buster" Douglas' tenth-round knockout win over Mike Tyson in 1990.

Frehley performed with KISS from its inception in 1973 until his first departure in 1982 before rejoining KISS in 1996 for a very successful reunion tour. Frehley's second stint lasted until 2002.

"Origins Vol. 1", a collection of twelve newly recorded classics from Ace's formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, will be released on April 15. Most notably, KISS frontman Paul Stanley joins Ace on FREE's hit "Fire And Water". This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS's 1998 reunion album "Psycho Circus". Other guests are none other than Slash trading leads on THIN LIZZY's classic "Emerald", Lita Ford singing and playing lead on THE TROGGS staple "Wild Thing", ROB ZOMBIE guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition "Parasite" for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic", and PEARL JAM's Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS "Alive!" mainstay "Cold Gin".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehley-hopes-to-release-his-next-book-in-2017/#6a0hYREUfFeKqFOR.99
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMar 5 Avr - 14:33

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMar 5 Avr - 14:56

ACE FREHLEY Debuts New "Emerald" Cover Track

By Larry Petro, News Monkey
Monday, April 4, 2016 @ 12:33 AM

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Acefre14

Origins Vol. 1 Due Out 4/15/16

ACE FREHLEY has debuted a second song from his forthcoming inspirational covers LP due out later this month. It's Ace's take on the THIN LIZZY classic "Emerald". Recently reunited GUNS 'N ROSES axeman SLASH is featured front and center.

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer ACE FREHLEY will release Origins Vol. 1, a collection of 12 newly recorded classics from Ace’s formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, on April 15, 2016. Most notably, KISS frontman PAUL STANLEY joins ACE on FREE's hit "Fire And Water". This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS' 1998 reunion album Psycho Circus.

"White Room" debuted a few weeks ago, the classic hit originally performed by CREAM. Other guests are none other than Slash trading leads on THIN LIZZY's classic "Emerald", Lita Ford singing and playing lead on THE TROGGS staple "Wild Thing", Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition "Parasite" for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic", and PEARL JAM's Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS Alive! mainstay "Cold Gin". "White Room" is also an iTunes instant gratification track, meaning fans who pre order the LP on iTunes will receive the CREAM cover song instantly.

4/5 - Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
4/7 - Danville, VA - Carrington Pavilion
4/8 - Washington, DC - 930 Club
4/9 - New Hope, PA - Havana New Hope
4/11 - New York, NY - BB King's Blues Club
4/12 - New York, NY - BB King's Blues Club
4/13 - Huntington, NY - The Paramount
4/15 - Wilkes Barre, PA - The F.M. Kirby Center
4/16 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance Ace will be as active as ever on the road in 2016, having just announced 3 weeks worth of tour dates in the U.S., including two nights at the B.B. King Blues Club in New York City. Ace will be joined on the road by Richie Scarlet (rhythm, guitar and vocal duties), Chris Wyse on bass and vocals (THE CULT) and Scott Coogan on drums (Nikki Sixx’s BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION).

Origins Vol. 1 will be the follow up to Space Invader, released in 2014. Space Invader was Frehley's first studio album in five years, and the LP debuted at #9 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart, scoring the highest charting position of any KISS solo album ever, and marked Frehley's first return to the Top 10 since KISS' aforementioned 1998's Psycho Circus in 1998.
- See more at: http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=19395#sthash.4boTSpLr.dpuf
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMar 5 Avr - 18:54

Ajoutée le 5 avr. 2016

Episode 172, April 5, 2016. This week we sit down and give you a track by track review of Ace Frehley's new album Origins Vol. 1. This won't be some sugar-coated oh Ace you are the greatest review. This is three lifelong KISS fans who love Ace telling you what they really think. You might be surprised, we were! What were the standout tracks? On a scale of 1 to 10 how does this album rate? How does Ace's guitar playing stack up?

Ace Frehley www.AceFrehley.com

Press requests please contact Izzy Presley Productions (PR/Media Relations) at izzypresleyproductions.com
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMer 6 Avr - 14:29

Ace Frehley: Origins Vol. 1 (eOne)

April 4, 2016 / no comments / 60 views

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Acefre15
In the spirit of transparency, I’m a massive Ace Frehley fan and have been since I first saw/heard him in the mid 70’s. I was devastated when he left KISS and always pulled for his solo efforts. He’s had an admirable run, releasing killer albums with his band Frehley’s Comet and, more recently, two solo albums.

So, when I heard the original Spaceman was releasing a covers album I was torn. I’m not a fan of covers, unless they are done in a unique way or the songs are totally re-imagined by the artist. Still, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

I don’t know what I expected. I should have realized there would be nothing Avant garde or challenging in the tracks. After all, Ace is a classic rocker. They don’t work too far outside of the box. It was disappointing to realize that these tracks were meant to showcase his chops and the fact that he can still play. It’s not an album to take the listener on a journey or make them sit up and say “wha? He played it safe, which is not a bad thing. It’s just not my thing.

That said; fans will love this. Ace is still the muthafuckin’ man.

The collection is of covers that influenced Ace in his early days and three KISS songs (two Ace wrote and one Gene Simmons wrote). Guest appearances by John 5, Slash, Lita Ford, Mike McCready and Paul Stanley (wha?) are a nice cherry on the sundae but, in reality, don’t add much. No one really stands out, with the exception of John 5 and Paul Stanley. Though buried in the mix, you can hear John 5 doing some interesting stuff on the guitar … which is intriguing. Paul Stanley’s take on “Fire & Water” (Free) is tremendous and competes with Thin Lizzy’s “Emerald”” (w/Slash) as the best song on the album. Stanley plays it cool and sings outside of his KISS persona. The lower timber and groove lend to the overall greatness of the track.

Disappointment aside, it’s a fun listen.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMer 6 Avr - 14:33

ACE FREHLEY To Complete Next Book This Year For 2017 Release; Elliot In The Morning Audio Interview Streaming

April 5, 2016, 21 hours ago

Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 5703c410
In the YouTube clip below, Ace Frehley chats with Elliot In The Morning about his upcoming album, Origins, Vol. 1, his next book, his relationship with Gibson, and more.

Talking about his next book, the follow-up to 2011’s No Regrets: A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir, Ace reveals: “I’ve got a couple of chapters written and I have several notes for other chapters that are gonna be included, so I'm thinking hopefully getting it finished by the end of this year and out next year."

He continues: “Everybody does have an Ace story, in most cases, and it's actually good for me, because my memory isn't what it used to be.”

Listen to the interview below:

Frehley will release Origins Vol. 1, a collection of 12 newly recorded classics from his formative years featuring some of the biggest names in rock and roll, on April 15th. Ace's take on the Thin Lizzy classic "Emerald”, featuring recently reunited Guns N’ Roses axeman Slash is streaming below.

On the new album, KISS frontman Paul Stanley joins Ace on Free's hit "Fire And Water”. This collaboration marks the first time that Ace and Paul appear on the same studio recording since KISS' 1998 reunion album Psycho Circus.

"White Room”, the classic hit originally performed by Cream, is streaming below. Other guests include Lita Ford singing and playing lead on The Troggs staple "Wild Thing”, Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 playing guitar alongside Ace as he sings his classic KISS composition "Parasite" for the very first time, as well as Jimi Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic”, and Pearl Jam's Mike McCready also plays guitar with Ace as he finally sings his KISS Alive! mainstay "Cold Gin”. "White Room" is also an iTunes instant gratification track, meaning fans who pre-order the LP on iTunes will receive the Cream cover song instantly.

Tracklisting:

"White Room" (Cream)
"Street Fighting Man" (Rolling Stones)
"Spanish Castle Magic" feat. John 5 (Jimi Hendrix)
"Fire And Water" feat. Paul Stanley (Free)
"Emerald" feat. Slash (Thin Lizzy)
"Bring It On Home" (Led Zeppelin)
"Wild Thing" feat. Lita Ford (The Troggs)
"Parasite" feat. John 5 (KISS)
"Magic Carpet Ride" (Steppenwolf)
"Cold Gin" feat. Mike McCready (KISS)
"Till The End Of The Day" (Kinks)
"Rock and Roll Hell" (KISS)

Upcoming Ace Frehley tour dates are listed below. Ace is joined on the road by Richie Scarlet (rhythm, guitar and vocal duties), Chris Wyse on bass and vocals (The Cult), Scott Coogan on drums (Nikki Sixx’s Brides of Destruction).

Tour dates:

April
5 - Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
7 - Danville, VA - Carrington Pavilion
9 - New Hope, PA - Havana New Hope
11 - New York, NY - BB King's Blues Club
12 - New York, NY - BB King's Blues Club
13 - Huntington, NY - The Paramount
15 - Wilkes Barre, PA - The F.M. Kirby Center
16 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance

Click here for all ticket info. Additional dates to be announced.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMer 6 Avr - 14:35

MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMer 6 Avr - 17:58

Ajoutée le 6 avr. 2016

The Ace Frehley Band performs "Emerald" by Thin Lizzy live at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta on Tuesday, April 5, 2016.
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMer 6 Avr - 18:14

Ajoutée le 6 avr. 2016

Chris Wyse bass solo from the Ace Frehley Concert 4/5/16 at Variety Playhouse in Atanta Ga.
Contenu sponsoriséAce Frehley News ! - Page 24 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Ace Frehley News !   Ace Frehley News ! - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Ace Frehley News !
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 24 sur 40Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Suivant